Who knew it would be so easy to sell religious conservatism to millennials?

Who knew it would be so easy to sell religious conservatism to millennials?

Stay cucked faggot

mostly millennials who wanted it it would seem

Burn in hell, pagan

Millennials are weak-willed and underread. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Millennials throw money at Kermit instead of reading Jung and Dostoevsky.

I don't think many millenials actually become religious because of him lol

If anything his work inspires more people to read Dostoyevsky and Jung.

Becoming religious I think here can be extended to following religious dogma and having a religious mindset, in spite of not pairing this dogma to metaphysical values. Think of Dawkins' brand of humanism, for example.

>millennials are weak-willed and underread
lrn 2 into intellectual history. there are reasons for this

>it shouldn't surprise anyone that millennials throw money at Kermit instead of reading Jung and Dostoevsky.
kermit is telling millennials to read jung and dostoevsky

thou art sublimely dense

Anyone who didn't stumble upon Jung or Dostoevsky before paying Jordan Peterson money you should be lined up against a wall and shot.

you just need to present something as edgy and original and you'll get a bunch of faggots yelling "cuck" at non-autistic people

erase the "you" desu it was a typo and I love you and want nothing but the best for you and your family and friends. You seem like a swell and kind-hearted boy.

They're scared they're losing something they didn't even have, and they think religious conservatism will give it to them. They acknowledge the need for something to control society and religion is the best choice since law doesn't work by itself. Not that they're the ones who need controlling of course, but the stupid people do (aka women and minorities)

>Peterson is conservative
Even a cursory glance at both conservatism and Jordan Peterson will tell you that's not true

You forgot the part about millennials being tired of having to deal with all of this LGBTQPIAP+++ stuff already.

I, for one, would welcome leadership by the Vatican again.

REMINDER THAT JUNG IS A PRAGMATIC ATHEIST AND HIS PHILOSOPHY DISPROVES THE POSSIBILITY OF AN AFTERLIFE

I DO NOT EXPECT """"DR"""" PETERSON TO REALIZE THIS, NOR HIS FOLLOWERS

THERES DOZENS OF THINKERS WHO DO WHAT PETERSON DOES BETTER

MEME'D

tips bedora

>this LGBTQPIAP+++ stuff
I think half of the backlash against this stuff has to do with how annoying millennials are in general.
I'm a little older than most people here but I remember the struggle for gay people was basically "we just want to get married and not discriminated against" whereas now it's some pudgy person with a high voice and horn-rimmed glasses on youtube bitching about pronouns. I think theres more to blame here than LGBTQ etc.

>Jung
Please end this meme.

The problem is overall dismiss of mental problem and acceptance of destructive behavior like homosexuality, also inverting values and historic proven solid cultural foundations like family bounds.

Homosexuality is less destructive than muh pronouns and pumping yourself full of hormones.

Can you name some of those thinkers? I'm interested, thanks.

The problem with homosexuality is that now it's being normalized and even pushed onto young kids who barely even know anything about love or sex. If it didn't go beyond accepting that some people are gay I wouldn't have a problem with it. I may strongly disagree with gay marriage, but I don't really care if two gay guys want to be together. This gay pride bs really needs to stop though. Being gay is degenerate and is furthering degenerate behavior, and is the reason why we have all of this pronoun and tranny nonsense now.

I don't see how that can be so when over 35 million people are living with HIV/AIDS alone. When you consider the other STD's that are common with gays and other things that plague their culture and lifestyle like domestic abuse, drugs, or child abuse it makes the pronoun and hormone stuff look like nothing. At the very least there's some kickback against the pronoun and transsexual shit, when it comes to gays they're the natural aristocrats. You can't criticize them openly or you'll be exiled. Gays aren't just accepted by society but their lifestyle is actively being promoted.

Brainlet.

>there are reasons for this
Can you clarify?

Not easily. Or with brevity. It's been a tough slog for the ol' life-sustaining Logos since WW2. Two generations of critical theory have left people feeling rather washed out. Combined with the general hopelessness they feel about the economy, the future of mankind, etc. Automation. Umpteen revolutions that only left them feeling fucked-out and miserable. A weaponized spirit of irony that deprives them of any meaningful connection to time and space.

>Without a doubt, Marx’s future theoretical fame will be linked to his achievements as the conjurer of dead labor. The core of his critique of political economy is necromancy: as the hero who descends to the realm of the dead to contend with the shadows of values, Marx remains uncannily relevant also for the present. The undead—which walks among humans as the value of money and which, as a laughing communicator, strips the living of time and souls—rules today almost without any pretexts over the advanced societies. Work, communication, art, and love belong here entirely to the endgame of money. These form the substance of contemporary media and experiential time. And because money requires time for its utilization, so-called great history is also con- tinuing in some eerie way; it is a game that is always played for extra time. Yet such history is no longer the conversation of the living with the dead about the goodness of the world, but the ever more thorough pervasion of the living by the economized specter. The money soul peers ever more undisguised out of the human subjectivity of our time: a society of bought buyers and of prosti- tuted prostitutes is making a place for itself in globalized market conditions. Classic liberal laissez-faire is becoming explicit as the postmodern sucking and letting oneself be sucked. Telecommuni- cation is increasingly difficult to distinguish from tele-vampirism. Tele-viewers and tele-suckers draw from a liquefied world which hardly still knows what a resistant or autonomous life might be. Is it not possible that a time is coming when those who do not wish to speak of vampirism should also be silent about philosophy?

Philosophy is depressing. Millennials are sensitive. It's not that they misinterpreted the message, they got it exactly right. Cynicism rules. True cynicism is life-annihilatingly miserable to think about.

It goes on and on and on and on and on.

He caught the timing correct. At a time we are coming out of the most liberal times in America. The pendelum is about to swing and bounce off of the liberal era.

He would not have succeeded during the Bush years. They wouldve written him off as a Fox Pundit.

>most liberal times in America
What makes you believe this? Perhaps it's true insofar as "the culture" is concerned, but that's it.

I don't think Peterson claims to be the originator of his views, the parts he added might only be some of the physiological traits he espouses on since that's what he actually researches

>he would not have 40k patreon in times before patreon and social media

you don't say?

I was jealous of his income too but people being this butthurt about it makes me happy

I've never heard Peterson talk about the afterlife.

>butthurt
You need to leave.

Why is homosexuality degenerate? Not trolling just curious why you would believe this.

oops there's a word you don't like

A republican president stood up infront of his voters and waved the LGBT flag.

Just look around user. We need people like Peterson now more than ever. The counter culture is conservatism.

>The counter culture is conservatism.
it is as foretold

IMAGINE MY SHOCK

The counter-culture is anything other than third way liberalism, i.e. the far left is as much 'the counter-culture' as conservatism.

His views on religion really aren't that conservative. I would argue it's petersons lack of conservatism in his religious views, while still being religious, that makes him popular.

>watching that douchey faggots youtube videos because apparantly youre too dumb or lazy to read

> we are coming out of the most liberal times in America.

I'll be damned if the Liberals don't sweep the midterms. I'd be surprised if they didn't win 2020. Trump being a lousy politician has set the conservative backlash back years.

I just saved the picture, man. I don't really like him.

>They wouldve written him off as a Fox Pundit.

During the bush years religious conservatives were also fucking retarded and going "MUH CREATIONISM! MUH JESUS CAMP! MUH GAY CONVERSION THERAPY" and Peterson would have been written off as a new age '''''religious''''' hippie and put into the same box as the type of religious person who goes to a church with a gay woman pastor. The religious left.

Its been a long time since the Bush era, things have changed. His views weren't considered conservative until very recently, they used to be considered liberal views.

>THERES DOZENS OF THINKERS WHO DO WHAT PETERSON DOES BETTER

This is what people say when they don't want to commit to saying one thinker in perticular is better than the other. This sort of statement is so vague it's unassailable and worthless.

>Breed generation to defer to authority on literally everything

>surprised when they take anything from a position of (assumed) authority as truth as a result

whoddathunk

>I think half of the backlash against this stuff has to do with how annoying millennials are in general

I genuinely believe at least half the revolt against "SJW's" is about their aesthetics/tics ("problematic", "bodies", "spaces"). There's a huge progressive victory waiting if they figure out how to state their message more sternly, but at least in America that probably won't happen because
>dems in charge of campaigning

>jung is an atheist
no he isn't you fucking idiot

>I remember the struggle for gay people was basically "we just want to get married and not discriminated against"
I think gays actually used to be much more 'deviant' - they weren't demanding gay marriage until recently either. Right now it's transsexuals who are the more 'radical', while gays are becoming integrated into bourgeois society. Don't know how much I can compare different groups of the LGBT queer thing through different 'stages' though. Gays were more annoying in other words? Or is it the entitlement people are more annoyed with - the influence over public policy