Is it weird that I just intuitively "get" what Joyce was trying to do in Finnegan's Wake? I mean...

Is it weird that I just intuitively "get" what Joyce was trying to do in Finnegan's Wake? I mean, I don't even have to puzzle over it. The first time I read it I couldn't believe the people who said it was "difficult", it seems like something I would just think to myself but written down.

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.hentai-cosplay.com/image/chiyoko3-3/page/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you're a pseud desu

everyone has an author that they "get". It just happens that the one you get is a genius schizo that no one understands

I want to intuitively "get" the source of that image

About 25,270,000,000 results (1.62 seconds)

Image size:
500 × 750

Find other sizes of this image:
All sizes - Small - Medium - Large

Best guess for this image: big booty asian girls

>everyone has an author that they "get".
w-when will mine come along?

That's what reverse image search is for.
ja.hentai-cosplay.com/image/chiyoko3-3/page/1/

Thanks

What Joyce was trying to do, then?

Don't worry user, you'll find her soon :)

You might get what he's going for, but you certainly do not understand most of what he's saying. Differentiate between the two and you'll have less people calling you a pseud. It's not difficult because people don't understand what he's trying to do, it's difficult because there are a hundred references every paragraph and a combination of words and idioms that you won't fully understand unless you're well learned and have a good grasp on multiple languages.

If you claim to get even a quarter of the allusions in that book I'd call you a liar.

Those burn marks will never go away. Remember, no one held the iron to your arm but you, sweet girl.

>he thinks he's special.
yeah i can "get" books in like an hour after reading a summary and skimming around but you dont really understand it and that's not very impressive you fucking pseud.

>tfw you'll never come close to truly understanding Finnegan's Wake
Might as well kill myself now

>

>

forgot

>

who is this semen demon

Damn, one of those where you the rest of the set is pure dissapointment.

I've only read his first two books, the first four chapters of Ulysses and a few pages of FW, but I get what you mean. All his neologisms inexplicably linger in my mind and I don't think it's because of how often he is discussed. I probably won't finish Ulysses anytime soon because I'm not into decoding overly allusive books or just letting a book "wash over me" and appreciating the "musicality" of the prose without understanding half of it. But he sort of influenced and validated the way I write in my diary sometimes with all these obscure references to events in my life and stream-of-consciousness. So I like him but it's hard to explain why.

Underkeked.