Underrated Fruits

I had a persimmon for the first time a couple weeks ago and I feel like I've missed out all these years not eating them. They're like apples but with a plum flavor, pretty noice.

What are some other less-common yet delicious fruits?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OlI8r3nNUVw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Persimmons are like sad apricot-tomatoes

They're stiff like apples though.
In pictures they look somewhat like tomatoes but irl it's different.

>Buy that fruit yesterday
>Start seeing it all over Veeky Forums imediatelly even though I already knew of it's existence
Who here /LivingInASimulation/?

Let's see...

>fresh figs
>golden kiwis
>wild strawberries
(seriously, we should just consider them a completely different fruit from the ones at the grocery store)
>pomelo
>fresh dates

If you have an Asian market in your area, OP, just go there and get a whole mess of weird looking fruit. I haven't gone wrong yet doing that.

yo fuck those sad tomato looking motherfuckers

get yo bad self the nice long ones, and wait until they're so soft and tender you're almost afraid to hold one

then eat it and thank me forever

those things smell like literal cum

why can't I find hachiya persimmons at grocery stores?
also why did the fuyus disappear?

Yeah, it's pretty good.

They really have no flavor. They're just sweet with nothing else going on.

They're in season, that's all.

>why can't I find hachiya persimmons at grocery stores?
Because most people will eat them before they're ripe and have a uniquely terrible experience that will turn them off from ever buying again. By Western standards hachiya look rotten by the time they're ripe. Try an Asian grocery.

I fucking love mulberries

Are those the things that taste "furry"? A friend gave me one once. Why would they have me taste it if it wasn't ready to eat?

Fuck yeah time to make some cookies.

>most yanks have never eaten feijoas before
Sad!

No, that's subway.

Tfw no cashew apples

My first properly ripe persimmon changed my entire outlook on soft fruits and ripeness in general. Not even exaggerating.

now eat them frozen and you'll see the truth in your life.

Thats not a feijoas, mr subhuman

Pretty good. Kinda expensive around here, though.

Pretty it wasn't be Subway. Jared wouldn't have approved of fur.

>wasn't be
By the way I skipped sleep entirely last night, no bully pls no

they had both at Hmart yesterday, if there is one near you

Mangos are lowkey the most delicious fruit, especially cold and served with some hot rice pudding

Honey pomelo is amazing, like a middle thing of lemon and orange and they're huge so you can remove everything that's not meat and just enjoy that on its own.
Lychees are really nice, rambutans too though it's mostly cling seed being sold where I live which is not worth it to peel.
Mangos are usually good, though it can be hard to find good ones in grocery stores. Spain has good ones and asian markets are the best.
Persimmon is nice but I find it a bit too sweet and get tired of it much faster than other fruits.
Large, juicy dates are also amazing.

I had to explain pomelos to customers when I worked produce. I was dying to tell people it's a melon that really likes clown make-up and shitty rap music.

Langsat, this shit is the tits, they taste like fruit gummy bears

How does one eat one of these?

I've been eating persimmons my whole life, they're amazing.

I only eat persimmons when they're crunchy. I always go for the hardest ones I can find at the store
when they start getting ripe I throw them away

Freeze them then cut them up to eat, the texture is like a light sorbet.

Fruit gummy bears taste like fruit...

you sure are dumb that shit has a sandy texture like a pear but its so much so that tis bad unlike pears. its like eating and having sand left on your tongue

t. American

Try actually eating some real fruit ya fat retard

This sort of thing often happens to me as well. I'm now wondering if your post was made just to make me less suspicious.

hahaha you impatient fucker, you had one that isn't ripe.

ok what the fuck did you eat, a persimmon or a lump of soil the tree was planted in

That's only when it's not ripe enough or slightly too ripe. There's a window of 24 hours where it's perfect and not astringent at all.

Kiwano/African Cucumber/Horned Melon.
They're weird but I enjoy them.

>Haribo is the most famous gummy candy manufacturer
>They invented them
>German

Persimmons are a favorite. If you can get ahold of chocolate persimmons, do yourself a favor and try one. My favorite fruit.

I know that everyone knows about pomegranates, but I'll mention them since I don't really see people eating them. They're like a box of jewels of deliciousness.

Big fan of lychee also.

They are not close to being hard as apples when ripe, user

Biting straight into one is too sweet for me, I cut them up into chunks and then eat them.

baader-meinhof phenomenon

Bought some at the local market and they are small and not tasty at all.
Is it a shit fruit or i just bought unripe ones?

What are they?

ginkgos

feijoa

if you like those you might like mayhaw jelly! that shit is fucking out of sight.

I never tried mango until just a couple weeks ago.
Speaking of mangoes, am I going crazy or do they taste kinda like cum?

Gooseberries. First time I tried them was the end of all things good in my life. Nothing is ever going to top that experience, or even come close.

why do you know what cum tastes like faggot?

I wouldn't know what cum tastes like, but I think they taste halfway between an apricot and a carrot if they aren't ripe enough.

For me, it's the tangelo.

Persimmons are fucking delicious, i always try to make persimmon cookies every year but theyre starting to get too expensive

>pomegranates
Theyre good, but fuck they stain... I have a friend that, i shit you not, is terrified of them... Like for real... Why? No fucking idea, probably got molested as a kid by an uncle who crammed one up his dirt pipe

That's why I planted my own tree.

youtube.com/watch?v=OlI8r3nNUVw
Was this his mom?

I would plant one, or several, but I rent and probably wont live here too much longer

Can you make anything with persimmon?

is it guava?

Cookies, muffins, cakes, use them with certain meats...

One fruit i see everyone shitting themselves over is dragonfruit. Got to try one a couple years ago... Fucking tasted like an almost flavorless kiwi,i dont get the hype

pomegranates are beautiful but damn do i not like the texture of the seeds. i'd rather just buy the juice goddamn

Ever had them in a salad? I made a green apple, walnut, and pomegranate salad with chopped romaine hearts and a mustard vinaigrette and it was real good, having the crunchy walnuts kind of overshadows the weird texture

Not that user but theyre great in salads

this

that happens to me every day of my life

Persimmons look good I'll have to get one.

My list is
Pomegranites
Golden Kiwi's
Coconuts
Plantains
Golden Raisins
Star Fruit
Lingonberries
UFO Peaches
Orange Watermelon
Purple Potatoes/Tomatoes
Pluots (Plum/Apricot hybrid; they're delicious)
Champagne Grapes
Figs
Dates
Lychee
Jackfruit
Rambutan

This I love the chinese grocer near me.

They do, slightly

There is a magical thing called the "internet" that i hear has these instructions called "recipes"

Anyone looming for the best grapes ever grown find some midnight beauties. Pic related, theyre damn near as big as golf balls and orgasmic

*looking

Korean/Asian/Apple Pears.

Tastier than pears, jucier and more satisfying than most apples.

Also fuck you levels of expensive.

I had a yellow dragon fruit yesterday. Never saw one before this weekend- it basically looks like a normal dragon fruit on the outside but yellow instead of pink. The flesh is white and the seeds are a little bigger than a regular dragon fruit- they kind of pop in your mouth when you eat them.

And those of you who think regular dragon fruit is too bland would actually like this. It tastes like a combination of honeydew melon and cucumber with like a hint of green grape or something in there.

There are ones who are really soft and really stiff

I give you PERMISSION to eat a PERSIMMON....

haha have a great day EVERYONE....

Pretty shit nutritionally.

The juice is cooked so much no vitamin C remains.

The word you're looking for is "astringent" and yes, they can be very astringent. Cleaning the skin thoroughly helps.

Borneo dried some of these by hanging them up in her window a while back. Did anyone save that thread?