Be 22 living in college apartment

> Be 22 living in college apartment
> Like to cook because I know how and everyone else here just buys shitty cheap shit from the cafe or fast food so the kitchen is always empty
> Decide to make hamburger helper instead of my bomb ass steak or sushi or spaghetti or something
> haven't had that shit in literally 12 years
> haven't cooked reading directions on a box in years, because I'm that good.
> I know right.
> Box only says to put the spices into the mix with water and milk after mixing the first two parts
> doesn't say shit about putting the noddles in
> "Hmm, I guess I need to make the noodles in another pot like any other dish?"
> finish my shit
> kinda runny, not as creamy as I remember
> read direction online
> "Put spices in with noodles and water, then milk after done disolving
> mfw eating yellow soup and noodles.

so... you're too stupid to make hamburger helper?

> 77
> Jew

If you asked me to make a creamy cheese saus with meat over egg noodles I could have done it 10x better than normal HH tastes off the top of my head like I cook anything else, when you tell me to read instructions that suck I fuck shit up. Fuck instructions next time!

Post a pic of the instructions. I don't belive you

And yet, you're illiterate and unable to cook hamburger helper... hmmm...

So you claim to know how to cook, but you can't actually visualize the ingredients and the task each of them performs? Methinks you don't know how to cook. Forgetting something is acceptable, not knowing that something has to thicken up the liquid mixture is just plain ignorance. Shame!

Moreover, this isn't your personal blog. Take this shit somewhere else.

Nice convenient cropping you piece of shit

you sound like the guy no one likes but you aren't aware of it because they don't tell you they just avoid you

>saus
>looks at post numbers
>"jew"
>can't read
how did you get into a school at all?

That's some shit quality jpeg, retard.

There are a lot of different tasty things in the world.

It is entirely plausible that someone can be pretty good at making a variety of delicious things, and then fail at a relatively simple recipe that is unfamiliar.

Being a good cook doesn't necessarily mean you get it right the first time. It just means recognizing a failure and thinking about how to do things better next time.

This is why women are usually incredibly awful cooks. They are very likely to rationalize away a failure and seek validation where none is merited. That's just how their brain chemistry works.

Its the best thing I found in the literal less than a minute I spent. Did you expect me to drive down to the store and take my own picture?

>There are a lot of different tasty things in the world.
Some people enjoy eating shit because they appreciate subtle nuances in its flavor that you don't pick up.

>It is entirely plausible that someone can be pretty good at making a variety of delicious things, and then fail at a relatively simple recipe that is unfamiliar.
You need to differentiate following a recipe to the T to actually knowing how to make delicious food from scratch. It's like tracing vs drawing.

>Being a good cook doesn't necessarily mean you get it right the first time. It just means recognizing a failure and thinking about how to do things better next time.
Irrelevant. A good cook can transform fuck ups into good stuff.

>This is why women are usually incredibly awful cooks. They are very likely to rationalize away a failure and seek validation where none is merited. That's just how their brain chemistry works.
Fuck off to /r9k/

Either way, you tell me to add pasta, you're telling me to add shit I already cooked. When I cooked cheap maruchen ramen as a kid by putting the seasoning into the water as I put the noodles in, the noddles tasted like shit, so I've learned to cook saus/soup separately from noodles since then, this is the first time it didn't work honestly. Another factor is the fact that my saus wasn't as creamy as I felt it should have been, I simmered it for a while and it still remains very liquidy, next time I feel like I should use less water and possibly add flower to fix this, or just construct my own recipe for this kind of saus using cheese, milk, italian seasonings, and possibly cresco or something else to make it creamy.

No, but you could have chosen a better image. Yours is the first result on google images, mine was like the 5th

You typed all this up just to let us know the importance of following directions on pre-processed foodstuff? What is your point, original poster?

>saus

please, stop

>You need to differentiate following a recipe to the T to actually knowing how to make delicious food from scratch.

The only worthwhile portion of your post.
The tracing vs drawing analogy falls entirely flat. You can't learn to draw by tracing.

>You need to differentiate following a recipe to the T to actually knowing how to make delicious food from scratch. It's like tracing vs drawing.

If you weren't an entirely retarded lady, it would be obvious to you that I DID make that differentiation.

The way you learn to make delicious food from scratch and not just follow recipes is by making mistakes, and learning from those mistakes. You can't learn from a mistake if you don't attempt new things, and you can't learn from a mistake if you don't acknowledge your mistakes.

>A good cook can transform fuck ups into good stuff.

Sure.
Compost.

I'll defend him here somewhat, you can scrape anything into some kind of 7/10 salsa that guys eat on Doritos or some other random crunchy shit.

you could have reduced the sauce....just sayin

You're defending wifey
which makes you a white knight

posting a 4mb hamburger helper wallpaper is just as dumb

>The tracing vs drawing analogy falls entirely flat. You can't learn to draw by tracing.
I am sorry you are so retarded that you don't understand analogies. You can't learn to cook by just executing carefully crafted recipes and everything is premeasured for you. Someone already did the fucking up for you.

>If you weren't an entirely retarded lady, it would be obvious to you that I DID make that differentiation.
Nope. You never did.

>The way you learn to make delicious food from scratch and not just follow recipes is by making mistakes, and learning from those mistakes.
If you just discovered some ingredient, it would make sense, but nowadays it is extremely difficult to fuck up because all the theory is online. You don't need to ruin an entire dish by adding a shitload of something when you can gradually add things little by little.
It's sad that you learned by fucking up. If there's something most good teachers tell their students is to avoid making mistakes because the brain memorizes them, instead, they tell you to be extra careful and to break down tasks.

It's OK to fuck up once in a while, some ingredients are very sensitive to small changes. It's not OK to learn by fucking up.

>cresco
>saus
>noddles
>flower
i hope your school monitors your internet and expels you for posting all this

The way I fix things I don't reduce the liquids, I just add more meat or flavor, in this case I already knew I was using a bit more meat than instructed but in the end it wasn't enough. Another mistake I think I made when I realized was not draining enough of the grease from the meat when done cooking that part, my first bowl of this shit had a third inch pool of oil with saus tadpoles swimming around. The bowl I'm on now at least is a little closer to what I remember this shit tasting like 12 years ago since I poured he left over saus from the last one.

I go to a school where Japanese students had to ask me, the person who's only 25% Japanese how you make sushi.

Quit treating Veeky Forums like a 2004 BBS by quoting each other and going line for line. both of you should fuck off

>Quit treating Veeky Forums like a 2004 BBS by quoting each other and going line for line.
How are we suppose to have denigrating conversations? We are not going to address every point as new replies.

>both of you should fuck off
you fuck off, newfag

You're foreign? Then I guess I'll say it to you straight, because Veeky Forums kind of requires a native English-speaking sense of nuanced understanding.

You come off as an overpresumptuous twat who needs to be taken down a peg.

Then again, you were trying to cook hamburger helper, so you're probably American, and probably just an autist.

No.

Real sorry, hon.
Negative reinforcement (e.g. fuckups) are not retained by the brain as well as positive reinforcement.

You're an idiot. Anyone you've treated as a role-model or a teacher is an idiot too.

But again, you're a lady. You'll rationalize and seek validation where none is merited and find it. Almost nobody you meet will ever know the difference. Almost.

no u

Fuck off, Veeky Forums has always been like that.
Go back to r/Veeky Forums

>If you just discovered some ingredient, it would make sense, but nowadays it is extremely difficult to fuck up because all the theory is online.

>I am sorry you are so retarded that you don't understand analogies. You can't learn to cook by just executing carefully crafted recipes and everything is premeasured for you. Someone already did the fucking up for you.

Do you somehow not understand the contradiction of your own post?

And that's the extent of your argumentative prowess, a reduction to insults. You even assumed I was female when I am not. You go ahead and keep fucking up your way into cooking.

I'm Japanese Mexican, Puerto Rican, and White, but I grew up in 'Murica, just with a fuck ton of recipes and ways of cooking growing up. The reason I haven't had this shit in years is because my father absolutely hated it and always made some bombs food from any of the 4 descents (well Puerto Rican food to us was just lumped into Mexican, so I never knew the difference much), my brother usually did some bomb BBQ shit, my mom only had a Chicken Devon recipe that was bomb, but anything else was fast food. If it was my turn to cook I usually did something Japanese or Japanese/White if it wasn't just Macaroni or something because I didn't get to eat it much.

I did address the point where someone has already done the fucking up for you and someone has already measured things and established proportions. With the information available online, it's easy to establish ratios and make things look, taste, and feel right. There's no reason to learn cooking by fucking up nowadays.

>Learning by rote is the best and only valid way of learning!

If you don't understand why you merit only insults and derision, I really have no idea what to say to you at all. There's nothing going on over there but delusion.

>This is why women are usually incredibly awful cooks. They are very likely to rationalize away a failure and seek validation where none is merited. That's just how their brain chemistry works.
Coming from the guy who can't cook hamburger helper, lol. I'm pretty sure the sorostitutes next door can even cook better than you.

>With the information available online, it's easy to establish ratios and make things look, taste, and feel right.

This assumes that the people who posted that information are not idiots. Which they most certainly are.

You're good, I just having fun trying to find out if you'd concede to my retardation, but you seem experienced to hold an argument. There are too many variables in cooking that so often adjustments need to be made to compensate, that's one of the things we learn from fucking up. Although I did inject a truth in there, people should add ingredients gradually, especially aromatics/spices, those can ruin hours of work.

>I'm pretty sure the sorostitutes next door can even cook better than you.

I cook some pretty tasty stuff. If they care enough to cook tasty stuff, I am sure they do too.

As far as I am concerned, anyone willing to say, "This could be better next time!" Is probably a good cook, or going to be one.

>Everyone is an idiot except me, the guy who can't cook hamburger helper

>Making hamburger helper is my baseline for judging culinary skill

Mmm. Aromatics are a real challenge. If you fuck up the ratios early in a recipe there is no recovering, in my experience. You can potentially end up with something worth eating, but it's still a fuckup.

Not OP.
But I've never tried to cook hamburger helper so who knows. I could fuck it up.

Mother of quads. . .

Yes same numbers happen
It is spooky on the surface but has a very simple explanation

First post in the thread, can someone explain something to me?

I always thought Hamburger Helper was supposed to be some kind of ready-to-make thing so you could have the illusion of cooking your own burgers (same concept as the "Add an egg!" cake mixes).
But what's this about noodles?
Is HH just a brand that makes premade food in general?

Have you never tried searching for your answers on the internet by yourself instead of shitting up a thread with your retarded nonsense?

I had already done do by the time you replied, my post was more meant as a "lmao what a retarded name" jab

Lmao you're retarded

>I openly lied to make a thread about my autism
>I blatantly ignored directions to prepare garbage food because I'm above reading/knowing what I'm putting in my mouth

Go gargle some cocks instead you fucking faggot

>stir in one tomato, diced, for a veggie boost

Are americans really this retarded? Tomato is a fruit.

There is no botanical definition of vegetable, only culinary.

It kinda is, though.

Sorry about the diagnosis of retardation, user, I hope you recover.

> haven't cooked reading directions on a box in years, because I'm that good.
Nope, retard
How the fuck you're a good cook if you don't follow recipes or instructions for making stuffs
And posting your retardation in ck so you can brag about your 'bomb burgers sushi and shit' is even more pathetic.

Why would you heat the sauce to boiling with already cooked noodles in it? They would be fucking ruined.

The instructions also would have said to add cooked pasta to the sauce if they wanted you to add cooked pasta to the sauce.

I'm really disappointed that you're in higher education.

It's written on the back of a box of "food" ya dingus

What reaction did you expect from posting this you fucking retard?

>OP can't even turn HH into chocolate milk
underage grounded