Who are the most important thinkers of the last century? Where should one start with contemporary philosophy?

Who are the most important thinkers of the last century? Where should one start with contemporary philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sartre-Camus-Historic-Confrontation-Jean-Paul/dp/159102157X#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1497725591887
aeon.co/ideas/how-camus-and-sartre-split-up-over-the-question-of-how-to-be-free
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isaiah Berlin
Charles Taylor
Michel Foucault
Jacques Derrida

In that order

unironically Georges Bataille

The greeks
Not even memeing

Ludwig Wittgenstein,
Ludwig Josef Wittgenstein and
Ludwig Josef Johann Wittgenstein.

Everyone on this list except for Berlin is either irrelevant or a blistering fucking moron.

the orthodox answers are:

Frege
Husserl
Moore
Russell
Wittgenstein
Heidegger
Sartre
Quine
Foucault
Derrida
Deleuze
Kripke
Rawls
Lewis

>no camus

That's right, no camus.

Wittgenstein, Adorno, Heidegger and Arendt.

>Thinking camus is a philosopher
You should read the response that sartre gave to some text Camus published in response to one of Sartre's friends. Rekt so hard that Camus had to kill himself a couple days after that

Kill himself in a car accident, i mean

Adorno, Zizek, Jameson. the rest is early-neoliberal dreck

Post it and maybe you'll change my mind that Camus is the better version of Satre.

Max Weber

>This book contains the first English translation of the five texts constituting this famous philosophical quarrel. Personally animated, passionately argued, polemically focused, this confrontation was as much a personal encounter as it was a theoretical debate. Alternating between stylistic brilliance and stinging sarcasm, each draws upon their years of past involvement as former friends both to make their criticisms more pointed and their theoretical critique more challenging. At the same time, their views serve as lightning rods for the wider cultural forces of which they are partial expressions.

amazon.com/Sartre-Camus-Historic-Confrontation-Jean-Paul/dp/159102157X#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1497725591887

I have it in spanish but couldnt find it in english

These idiots are just regurgitating what their emasculated professors have put into their atrophied brains.

The greatest political mind of the century was Hitler, the greatest philosopher and jurist was Schmitt, the greatest esotericist was Evola, the greatest novelist Junger, and greatest magician Kenneth Grant.

>aeon.co/ideas/how-camus-and-sartre-split-up-over-the-question-of-how-to-be-free
If you want a shorter overview, lacking in detail but getting at the broad philosophical and moral differences of the fallout between Sartre and Camus, this summarizes it nicely. The video animation isn't bad either.

Hello /pol/, welcome to Veeky Forums. We have frequent serious discussions about philosophy and literature here and you will find many fans of characters like Evola, including myself. That being said, we aren't /pol/tards who scream singleminded opinions without understanding it. Go ahead and do some research on protectionism and Distributionism.

most important:
Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Karl Marx
Jean Piaget
Carl Jung
Varg Vikernes
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Karl Popper

least important:
Slavoj Žižek
Jacques Derrida
Adolf Hitler

Martin "The Marburg Madman" Heidegger

literally anyone who disagrees with me is ignorant

Remove the Anglos and the French and the list is correct.

Slavoj Zizek
Jordan Peterson
Joe Rogan

Start with Carnap end with Quine

The Philosophers who avoided the analytic/continental divide:

A.N. Whitehead, Ernst Cassirer,

Also:

Henri Bergson, Gilles Deleuze, Edmund Husserl

Overrated:

Foucault, Heidegger, Sartre, Russell

Derrida is for technicians and academics only, imo. Not fun to mess with.

When someone tries to promote the following people as "important thinkers":

>Derrida
>Adorno
>Marx

They are either jewish or a white person who's completely missing the plot. The people above were jews who actively subverted western culture and society, and they are only lauded because powerful jews in academia promote them to laugh in your face.

When a jew tries to tell you these people are important, strike them down. They are only important to jews who want to create class/racial agitation (Marx), invert your civilization's cultural values (Adorno), and turn your philosophical tradition into subjective and meaningless gobbledygook (Derrida).

The jew is a mentally ill subversive that belongs to a nomadic tribe of middle eastern semites, do not trust what they say or the figures they herald. Fight against their propagandist heroes and work to remove them from Western nations.

3/10

>Marx
>not important in every single humanities field even if you disagree with him

9/10 made me reply

No, Marx promoted a system wherein jews could take power by using the lower classes against the European aristocracy to usher themselves into power -- and this is exactly what happened. In a normal society, i.e., one not influenced by jews, he would be rightfully viewed as a terrible figure responsible for tens of millions of deaths, many of which came at the hands of his fellow jews, as in the Soviet Union where jews murdered upwards of 60 million people.

>They are either jewish or a white person who's completely missing the plot

So which one are you?

Equating importance with your opinion.

:^)

The mark of a Petersontard.

I've never listened to or read a word of Peterson.

So I'm taking it by omission that you're jewish?

If you're white, be smart, and realize that jews are not like you and are not interested in expanding knowledge or understanding the world better like Europeans are. They are very sick, inbred and tribalistic people who promote that which is against your interests because they hate you. The three aforementioned figures embody this jewish way of thinking. Do not listen to jews who will try to tell you otherwise.

Whether you care for his work or not, Derrida's notion of the Trace found in Of Grammatology was a breakthrough in modern thought that nearly every philosopher during and following utilized. You cannot argue the utility of the Trace without supporting self indulgent anti-intellectual forms of academic laziness.

No, it's not. Trace is a principle of jewish inversion, and deconstruction represents what the jew does with European philosophy when he is given undue credibility by other members of his tribe: he uses it to tear down your language and tell you that truth cannot be known and that everything is meaningless. This is the sickness I mentioned in my first post.

This is nothing new, though. The jews were kicked out of Egypt for practicing something called "normative inversion," meaning they invert normalcy of their host's culture as a way to break down its society and principles. There's nothing behind it, it's not important, it is a jewish evolutionary tactic they have been practicing for millennia. This is what whites must be aware of and fight against.

>It's another everyone hates Sartre episode

but derrida doesnt argue that, and you're illiterate

derrida sucks whenever i see him mentioned i just think "derridont" lmao

why does everyone hate sartre? i practically forget he exists sometimes browsing this board

Doesn't argue what? In the future, if you're going to call someone illiterate and expect to be taken seriously, I'd recommend first presenting an argument, and second using proper capitalization, punctuation, and grammar.

lol

Anyway, the real answer is: Frege. (Since he was forgotten for 40 years I'm going to count him as within the last century.)

This false-flagging Jew again.

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps life isn't a grand Jewish conspiracy and such a scapegoat is just your own "evolutionary tactic" to cope with your powerlessness?

sellars