Name an unluckier writer

Poe

Bruno Schulz

Primo Levi

varlam shalamov

me

Hitler

mental illness is more than just bad luck

>One room has twenty-nine Gauguins crammed on its walls. (I once again came to the realization - inasmuch as this term is applicable to my rapid sampling of this great collection - that Gauguin's paintings seem hostile to me, directing all the hate against me that a non-Jew can feel toward Jews.)

That obscure german philosopher who hung himself with a pile of unsold copies of his book.

Mainlander. He wasn't unlucky, tho. He went like a coherent champ.

What was he? 39? As a writer he was fortunate, rather. As a human being, not so lucky. Had he lived he wd have strayed further into literature. As a lover of his more literary writing knowledge of his fate was at first genuinely painful.

I think they were unsold purely because he had just got them from the printers.

The author of My Diary tbqh

Fante.

Probably a poor sod that wrote a masterpiece but someone else got the credit for it. My best guess is ancient Greece, presocratic philosophers or the true author of the Iliad and/or Odyssey.

Trotsky

Toole

>the true author of the Iliad and/or Odyssey.

This, no one was more unlucky than her

Eventually, descending into megalomania and believing himself to be a messiah of social democracy, on the night on April 1, 1876, Mainländer hanged himself in his residence in Offenbach, using a pile of copies of The Philosophy of Redemption (which had arrived the previous day from his publisher) as a platform. He was thirty-four years old.

Jesus

ha

Anne Frank
The kid who wrote Devil in the Flesh
He hang himself because he had no discernible talent

>no one said Henry Darger yet
his whole life was just a Dickens novel.
The man was autismo as fuck too.

No more badass way to go.

I figured it out!
...fuck.

That poor black woman that secretly wrote all plays atributed to Shakespeare.

is that paul f thompkins?

has anyone read the arcades project? how difficult is it?

John Kennedy TOole man

Just a few essays and the voluminous notes he took arranged under chapter headings. It's not even NEAR complete but his notes are both entertaining and informative. It was a great idea, and not to have it a serious loss.
It isn't in the least bit difficult. Youll learn alot about everything from architecture to Fourierism in mid-19th c. Paris.

Stephan Zweig

thanks. its a big book so it looked intimidating