Do you agree with the Lit category?

what would you put instead?

>Not the bible
Ask me how I know that the creator of this meme is an Atheist.

Kill yourself, don't come back and get off this board.

Kill yourself, don't come back and get off this board. [2]

Kill yourself, don't come back and get off this board. [3]

>Moon Landing
>Particle Physics, Satellites, Nuclear Fission, Internet, Electricity
These seem much more impactful in respective context, moon landing seems more of a pride sentiment than actually being important or practical.

It's bait, all of it.

Only legit one of those is 2001.

Rest is bait.

No, it isn't. 2001 is entry level.

Even other entry level films like Stalker are higher art than it.

kys fgt

Hiw are these Veeky Forums at all? The most revered work on lit through the times is probably ulysses.
The most revered art piece is definitely not mona lisa, it'dbe something like The Rape of Persephone according to Veeky Forums.
Deus Ex and Vtmb are more common favourites than sotc.
There's nothing inherently /tv/ about 2001, I've seen more buzz about clockwork orange just talking kubrick.
Obviously /mu/s greatest musician is An aeroplane Over The Sea.
Dunno about Veeky Forums but I'm sure you're wrong.
Why would you preface this with "4chans" when they're just incredibly milk toast normie opinions?

>Calling Stalker entry level
pseud alert

I've been on this site for five years now and nothing here ever changes.

The moon landing doesn't even make the top 10 achievements of science.

Stalker is a well-known film. It's entry level

It kinda is. In the sense neon genesis evangelion is entry level, it might not be the most approachable work but it is a very widely known cult hit, at least on 4chin

lost at video games

>Do you agree with the Lit category?
No!
Justine by Marquis de Sade, should definitely be Veeky Forums choice.
It broke new ground and keeps enticing people of different ages throughout different ages.
It's simply rad!

You're misunderstanding what the term "entry level" means. It isn't necessarily a negative connotation, though many user seem to mistake it for that.

Something like 'The Seventh Seal' by Bergman is "entry level", but that doesn't necessarily make it bad; only widely-known and often cited.

>video games among art and science
The only thing to make it worse would be a category for best anime.

Last great game I played was Tetris.
Been any development since?

But what's the message here? That a widely known work is somehow disqualified? Why mention these levels at all? If the choices are supposed to represent a consensus, then they'll have to be widely known and thus are entry level.

Besides, people who are film/music/lit buffs always seem to overestimate how well known things are.

I've literally never seen the Mona Lisa posted on Veeky Forums.

Tetris has not been topped but Quake 3 does come close.

>I've literally never seen the Mona Lisa posted on Veeky Forums.
This sentence confuses me.

First it got me wondering about the difference between:
* I've never seen the Mona Lisa posted on Veeky Forums.
* I've literally never seen the Mona Lisa posted on Veeky Forums.
* I've figuratively never seen the Mona Lisa posted on Veeky Forums.

Then maybe the original intention was something like
* I've never seen the literally Mona Lisa posted on Veeky Forums.
* I've never seen the Mona Lisa literally posted on Veeky Forums.

In the end I just gave up and realized I must lurk all the image threads to see what those guys do with Mona LIsa.

I don't think I've seen it either. Bouguereau seems to be the one I see most often in the art threads.

If you're going for the most iconic milestones, for those works that are democratically recognized as hits, that's a good list for sure.
I wonder how can anyone believe himself to be enthusastic enough about dunno, call it "culture" or "art", to make some list of the supposed best historic achievements in the field, in which only absolutely poppy and superfluous icons for what "culture" is to your average joe are mentioned.

Someone, not me, comes and says the words: "I am interested in the idiom in painting." You get the picture: the speaker is impassive, he remained motionless for the duration of his sentence, careful to refrain from any gesture. At the point where you were perhaps expecting it, near the head and around certain words, for example "in painting," he did not imitate the double horns of quotation marks, he did
not depict a form of writing with his fingers in the air. He merely comes and announces to you: "I am interested in the idiom in painting."
As he comes and has just come [vient de venir], the frame is missing, the edges of any context open out wide. You are not completely in the dark, but what does he mean exactly?
Does he mean that he is interested in the idiom "in painting," in the idiom itself, for its own sake, "in painting" (an expression that is in itself strongly idiomatic; but what is an
idiom?)?
That he is interested in the idiomatic expression itself, in the words "in painting"? Interested in words in painting or in the
words "in painting"? Or in the words " 'in painting' "?
That he is interested in the idiom in painting, i.e., in what pertains to the idiom, the idiomatic trait or style (that which is singular, proper, inimitable) in the domain of painting, or else another possible translation-in the singularity or the irreducible specificity of pictorial art, of that "language" which painting is supposed to be, etc.?
Which makes, if you count them well, at least four hypotheses; but each one divides again, is grafted and contaminated by all the others, and you would never be finished translating them.
Nor will I.

>Ode to Joy (not even the complete symphony)
>Mona Lisa
>trying at all to find the single greatest work of art of all time
This is how you know that a pseud made the image.

pleb

kubrick may have been a genius behind a camera, but his films are still boring. they lacked character and story

i agree with don quixote though

>moon landing
>even in the top 10 scientific achievements

>literature
i dunno wgaf
>film
moon landing
>art
the ecstasy of st teresa by bernini
>vg
I dunno wgaf
music
>toccata and fugue in d minor
science
>quantum physics

>Literature

Gravity's Rainbow

>Film

Akira

>Art

The Thinker

>Video Games

Mass Effect

>Music

Beethoven's 9th

>Science

idk

Lit
>Finnegans Wake
Film
>The Holy Mountain
Art
>fuck you, not the Mona Lisa, that's embarrassing desu
>my fave rn is pic related
Vidya
>Dark Souls 2, Scholar of the First Sin
Music
>Turangalila Symphony - Messiaen
Science
>who cares

>Dark Souls

oh fuck off

You haven't played it, so why do you think that?

>Pinecone and Ass Effect
Yikes.

Literature - The Great Gatsby

Film - No Country for Old Men

Art - Nighthawks

Video Game - Mother 3

Album - The Epic or DSOTM

Scientific Achievement - The World Wide Web

>pseuds picking the most generic classical music
This is hysterical.

this

t. Salty Eurocucks

the very act this has "video games" in it devalues the whole venture

>Holy Mountain

MAHMAN.gify

Literature: The Rainbow (DH Lawrence)

Film: The Master (PT Anderson)

Art: cave paintings at Lascaux (anonymous)

Vidya: N/A (I am fond of dating sims)

Music: the Pipes of Pan at Jojouka

Science: Cloning

>9651576
it didn't even happen irl. they filmed it in a studio in nevada

>Literature
The Great Gatsby. Scott's masterful prose and vivid characters remain untouched to this day.
>Film
Raiders of the Lost Ark, the ultimate adventure film.
>Art
Leutze's Washington crossing the Delaware.
>Video Game
Baldur's Gate II. This game easily has over 150 hours of exploration, combat, and lore. Complete masterpiece in all areas.
>Music
Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, preferably performed by the New York Philharmonic.
>Science
Walking on the motherfucking moon.

God damn am I proud to be an American.

This isn't "Veeky Forums's picks" this is Google's picks. Whoever made this needs to be shot.

The New Testament
American Graffiti
Homes for America
New Vegas
Besame Mucho
Printing press

Dark Souls 1, maybe, but 2? TWO!?

If it was the first one it would be an OK choice

I know this is bait but I'm triggered a bit anyway

so true

>Literature - The Great Gatsby
WTF???

>Moby Dick
>Yojimbo
>too subjective to bother discussing
>Super Metroid
>The Beatles - Revolver
>the wheel lol

I can see the neckbeard from here.

>Super Metroid

The true patrician game

>>The Beatles - Revolver

bahahahhaahahahah

meme rankings baka

>the wheel
>not the glorious fire

get the fuck out of here you disgusting pleb

>Paradife Lost
>Last Year at Marienbad
>Garden of Earthly Delights
>Ocarina of Time
>Polyphonischer Tango - Schnittke
>Christianity

Beethoven's ninth is so fucking overrated, he couldn't write a decent choral part to save his life.

Book: paradise lost
Movie: metropolis
Painting:Study after Velázquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X
Video Game: Beyond good and evil
Music: anything from Dvorak
Science: the Web

I always thought the 7th symphony was the best

The piano sonatas are his true masterpieces anyway.

>he couldn't write a decent choral part to save his life.
So that's why he's dead?

SotC is not the "greatest" videogame. It's just a stellar example of vidya as an interactive art form. I'd still argue that Ocarina of Time is the greatest videogame by its own merit.

I'd also love to hear the argument that the Mona Lisa is the greatest work of art.

literature
>Paradise Lost
film
>In Vanda's Room
art
>Garden of Earthly Delights

>>videogames
music
>The Carter III
science
>Gutenbergs Press

Barry Lyndon is better

>gutenberg's press
Why
The press didn't invent or spread the idea of written works, and without growing urbanization and humanitarian ideals there would have been no spread of prerequisite literacy to make use of printed materials.

>stellar example of vidya as interactive art form

It's literally just a minimalist adventure game. It's only special merit is that there's something about it that really brings out the pseud in people

Yeah there's a lot of pseuds who love it because MUH ANIMALS DINDU NUFFIN
But the actual merit of the game is in the tactile control scheme, and the framing of all the players' interactions with the Colossi, Agro, and the World, and it exists in every element of the game - the music, story, artstyle, etc.
It's a concept Team Ico were very fond of, and originally explored with less success in Ico and some devs would later touch on in Journey.

Had SotC been as large as originally planned it probably would eclipse OoT in my opinion.

It's not "minimalistic" though... it's just that it focus on the core "mechanics" of build-up and release in a very stripped down but at the same time epic way.

>didn't [...] spread the idea of written works

Nigga what are you smoking that's exactly what it did

Chicken and the egg

>tactile control scheme

The control scheme is clunky. The character often doesn't immediately respond to inputs because he's busy performing some "realistic" animation that the game things you wanted from a few moments ago.

>muh horse won't run into trees wow such merit

Also the idea that OoT is the greatest game of all time is pure nostalgia.

>Had SotC been as large as originally planned

How was it gonna be larger? Just more Colossi?

The IDEA of written works
Writing already existed everywhere that Gutenberg's press was employed.
It didn't invent or further any scientific goal, it just filled in a market demand.

Not saying the press wasn't historically important, just that it's not THE scientific breakthrough.

>it's not minimalistic it's just very stripped down

autism.

Planned 24 Colossi

Do you legit think that it didn't spread the idea of writing to more people, thus contributing to the exact things you said it was useless because?

>growing urbanization and humanitarian ideals

I mean cmon man, just because the "idea" of writing was already known to some people, it doesn't mean that its spread wasn't incredibly (if not more) important to the collective consciousness of the human race?

>misrepresenting the post

retardation.

>I mean cmon man, just because the "idea" of writing was already known to some people
>some people
Lmao
The press only took off because of growing literacy rates which were tied to existing urban growth and humanitarian educational ideas. People were already reading and writing in expanding numbers, largely thanks to monks copying religious and philosophical texts for hundreds of years.

The press did not roll out of a workshop and then BAM literacy

Do you think that it wasn't something that developed together? It's pretty obvious to me that the growing literacy influenced the print, which influenced the literacy, and so on.

>literacy influenced the press
Do you think knowing how to read = knowing how to build a machine?

Erm, if the machine is about printing things to read, then yeah, of course I think?

I think it influenced its creation, not that it directly helped in its creationg (although I'd argue that there's a huge chance it objectively did)

>2001
>Video games
>Beethoven

If you think 2001 is anything but trash either stop listening to people online or kill yourself

>2001
>trash

it might not be the be-all, end-all of cinema like some people claim, but calling it trash just makes you look like a contrarian autist

Because people have cemented the "oh it's a masterpiece" when it's really just a meme.
Solaris for the /tv/ crowd.

>Mona Lisa

They're almost exactly identical you autistic bastard, and not entry level, fuck you triggered me.

2001 is definately entry level. It gets parodied in the Simpsons for Christ sake

Doesn't mean it's tucking entry level, what the fuck does that even mean?
I have yet to see a film than can top solaris or stalker, or any film by tarkovsky.

"entry level" literally what? If tarkovsky is entry level what's better?
Not to mention film is subjective.

Not him
Tarkovski is not entry level at all
But 2001 is on the same level as Kill Bill or Trainspotting

Metroid was never good.

Reminder he invented jazz not niggers

Lit - Odyssey

Film - Seven Samurai

Art - Vitruvian Man

Video Game - Earthbound

Music - Air on G String

Science - Quantum physics