Alright, Derrida thread, let's keep it civil

Alright, Derrida thread, let's keep it civil.

I'm reading The Gift of Death and it's interesting how the "second" Derrida approaches the practical consequences of his radical theory, even going as far of retroactively defanging his thought. In fact while the book can be summarize as deconstructed history of responsibility, responsibility per-se remains a sort of quasi-transcendental. In fact it becomes the condition of possibilty of a "goodness". This more and more leads me to believe that the Derrida, at least during that period can be described as eccentric kantian, trying to juggle the perils of his thoughts and the challenges of politics and ethics (to which he was completely disinterested in his early work)

Also I'm interested in the opinion of Christians about his critic of the christian notion of responsibility, always undermined by the sacrificial mysterium and an "economy of promise" (ie Heaven) that undercats any responsibilty toowards the other in favor of the promise of gaining.

give me three reasons why i should read left wing heidegger

>This more and more leads me to believe that the Derrida, at least during that period can be described as eccentric kantian

Derrida should never, *ever* be described as a Kantian in any sense of the word or with any modifier or adjective. Read the death penalty lectures. I know the very topic of 'responsibility' seems to link the gift of death and the first two critiques but the two could not be more separate. read the death penalty lectures if you are more interested in this, or politics of friendship. i don't have the time to break it down for you here but the very notion of responsibility for derrida is in the absence of moral rule; for derrida, rule and responsibility are contradictory.

1. because he himself is a heideggerian
2. animals
3. destory the metaphysics of presence

To shake you beliefs? I don't know why anyone ever reads something, In the end the decision is always yours no amount of knowledge you gain on the question can help you.

The instant of decision is madness.

To stop being phallogocentric.

>the very notion of responsibility for derrida is in the absence of moral rule; for derrida, rule and responsibility are contradictory.

I totally agree with this, the "content" (for the lack of a better word) of responsibilty can't be a sted golden rule like "be responsible to the other". Even if accepted it wouldn't escape the deconstructive "danger".

Yet, the call for responsibilty that emerged through history, doesn't in fact work, unsure and always shaking, as a trascendental against which every act is measured?

Anyway Politics of Friendship is on the list. I'll add the death penalt lectures

you should read the death penalty lectures first actually, and buy them in hardcover because they are great pressings and definitely his clearest work outside of the animal therefore that i am

The guy just wanted to fuck everything up
He made a gigantic damage to the academia and it seems like it will never recover
I'm not calling him a pseud or whatever, but he is responsable of all those people who think gender can be an argument and all the related bs

Great shitpost, thanks professor

(((Derrida)))

Tell me what good has his work done

Deconstruction isn't destruction. Blame dumb plebs

Fuck off

It is impossible to even talk about anything without "opressing" someone thanks to deconstruction
It makes communication impossible, those plebs aren't even "wrong"
I don't think of post structuralism as some kind of buggy man, but all the phallogocentric/ethnocentric wank was completly unnecessary. I can't but see a resentful human being in Derrida. He was brilliant but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
I know I will be told to kill myself, I just wanted to share my opinion. I will keep thinking about this guy and his thought. I hope my current impressions of him turn out to be wrong. I still will not kill myself in the case that my opinion is retarded

His work gave you the excuse to shitpost about someone you obviously didn't read
Stop posting

If it wasn't Derrida it would have been someone else. 'Oppression' is just a feature of language.

"Ethnocentrism" wasn't a concept invented by Derrida, it's common in anthropology. Misuses of concepts by people claiming one's legacy without reading the books are also a common thing. It's not "the author's fault", deal with it.
You don't forge an "opinion" by repeating what you read on Veeky Forums, actually try to read him yourself to begin with.

These people understand Derrida better than anyone promoting him. And this:
Highlights the false understanding of Derrida only jews and true believing shabbos goyim will bring up.

Deconstruction is *precisely* destruction. That's all it is and all it was ever intended to be, but you going to understand this unless you understand how the jew thinks and works.

By virtue of using two different words they are two unrelated concepts. Stop posting this stupid Jew shit every day faggot.

Henlo Mistur Jordan B. Peterson

They are not unrelated concepts whatsoever, and you know it. I understand why (((you))) would like people to stop exposing jews, but I'm afraid that's not going to happen anytime soon.

He's resentful because he rejected his Jewish upbringing. "If I can't have this no one else can" apparently does not escape great thinkers. He never shitposted as hard against the Jews though because blood is thicker than culture.

Deconstruction is more than that. But that's besides the point, because it's an ideological weapon. And he had to prove his allegiance to blood given his rejection of culture by doubling down and pointing it at everything aside from himself and his tribe.

You walk into a room and it has a nice table, a set of chairs, and a vase. Now Derrida comes in and puts the vase sideways and the chairs upside down such that we can't use the table as a meeting place anymore. "I didn't destroy it," he says. "I just deconstructed it you see". Sure you did.

Deconstruction is just the acknowledgment of the historical construction of certain concepts to which we refer in speech. There's nothing destructive about it unless you think demystifying the processes of language is dangerous, in which case I'd wonder what you have to lose by giving your ideas any clarity.

How does this differ from genealogy?

It is the destruction of speech, language, and western philosophy and it was intended to be. Stop repeating jewish narratives you don't understand in full. The jew cannot create, it can only destroy; but it will no doubt try to tell you that its destruction is a creation.

Genealogy takes historicism in context for the origin of the semoitic unit.
Deconstruction tries to first decontextualize (make the term independent of other variables that give it meaning) and then understand it.

CORRECT, IT IS DESTRUCTION, AND YOU THINK THAT YOUR WEAK EUROPEAN MIND CAN POSE ANY THREAT TO YOUR JEWISH MASTERS? YOUR ENTIRE RACE WILL BE LED TO ITS OWN DEMISE ONCE AND FOR ALL. IT IS GENETICALLY PREORDAINED AS A SIMPLE TRICK WITH LANGUAGE WILL SHOW HOW THE DEGENERATE MIND OF THE EUROPEAN WILL SHORT-CIRCUIT. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

This desu. Survival of the fittest isn't it.

Some may think I'm being hyperbolic when I point out the mental sickness of the jew, but it's really a pinpointed observation of reality. These are deranged people who suffer from a wide variety of genetic diseases, along with things like schizophrenia, due to inbreeding, similar to their semitic arab cousins.

MENTAL SICKNESS? YOU FOOL -- IT IS THE GOYIM WHO ARE MENTALLY ILL, WHO ALLOW THEMSELVES BY THEIR ANIMALISTIC NATURE TO BE LED BY THE SUPERIOR MIND OF THE JEW, THE MASTERS BY GOD-GIVEN RIGHT. AND AS SUCH THE EUROPEAN RACE WILL PERISH, JUST AS THE JEW HAS ALLOWED THE EUROPEAN TO PROSPER, SO TOO WILL THE JEW PUT THE EUROPEAN RACE TO ITS FINAL REST.

It's literally the conceptual version of the rootless wanderer. Why is this any better than the genealogical method that already contains within its root notions of familial descent?

>better

I encourage people to google jewish genetic diseases. It's a trip. These are very sick people.

I didn't say that deconstruction didn't employ historicism at any stage of the process. I said it employs decontextualising first in order to understand the semiotic unit. That's the difference between deconstruction and Genealogy.

Deconstruction requires you to understand the proponents of the whole (the thing under inspection) and the relationship of the proponents , and then further carry out a reconstruction and understand the genealogy of the thing you're studying .. Its not exclusive of each other.

No, deconstruction is when you acknowledge the fact that everytime you make an argument based in the difference between to concepts (words) the argument is weak since every difference between two words is random, since words not really have anything to do with reallity, they get their meaning when you difference them between a whole sea of words/ideas. When this is applied to a less abstract field is when you get what you are saying

Read more Derrida than just "Of Grammatology"

There's a Jewish belief that reality itself is a text and can be manipulated through textual knowledge. Really makes you think about Derrida's "nothing outside the text" thing. It explains how brazen they are about twisting the words of their text like it's some legal document, almost as if God doesn't give a fuck about being cheated because there's no spirit of the law at all.

Fortunately for non-semites, we sense that there is something wrong with that, even if it can't be explained in language. If there is something outside of language, there is still hope.

It's both.

Yes they are unrelated, thats the whole point Derrida made. I'm the user who was talking about how Derrida seems resentful and bla bla bla. Stop with your pol nonsense. You make trying to critic his work impossible
I never said he invented it, but he remarks it all the time. He wanted his work to be associated with all the bs in the humanities we are seeing now

Don't worry jewboy you're hated by both whites and non-whites, youre going to pay for your actions very soon

This guy gets it. Philosophy is a reflection of the people. European philosophy has noble characteristics and seeks the advancement of nature and consciousness. Jewish philosophy like that of Derrida is a reflection of the jewish people and their destructive nature. Again, we're talking about sick people here who cannot build, and can only destroy what others have built. Fin.

And I didn't say that jews aren't related by blood. But they're "decontextualized" within the whole of their immediate society. Deconstruction is a very Jewish way of thinking. It's different from the rootedness that is a facet of almost every other people, culminating in the Heideggerian being-in-the-world that is a rejection of almost all previous Western philosophy that has been tainted by Christian eschatology.

>I never said he invented it, but he remarks it all the time. He wanted his work to be associated with all the bs in the humanities we are seeing now
Yeah sure he wanted whatever makes you feel better in your "opinion". Also, get a clue about where does your opinion come from.
It would be a good idea to read him before speaking. I get you want to speak and all, that's fine, but you really should read first.

"deconstruction" is just a joke on derrida btfoing "structuralism", will all you white power homos calm the fuck down, go wack off to a cartoon or something

>when you are so butthurt that your lovely communist failed hard in the Soviet Union and the Eastern bloc, but you don't want to admit that because doing that would hurt the intellectual prestige of your caste, so you crash philosophy with no survivors

There are people who genuinely believe that denying reality exists is more acceptable that saying communism is bad.

>alright, Derrida thread

>lets talk about the jews

what the fuck, Veeky Forums.
if you do this then just fuck off already.

I didn't know Nietzsche and Heidegger were Jewish.

Care to add something instead of just saying "go read X"
Otherwise discussion doesnt work

Yeah this is classic

How much of Derrida have you actually read ?

They are not unrelated, and that you keep repeating the false notion that they are is proof that you don't understand how jews operate. You've been sold the philosophical equivalent of shit in a sandwich. You're holding it up to me and saying "no, it's not shit, the guy said it was ham!" When in reality you just got sold a shit sandwich and don't want to, or can't, acknowledge that that's actually what it is.

Deconstruction is the shit sandwich of philosophy, and Derrida is a jewish shit sandwich salesman pretending to be a philosopher.

This isn't true at all. You're just some white nationalist trying to levy power from the Jews. You don't care about 'noble' philosophy or 'advancing' nature and consciousness; you just want to subject others to your will, like every other person who had big ideas about philosophy. The ideas themselves don't matter.

They were reconstructing thought in the European vein, which meant they had to go against two millennia of Judeo-Christian heritage. Well, Nietzsche never gave much solutions beyond pointing out the problem, but maybe that's why he went mad.

Derrida and just about every other post-modernist thinker in addition to Derrida, such as Michel Foucault, Paul Feyerabend ect. fucked academia with their pseudo-philosophical, superficial, intellectually appealing ideas that have little basis in reality and mostly are grounded in metaphysics and semantics, these people were fucking evil, they've spawned an era of pathological cry babies with no gratitude for the world around them and what the western world has given them, despite them generally having lucked out and won the lottery in terms of places and cultures to be born into. They've spawned a generation of resentful cookie cutter millennials who are all crabs in a bucket at this point because they dont know how to think and live honestly and want to tear everything around them down.

They aren't. Jews stretch the ideas of others into realms that benefit their interests. No one is claiming they come up with these ideas on their own, but that they take the worst parts of certain things and pervert them to extremes. This is how jews work and undermine their host society.

He literally says they're unrelated, verbatim: "deconstruction is not destruction," and he explains why. He's on film saying it.

I should add that I actually just came here to say all of this, because I just wanted everyone on Veeky Forums to know exactly how much i hate these scum fucks.

You're crying a lot

>admitting that Jews have power
Well you're not wrong. Anything else you want to add?

The whole "everything is text thing" reminds me of VALIS. When horselover starts getting info on his head about how all the universe is just information, that everything we sense, the way matter acts, is information that we forgot how to read, because it is a language that references itself and not something outside of it

Well, Actually reading the author instead of having second hand narratives and regurgitated shit-stain opinions of people who you haven't read much of doesn't help the discussion either.

anyway, there's user above who suggested Death Penalty Lectures , Politics of Friendship .The animal therefore that I am, I'd go with those if I was you.

That's what you're doing though, except the difference is that Derrida has done more in the service of the Western humanist spirit than you.

I'm not wrong about anything in that post.

>Derrida and just about every other post-modernist thinker in addition to Derrida, such as Michel Foucault, Paul Feyerabend ect. fucked academia with their pseudo-philosophical

omg can we get these fucking brainlet homos the fuck out of here? i'd rather read some longwinded Ricoeur dicksuck thread than shit youtube comments tier shit by uneducated goofballs from trumptowns in the flyover, or maybe i should just stop going to Veeky Forums expecting to find people who aren't stunted tards

Keep trying to psychologically deconstruct me and tell me more about myself, jew. You're a one-trick pony that falls into itself when your bullshit sandwich is exposed for what it is.

I wish he was wrong but the guy is right. Kys

No it's true. You read Carl Schmitt, after all.

Keep your opinions to yourself next time

Derrida is a corrosive figure that has had a corrosive influence on the "western spirit." Are you jewish or a shabbos?

Henlo Again Mister Doctor Jordan B. Peterson

I'm the guy talking about sandwiches btw

Yes it's boring as hell, though the discussion had a good start with actual recommendations for once

Just read Heidegger if you want your philosophical "fix". Nothing productive can come out of Derrida unless you want to peer into the madness of his crypto-kabbalistic verbiage.

"Everything is in the text" results in some heavy inbreeding, whether intellectually or otherwise. On the upside, you do get higher literacy rates and IQ. But those genetic disorders...

Capital is the corrosive influence, friend. I'm a neurotypical white. Are you Jewish?

What good has come from post-modernist philosophy except the degeneration and division of western civilization with no feasible alternative in mind. All it's done has pushed people away from each other and ever radicalized groups, on the left and the right.

Derrida has contributed to what can only be referred to as mass identity confusion. Post modernism stripped away the core of western identity, culminating in a generation of millennials who along with very little prospects as far as jobs and future, also do not have a defined place in society, millennials are carrying around the weight of existential dread and resentment places on their shoulders by post-modernist thinkers.

Who the fuck is jordan peterson

ITT
Everything I don't understand or have a hard time comprehending is a Jewish construct.

America was transitioning into 'postmodernism' before Derrida reached its shores.

Someone who doesn't get post-modernism either lel.

No I'm not. "Capital" is an abstract idea that doesn't in itself cause the kinds of problems we're dealing with; people cause those problems, and the people causing them are jews. Keep your abstract thinking in check, whites are prone to do what you just did.

"I understand how something is a Jewish construct" is distinct from "I don't understand something therefore this is a Jewish construct". There's a serious dearth on understanding things in specifically Jewish constructs, unless you want to wade through the trash peddled to the goyim. It's a shame because there's legitimately interesting things in the Kabbalah, although it's highly esoteric for outsiders.

It's like you're accusing him of not even inventing it.

Do you think I'm the guy talking about sandwiches?
Anyways, do you have anything to say about those "regurgitated" narratives/opinions?
Even tho you sound like an asshole, thanks for remarking those posts in the middle of this shitstorm

That's not authors' fault if they are misread. Nor is it when whoever comes and put their faces on a flag after reading a wikipedia page.
But it's your problem if you don't read them while pretending to talk about them, and it's your problem if you take offence from people doing the exact same thing that you do.

Yes I'm being lazy and using 'capital' as a shorthand for explaining the economic system that people of all races help run, but that doesn't invalidate my point. Also you didn't answer my question so I will assume you are Jewish. So why are you saying all this stuff then?

You are really retarded. Stop watching Jordan Peterson. If anyone is to blame is Hitler for triggering ww2, thats the real nihilism bomb which fucked western values for ever
Or the neolibs who base their economic jewry in some of these thinkers

I did answer your question, I said "No I'm not," as in not jewish.

Post a picture of yourself and we'll see.

Thats true, I wont argue against that. Derrida was inevitable. I don't think that absolves Derrida of the role he played in post-modernism though, he was a major contributor to the intellectual stunting of western academia.

If post modernism had actually given the west anything positive i would be hard pressed to criticize it as harshly as i do, but I cannot see even one positive thing that has come from post-modernism. I think you'd face a very difficult task if you were to try and find anything good about it, that makes up for the identity crisis the west has now, and the disenfranchisement and alienation felt by many younger people within western society, largely as a result of post-modernist philosophical thinking.

Sandwiches are dope. No further comments about them.
Yes. Those regurgitated opinions and narratives are usually not helpful in the discussion as they're based on half-assed readings of the author, or at worst a wiki page or facebook post or shitposting threads on right winger groups which usually go in a spiral thread of circle jerking.

The journey is yours alone to make and should be unfiltered dialogue between you and the author himself not secondary narratives of him, and then reading more on him to get a firm grasp over it. You alone are responsible for understanding the concepts put forward by the author and it has to be unadulterated by anyone other than the author himself.

Stop repeating what you read on this board (or the other one), that's very lazy of you

No thanks. I'm one of the main people itt exposing jewish behavior and the jewish philosophical machinations of the jew Derrida. If I was jewish, I'd be doing the opposite.

Now, anything of substance to add?

Look up Metamodernism.

off by one

OP here. I had hopes this thread would actually be somewhat fruitful but it predictably devolved in shitposting.

Fuck me.

Well, you haven't added anything substantive either other than " Da JOOZ" but it was fun so most of us didn't say anything

And I'll add that I'm also the one who made the deconstruction as the shit sandwich of philosophy metaphor, since there appears to be some confusion.

Thread is shit, blame the jews

As for the likely non-jewish white people itt, it seems you are the odd one out. Try educating yourself on the jewish problem and you will understand these things better.

What did you expect. You just invited JIDF and /pol/ into the same place.

The solution is to only discuss non-Jewish authors from now on.