Hey Veeky Forums what did you order at the restaurant?

Hey Veeky Forums what did you order at the restaurant?

Tell us

Looks like octopus garnished with cherry tomatoes and a puree pesto?

Got Hunan Fish last night. Was good, although I still don't think pea pods add anything good to a dish.

Flat beans are pretty flavorless and extremely fibrous, outright stringy if you don't remove that part along the interior curve. Either finely julienne them and eat for colour, nutrition, and roughage; or just pick a better vegetable.

>or just pick a better vegetable.
My preferred strategy. Broccoli serves a similar purpose, but has better taste and texture.

Well, I don't take pics in restaurants because I'm not a degenerate. But, when we went out last night, I had truffled mushroom crostini with goat cheese and dressed arugula, and an amazing plate of steelhead trout with pearl couscous, greens, mango, and a coconut cream sauce. My companion had an awesome bone in pork chop with yam mash, greens, demi glace, and something else, I can't remember. The chef brought us a tasting of their bavette special, which was glorious. We had creme brulee for dessert. Plus wine, and coffee and tea service.
A fine evening, with delicious food and exceptional service.

Yes, yes and not pesto but chickpeas (pesto drops are on the octpus)

Those mixed vegetables look horrible.

>Well, I don't take pics in restaurants because I'm not a degenerate

I understand what you say BUT when I got served a really good loking dish I want to take a picture to remember how good looking it was, since the cook made effort in "building" the food.

I know it may sound stupid but I'm ok with that, also blame the stupid thots who takes billion of photos (blurry and always shaken) to a fucking dish of pasta...they're cancer.

But they tasted good, most importantly.

R8

I agree to a certain extent. I'll take a pic of a great meal at home, OR if I'm in a secluded area of the restaurant where people won't notice, but I refuse to be included with those obnoxious fucks who whip their phone out to document every fucking thing they eat.

That sausage looks anemic.

But user, sometimes it's ok to be a normie in a normies world.

That looks like puke.

Shit was cash

LOL, is that some places version of a seafood mixed grill? Fucking hell.....

Boring and uninteresting as fuck. Stop overcooking your shrimp.

Is there literally something you don't spit on?

That looks better. The mussels don't look like they were overcooked, so that's good. I'd eat that happily, although I wouldn't bother taking a pic.

Uneven sear. And, without a pic of the interior we don't know if it's cooked right.

How am I supposed to correctly cook the shrimp?

I wait until the pasta is ready and in the same pan with the sauce, then I throw them in and let them go 1 minute, then transfer everything to the plate.

>my companion

Shrimp that small, that have already been peeled and deveined, need nearly no time to cook. You say you only let them go one minute, but your pic shows a different story. Shrimp are kind of like eggs, the residual heat will continue to cook them, shrimp overcook very easily.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.........

They're not small, they're big shrimp tails cut in 2/3 parts. I cleaned and deveined them.

That being said, what do you suggest then? Place them directly in the dish among with the pasta + sauce and let the heat in the dish cook them?

Is it ok to clean them? should I leave them whole?

Sure, go ahead and clean them, but I'd leave them whole instead of cutting them up. If you leave them whole, then a minute or so in pan would be about right, if they're large shrimp.

Ok thank you, will try next time.

Well sure, you're very welcome. And may your future culinary endeavors be delicious!

shrimp and crawfish etoufee, it was breddy gudd

Mushroom stroganoff at a brazilian place.
Surprised by the fuckload of mustard used, but it was damn tasty.