American school lunches

>American school lunches
How do people eat this slop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jf8QAQoTg3M
youtu.be/DEStdShMRKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Square pizzas are so comfy. Sometimes during the summer I'll ask my nephews to pick me up some since their school keeps the cafeteria open for the poor kids during summer time

Can I just buy the same brand schools buy?

We usually don't. We bring our lunches from home

OH fuck it's pizza day? I'm brining a buck extra for more slices.

>comfy
Every fucking time. You never have a word to say about the taste of the food, just some glib crap about how it's "comfy" or "nostalgic", or any other thing that has nothing to do with the food itself.

This has not been the case for about 15 years where I am from. They started up some new programs during my sophomore year that drastically improved the quality of food.

It's now closer to a decent restaurant than it is to a traditional school cafeteria.

kys pedo bitch

Pretty much this. If you can afford it, some schools carried local sandwiches back in the day, sometimes pizzas. And Bosco sticks, horrifying oil-filled breadsticks...

>being this rectally ravaged

I stopped in high school.

It was the best in elementary school, and only got worse the further up you went.

fuck you Bosco sticks are awesome
and its filled with cheese not "oil"

>he went to public school
I had no idea how many poor basketball american's are on Veeky Forums

At least America has food to give to children. Unlike sad ass permafrosted grool swilling Russia.

Look at all the posts defending it. Shit taste doesn't begin to describe it.

>Uncle was a principal in the 60's
>Asked lunch lady for peanut butter cookie recipe, they WERE damn good
>Next day she gives it to him
>First ingredient: 5 gallons peanut butter
>Thanks lunch lady

We used to bite off the end and pour the damned oil out of those things. They taste good, but after baking the fat separates out. Unless they've changed the recipe in the last 15 years they are damned oily.

They're still fairly oily, user. Shit tastes like a fucking deep fried cyst, too.

Our school is crazy. You get two of them for $2. Sheeeit they're making a killing on them.

Whoah there Jimmy hold your horses there

Because many schools have contracts with companies like sodexo and punish kids for bringing their own food, so it is the only thing they have to eat.

>punish kids for bringing their own food
What, how so? I never heard about this but then I went to a private school so the cafeteria may have been less of a war zone.

what are you talking about

An old friend had his daughter suspended for 3 days because she brought her lunch a second time. The first "warning" was confiscating her lunch, under the excuse of "protecting children" from allergens.

The school sold peanut butter sandwiches as alternate lunch.

The best part is hosting a banquet for a company that provides meals to prisons and schools...

Our school system is so corrupt and underfunded that many have arrangements with cheap-ass purveyors.

who's we? Probably 85% of the kids I went to school with ate the school lunch. The ones who brought their own were usually fucking dorks

I bring my lunch, that shit looks sad as fuck

Doesn't look as sad as pic related, though. Be grateful that you weren't forced to eat nutritionally balanced slop.

Are you kidding me? That looks so much better than the crap in the OP.

>based Galliker's

this

Grass is always greener lol. I heard in East Asia people go to KFC for Christmas and New Year celebrations.

>When its grilled cheese day
yeeeeaaahhh boiii

The apple is the only edible thing in that picture.

youtube.com/watch?v=jf8QAQoTg3M

KFC on Christmas is a Japanese thing. Back when Christmas was starting to become commonly celebrated in Japan KFC ran a series of ads trying to promote their product as an alternative to buying whole roast chickens and it stuck really hard.

I thought the milk was a pack of cigarettes in the thumbnail lmao

>trying to be a food snob in a thread about grade school lunch
Take a break from Veeky Forums, figure out your priorities, and then come back.

>trying to be a food snob in a snobby thread about grade school lunch
ftfy

>Hunt's

>trying to defend feeding kids garbage

>straight up rotting fish
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"comfy" is like a secret handshake - it let's other gay people know you're a homosexual too.

it's public school. It's better than what he is getting at home.

>Dad was a principal
>Couldn't figure out fractions
American Educators.

My mom always made me lunch.Thanks mom

vodka and cigarettes don't count as a balanced meal?

baking recipes can't be reduced accurately in such a way. they are written for an intended quantity and often will not come out right if modified

>Making peanut biscuits is an art form
Don't talk shit because your dad was a fucking mong.

>family migrates to America
>I start American education at 7th grade
>never had pizza before in my life
>I learned to eat pizza with American cafeteria pizza
I miss it sometimes. I had authentic Italian ones, too. I like them both.

>become stupider over the years

More like rectangally ravaged amirite?

>apple
>milk
>peas & carrots
>grilled cheese sandwich
What are you supposed to put the ketchup on?

>red "delicious"
>edible

>get shot

>The school sold peanut butter sandwiches as alternate lunch.
>in the age of peanut allergy litigation

You're lying.

The grilled cheese sandwich..

God you flyover subhumans make me sick.

bong ones are exactly the same
i liked the shitty pizza tho

>mfw old high school got rid of spicy chicken sandwiches after i left
i feel bad for the new kids, that shit was 10/10
literally ate them every day that i bought lunch there

Compared to mcdonalds this stuff is nutritious

Its made on campus with horribad government "cheese" product
Just think cancer when you notice orange cheese

I bet you haven't even seen a school pantry. It's mostly brand name stuff. Huge fucking cans and packages.

>school pantry.
Top kick chevy
Kodiac gmc wright
Tell me more about the general school system in america plox

I want to make Kumiko my wife

I thought they stopped making these kinds of school lunches when Michelle "The big sausage" Obama got involved?

youtu.be/DEStdShMRKs

No seriously. There is a massive room filled with all the cooking supplies that don't need refrigeration, and then a massive fridge room for the stuff that does. I used to help out in both elementary and high school. It is all good stuff too.

that stupid nigger tranny gorilla didn't do shit

Sounds like she made you mad

Obama for prez 2020
My vote is sealed

This was a while ago, before "rescuing" all children from one kid's potential allergy caught on big.

Yes, get in contact with a food supplier

All she did was make my school use crappy wheat pizza dough instead of the tasty as fuck one they were using before

She got rid of the deliciously soft freshly made chocolate chip cookies and the snapple machine from my high school. Anything else that changed was completely inconsequential because I either didn't eat it before or didn't eat what was introduced.

I know this feel too well.

>tasty as fuck one
Pleb world view
Into the trash it goes

Explain

Nobody bought the pizza after the change

I'm sorry we're already engaged

All I would get was peanut butter and crackers when mom forgot to fill my lunch card.
Or chicken with yellow rice.

because they are uncultured swines, didn't you know? when i went to school in the US the only thing you could chose from, was sandwiches that were 50% mayo, dry but somehow still greasy burgers, pizza that i could squeeze for 10 minutes and still have enough grease left to make an entire 5 course meal and cookies. then you could chose between chocolate, regular or strawberry milk, or some soda/pop from a vending machine.

half the school was fat. i was in 8th grade and the nignog bitch sitting behind me in class almost had one of her ass cheeks touch the floor. un-fucking-believable

that was literally the last time i have put a foot on american soil. pure disgust of the trash that is literally everywhere in the country made me never want to come back.

i don't understand what you are trying to tell me by posting this.

You must be too intellectual to understand the deeper meaning of his post.

That's fine except seafood is too much of a gamble to be used in something like cafeteria food or school lunches. Goes bad way too easily.

the only thing that i immediately associate with the picture of a fedora wearing neckbeard/goatee are mlp faggots, who need to be publicly executed for their degeneracy.

and i neither watch mlp nor do i have a goatee

I still laugh when people get buttblasted about someone actually trying to fix childhood obesity.
>muh tendies

t. Holden Caulfield

didn't know of the character but seems like an interesting read, thanks m8

Hi Lee.

jamie oliver tried that in the UK and failed so hard. kids are generally very picky eaters, and when it comes to experiencing new things they are way to stubborn. fastfood also is an established thing through every social class, it plays right into the hands of the people who manage the budget.

no chance, not at least in the english speaking countries

who's lee?

Have to break the circle sometime. Increasing obesity rates will wreck havoc on the economy due to loss of productivity and increasing health care costs. If you keep serving kids crap, they'll never adjust and switch to a more healthy diet. What children like should be way down the list of potential barriers.

just let them continue, humans need to die anyway. we are such an abomination and people actively trying to do good are held back, ignored, denounced, etc.

just let them die, yet another species added to the 90% that have ever existed and went extinct, no loss

well arnt we mister sunshine

t. Karl Hungus

Hmmmm yummy. Make sure everything touches the healthy plastic!

cherish that free lunch while it lasts

i'm sorry, i forgot that reality isn't acceptable conversation material in america.

what have we done in the past 20 years or to improve as a species? nothing, all we do is consume, mindlessly bend to lies of our governments and media and spread the american lifestyle of arrogance, ignorance, stupidity and sexualization around the world like aids. even though it's not all shit, everybody who wants to standup against bullshit is just being put down and is essentially powerless because of the laziness that has established itself through comfort.

>children
>people
Pick one.

You need to get laid, bud. Or at the very least graduate high school. You've got special snowflake syndrome hardcore.

You have to or risk being expelled.

>what have we done in the past 20 years or to improve as a species?

revolutionized the world with internet
revolutionized the world again with solar
revolutionized the world again with 3d printing and sintering

are you keeping up

>what have we done in the past 20 years or to improve as a species?

The internet has changed from a fairly niche, largely impractical, thing to an incredibly practical, accessible, and useful tool that provides massive amounts of knowledge (and other useful tools) at everyone's fingertips. combine that with equally major leaps in technology for the "cell phone" and now everyone has easy sources of knowledge right at their fingertips. Today even people in backwater 3rd world shitholes have amazingly powerful pocket computers & connectivity to people all around the world. That's huge.

...and that's also completely ignoring advances in medical technology, manufacturing, etc.