What's the best dessert that combines chocolate and pastry cream that isn't an eclair, profiterole...

What's the best dessert that combines chocolate and pastry cream that isn't an eclair, profiterole, or boston cream pie/doughnut?

Some bizarre species of mudpie?

You got me, Jack. Those are the only things I'd think of combining chocolate and pastry cream in.

It's such an incredible combination though. Can we come up with a new recipe perhaps? All you really need is something delicious (and probably buttery) to separate them.

>Whats the best dessert with X and Y that isn't the best dessert with X and Y

Follow your dreams.

>profiterole
Well it depends on your definition of "pastry cream" really. I have seen it substituted with some success in a cannoli when mascarpone was not readily available.

What about...sweet tart crust, ganache at the bottom, cover with pastry cream?

Prepare thin chocolate sheets... perhaps on something like phyllo. Spread thin layers of pastry cream and hazelnuts or pistachios between. Layer until the end of time.

Why not fold in the nuts and freeze before coating with chocolate layers?

Could. Seems like freezing after construction might be easier, but making it by the slice could work too.

>that isn't an eclair

Similar to making chocolate covered ice cream bars and such. Freezing the center allows you to shape it perfectly and then coat with chocolate that is barely warm enough to melt.

Well, chucklefuck, I'm not even OP and I can tell those profiteroles, which he also mentions.

>what's the best dessert with chocolate and pastry cream
>b-but it can't be a known dessert that uses chocolate and pastry cream!
A bullet.

If you're making it with a chocolate coating. I was thinking like a chocolate-pastry cream baklava.

I would worry about the stability of the pastry cream in that sort of situation, possibly later in some puff pastry around the edges?

Or a flash freeze before serving

Napoleons, you crazy people.

Or, if younwant to get super crazy and more creamy, Rigo Jancsi. (Pic related)

Good lord, that sounds heavenly. Consider alternating chocolate mouse whip with the pastry cream layers?

Top with a layer of coarse sugar, and hot knife the bastard

If I had the facilities or ready access to the ingredients, I would be on this right away.

no one outside of culinary school has willingly made or eaten a napoleon

Get a lobster claw and dip it in chocolate

Ha, plebs. Napoleons aren't that difficult, and very versatile.

I have pretty steady access to liquid nitrogen and dry ice. Tomorrow's pay day and my bank is right next to the grocery store.

So I'm pretty much on this.

Please, PLEASE do a cookalong post on here.

What about a beaver tail as the pastry?

This shit is for smelly Europeans who didn't have regular access to good fruit.