I'm reading Whatever by Houellebecq and this hit me pretty hard:

I'm reading Whatever by Houellebecq and this hit me pretty hard:
"Even supposing that you might have women in the future - which in all frankness I doubt - this will not be enough.
You will always be an orphan to those adolescent loves you never knew."
It left me devastated, what should I read to counter these feels?

give up hope

hope is the source of pain

Take the black pill

More Houellebecq, in chronological order.

Where exactly did you find those sentences?

Go to a club and stab a black man

Why should that part of your past bother you in your present? Just use it as motivation to build your future.

Lol conceding more and more ground as you realize that I know how the cards lie and I am not demoralized by your insults.

>well, you may get a gf eventually, but for right now you're screwed!

Keep on trying. Please? For me?

wtf kind of post is this?
are you schizoid or something?
who and what are you replying to?

Just because he feels that way doesn't mean you will too..
This.

Lol get fucked

I'm right huh?
you think everything is about you and yet you barely know yourself (though you'll never realize).
pathetic.

Lol k. You sure showed me.

youre doing it again.
Unable to take responsibility for your own errors.
Immediately you attack.
Very insecure, very sad.

Because you have very limited ability to build a future when all of your realized shortcomings as a person are, in passage of time, ingrained within you. Adulthood is the realization that every single past failure calls to you as a horrible reminder of what you are - even if you're wistfully trying to ignore it. But those problems will read their ugly heads again, in time, and no amount of positivism or willfull ignorance will be able to halt that.

Alrighty wise internet hombre, please attempt to characterize me more, I find it quite entertaining.

The schizoid thing stung I'm sure.
I know the type.
You're only going deeper.
You probably think youre smarter than everyone around you.
(You're a loser and always will be, i know it stings)

But if you never knew them, why would you know you missed out on anything good?

Lolololololol stay mad and pay up friend

they never texted me back

These guys are children stuck in growing bodies, so they dont realize most young "relationships" are just alpha testing for the same sloppy bullshit adults get into. I dont want to hear shit about "innocence".

You should be the one paying me for my time and diagnosis you narcissistic retard.
I know you dont get out much but someone has to tell you these things.
Unnecessarily attacking anonymous internet posts for your own insecurities (which you so vehemently deny, even now [further cementing my point]) is classic schizoid shit. It shows a real bubble-type mentality.

The fact that you seemingly took extreme offence to a quote from a book - evidenced by the fact that you replied to it like the writer was talking to you - shows just how close it hits to home. And just how far gone you are..

Ideas of getting you getting a girlfriend will likely never be a reality. More and more the social sphere is closing for you. That's where the cards lie.

thats not what schizoid means!

Yes, all of your past is present in who you are whether you know it or not, and it does indeed call to you. Where you've strayed is that you seem only to be able to interpret the call in its face value - past regrets surface, and you can recognize that. You've stopped there to revel in that fact, and marked your dwelling with the flag of "Adulthood." In this, the call is entirely unheeded as a call-to-action. You seem to know that the answer is not to ignore the call, but you forget that you also have to hear what it says, which is an active hearing, an opportunity from yourself to you to overcome who you were. Without hearing and making this decision, you can only dwell in that hollow self-reflection.

yes it is retard.
You're uninformed.
I work with schizoid people all the time.
they're essentially smart-retards who the more you get to know, the more you start to hate.

>Paying me

>diagnosis

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>being this mad at truth
it's kinda hard for anyone of sound mind to not find you kinda retarded.
your post was simply idiotic and pathetic.

Hey look guys, it's Dr Chan over here with his infallible golden insight! You don't even have to pay him!

Ahahahhahahahahhahahahha

>schizoid wants to blame Veeky Forums for his problem while still ENTIRELY relying on them for support
classic schiz-shit my man

Ok, what's my copay?

Lmao

Actually, do you mind paying me? You will? Hey, thanks kid.

Loads of people have deep routed isseus and have to live with them every day. This could possible be yours. Have fun.

You're doing it again.
this kind of anger is typical of schizoids.
It's hard for them to be honest with themselves.
It's all dismissal and assumed superiority. No basis.
You notice a trend with your posts?

I think a lot of this /r9k/ faggotry could be solved if people just weren't so spooked and believed in all these memes about "girlfriends" and whatnot.
Which is easier said that done, for sure. Or at least, it's very uncommon (the zen buddhists would say it's too easy--I don't entirely agree with them).

Man you need to read some fucking Nietzsche, unless you already have - in which case, I hope this is your loneliest loneliness.

Nietzsche was a hopeless cuck who wrote whiny love letters and threw tantrums.

Who the fuck cares? Read the words, you hopeless idiot. Are you going to argue this hard against taking some effort to overcome your fucking whining about not being a 'chad' in high school? You're such a fucking pussy that you don't deserve to be with women.

I know it's easy to get into that zone of dismissal, I struggle with it constantly too, but for your own sake you should really thoughtfully read. If Nietzsche doesn't work for you, keep looking, eventually you'll find words that resonate with you and call you to become who you want to be if you try. The alternative is desolating.

The words are a power fantasy from a man who knew they couldn't be lived up to irl.

Nietzsche tried to lie to himself but even he didn't believe himself.

I'm not the lad you were originally responding to btw, I got my share of prime teen and college pussy and am now happily celibate.

you're 'correct' in a sort of shambling, retarded way, but that doesn't absolve anyone who is 1) literate and 2) interested in self-realization from at least attempting to read nietzsche.

anyways, the guy was professor of philology at 25 and fucked with Lou Salome and the Wagners before changing the history of philosophy forever. I'll take Nietzsche's 'cucked failure' over whatever the fuck you're offering kthx

Did you read his private correspondence as well?

Not a man worth emulating.

This isn't how philosophy works, dipshit. Sure, it's an interesting discussion to have, but you're not even doing that - you're just being a fucking retard, spooked about badthink. You don't have to emulate the man to read his writing, and even if you disagree with nietzsche proposition-by-proposition it's still worth reading - especially if you're as cucked by life as OP.

Make me.

I've read all his work, I don't think it's an answer to OPs problems at all. I don't see how reading Nietzsche will help him, honestly.

What the hell is this thread?

What are you doing on a Veeky Forums board?

You're saying you started reading Nietzsche, then continued until you finished everything he ever wrote, and yet you still can't see how it might do some good for this sadsack piece of shit OP?

What the fuck drove you to keep reading?

Nietzsche's work is great and very interesting and thought provoking, I just don't think it's the right self-help for twfnogf incels who pity themselves because they didn't get laid in the past.

Reading high strung sexually frustrated maniacs, however brilliant, would probably influence them to become more high strung sexually frustrated maniacs.

I think the only way Nietzsche is empowering is all the different perspectives he offers you, but there's a common idea of Nietzsche's body of philosophy being this massively empowering thing to individuals that rings hollow. Ultimately the guy wrote some interesting aphorisms but he's not going to fix any of your problems. If anything he just creates more of them.

Nietzsche is not a therapeutic read is what I mean, I guess, especially not if your main problem in life is missing out on teen pussy.

OP should follow through with Elementary Particles and Platform to see Houellebecq work this stuff out more though. They're good reads.

am I as ugly as egghead?

I feel you OP. No other book has resonated with me quite like that one.
It's from Extension du Domaine de la Lutte. Its in the part where the protagonist sits down Raphael at the club and redpills him.

why would this stop you hitting it off with 16 year olds

Yes.

No man. Just get a tan, smile a bit more, workout and you are fine.

what did he mean by this?

It's not true. I never got laid until college. Didn't give a single shit about "adolescent loves" once I started getting laid.

is that eggman? he looks much healthier.

nah but grow your hair out a bit

Here humanity rears it's ugly head

Adulthood is a spook.

you cannot remove pain

Why do people even feel they need a girlfriend? I'm 20 and doing stuff on the internet is satisfying enough for me.

underrated

If that adolescent love did exist it most likely no longer does, so you'd still feel the pain of that loss. Either way you're fucked.

I could understand the physical desire for teen bodies, but I can't understand feeling emotionally devastated over a lack of teen relationships. They're nothing. Fucking a 17 year old when you're 17 isn't any more emotionally fulfilling than fucking a 25 year old when you're 25. If anything, it's less so.

You're not missing out on as much as you think. I had several adolescent loves and I almost never look back on those years. Believe it or not, my happiest moments have been with women in their 30s.

This is true of people who experience abundant love. For ugly people, the lack of early conformation of their sexuality can be devastating. I'm way, way too old to be a virgin and it messes with my psychology in ways that are impossible to articulate. It's almost like an illness desu

Intellectual discourse being reduced to tfw no gf.

>You're not missing out on as much as you think. I had some food when I first started getting hungry but I almost never think about those meals. Believe it or not, my most satisfying meals are the ones I had when I was already half-full. Being hungry isn't such a big deal.

This user is right. It's not a big deal for you because it's already part of your life. That's normal, and how it's supposed to be; it's not supposed to take up so much of your thoughts. Maybe you're not glutted with it, but you've had some nibbles here and there. But you're not starving, and can't know what it feels like to be someone who is.

The best girls don't have sex or even date in high school. There are plenty of 18 year old college girls who have never been kissed. In fact, this is the norm for some parts of the world, like China. Should they be sitting around feeling bad that they didn't get plowed by the entire football team at a drunken party in high school?

Plus: this regression to oneself as an adolescent is more dangerous than you realize. You'll start out thinking about 15 or 16 year old "adolescent loves." But you were lusting and loving as a 12 year old too. Why not pine after 12 year old girls? Head on over to /a/ and see the age of the girls some of them are into. Anime as a medium for adult men is powered by awakening regressive desires for young girls.

Come on lad. Being a moebuta doesn't mean they are dangerous pedos.

Not that guy, but the Genaology of Morals helped me coming out of a depression that lasted 2 decades. As weird as it may sound, up to that point I never got exposed to any sort of optimism that was not naive in nature. All the people who were telling me to live the good life were not considering ANY of the elements that made it so miserable, Nietzsche was the first author who did it right. I guess it's kind of a hit and miss. I can see how other anons reqding it could turn into even more untolerable, nonsensically antisocial (NEET) edgelords.

Hey look its the guy who started the first Fight Club

Teenage sex is literally worthless, and it is far more bulgar than one might think, for it is still dominated by shitty high school subcultures, shitty social circles designed merely on who lives where, and the fact that horny kids rather than being innocent tends to be clumsy in their perversion, while being blinded by hormones.

It's the adult equivalent of dating a stripper, in terms of drama, frustration and confusion. Good relationships in high school are as rare as they get.

Fate/Stay Night visual novel is a great non-naive optimistic story. The protagonists' psychology and development are perfect.

No, you're a 4 while he is a 2, but ultimately as you are both sub-8 you might as well both be invisible.

>this is what nu-males actually believe

el oh el

>considering ANY of the elements that made it so miserable
such as/

You look normal. If grils don't like you you're ugly on the inside.

You're right that I can't relate to your experiences but I don't think lack of sex is the primary issue. I'm still miserable, unfulfilled, and unable to connect with anyone. You view sex as some magical, transformational act. But to me it's an awkward, messy massage. Sex hasn't made me confident, hasn't confirmed my sexuality. I'm guessing the only reason I've had sex and you haven't is because I've put myself in more situations that could eventually lead to sex (a lot of women aren't as choosy as you might think).