Al/ck/ - Alcoholism General

Roasties welcome edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5IUgz-rZuRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Old:

How long can you go without drinking until you start to feel horrible?

You mean physical or mental dependence?

Once I reach bottle a day mode I rarely make it past 8 hours or so, including sleep.

When I dry up I can feel great for weeks.

>therapist appointment is on my only free day during the week in the morning
>have to drive there
fuuuuuuuck, I don't want to wait till friday

I feel horrible by the time I wake up in the morning. I'm either hung over or withdrawing.

>hung over or withdrawing
same thing.

6 days now, feeling pretty good.
Just keeping busy and going on walks.
Few family functions where everyone else was drinking and I'm there with a juice, got the obvious "why aren't you drinking?" "Just have one" lines but powered through.
Weekend was the bigger challenge, back into the working week so will keep active and cook to fill the time before bed.
Listening to Bill Burrs whinging about being sober always makes me laugh so i'll have a podcast or two when I really want a glass.

Impressive mate, especially given the social events.

hungover is the same as withdraws? Are you retarded?

Jury's still out, but some evidence points to hangovers being a mild form of withdrawal.

youtube.com/watch?v=5IUgz-rZuRc
thread theme
I cried when I first heard this, i've never heard something so accurate in relation to my withdrawals

hair of the dog in the morning sure helps the hangover but it never gets rid of the hangover....

The shakes however is a form of withdrawl. I don't have them yet thankfully

song is terrible but check these trips and dubs out

>5555
phew

Just started drinking rum for the first time. What are soon good cocktails to try? So far I've just been mixing it with juice and drinking it straight

Also, is it OK to buy bottom of the barrel liquor for mixes? And save the good stuff for sipping

I just drink whatever is cheapest because being a functioning alcoholic in Canada is expensive and I'm a broke boy already to begin with

what kind of rum?

It's 3:15 p.m and I'm drunk as fuck/broke/want pizza. I'm trying to jew Domino's as hard as I can. Help.

>had to finally leave my house to replace my bank card so i could buy more beer and groceries
>at the bank, feel stressed the entire time
>whip out my wallet to produce id when asked, teller asks if it's handmade
>"yeeeah-- tape"
>feel genuine anxiety at this point
>go back home quickly and stressed out the whole way

i think im developing agoraphobia

theyre literally not, withdrawal is literally going into shock due to changes in your body chemistry from suddenly not having to process alcohol anymore

hangovers are usually just mild dehydration and poop problems

hair of the dog works the same way a morning cup of coffee works; it gets your digestive system going a bit

get pizza from a proper local pizzaria instead of shitty corporate food

google some coupons.

how much ya workin wit?

You think I want to spend money on good food while I'm wasted? Not a chance.

About $100 to spend. On anything. Food and clothes, etc. for about a month.

>tfw always enjoy Forza and DiRT a lot more after drinking
its a good thing i dont own a car, id probably drive drunk and die a lot

>What are soon good cocktails to try?
bedbugs and semen

rum and basically any fruit juice go together very well, and theres always the classic Cuba Libre (rum, coke, lime)

idk man in my experience local places give better portions than dominos or pizza hut for about the same price

comfy picu

just go walk to your local grocery, buy a frozen bag of tater tots, walk home, put the bag of tater tots in the oven, forget to turn it on or remove tater tots from bag and fall asleep with you cloths on stomach down on your bed

save it and get a slice at a local pizza spot if you can.

if you live in the middle of nowhere then save the money. Dominos here is like 11-20 bucks easy

Beans are pretty cheap. Oh and faygo soda.

brown rice, dried beans, kilju

>she blocks you path and vomits on your girlfrinds ass
>what do you do

6 dollar gold rum

>About $100 to spend. On anything. Food and clothes, etc. for about a month.
that youve lumped together food and clothes into the same bracket tells me you're either living at home (and there is literally nothing wrong with that), or you are an utter retard who needs to buy You Need A Budget 4 on Steam right now

Don't they offer a large 3 topping for like, 8 bucks every day now? It used to be Monday through Wednesday, and back in college I ordered one on Monday night and lived on it until Wednesday. Sometimes I ordered another one again that Wednesday night, but usually I was so sick of it by then that the smell of the melted cheese made me dry heave. Anyway, yeah. As long as you can pick it up, you're not in too bad of shape getting one of those every week.

As for clothes, I hope you have shit already. If you're working from nothing, you're already fucked. Start cutting holes in blankets and wearing them as ponchos. 100 bucks will pay for one winter coat and then you're eating rats until Christmas.

if he only has $100 to spend this month on food and cloths do you think he has extra money for steam excel spreadsheets simulators?

he should pirate it

For any Nova Scotians, what's the best bang for my buck at the government liquor store? I've found they don't sell anything higher than 90 proof.

>you're either living at home
The only people to whom living at home means "living with parents" are people who live with their parents. Everyone who isn't homeless lives at home.

Ottawafag here, box of 12.5% red wine is 33.46$ at the lcbo

Suprising how quickly your skin clears up after not being on drinking, I was like the grease teen from the simpsons before

not that i dont have problems and feel my house is not my home, but where i live "living at home" generally refers to "living with parents" -- if you meant otherwise, you'd say something more specific like "living on your own" or "living in residence" or somesuch

prolly comes from the old days where houses were bigger and family-owned and passed through generations, 2bh, so "at home" ran counter to other places you could live, and the implication of it being with parents wasnt positive or negative, it was just "at home, with parents" or "not at home, because you're in factory housing/school dorms/the poorhouse/etc"

it prolly cleared up because you werent too drunk to wash ur fuckin face u coward

What is the Dark Souls of liquor?

Expert pizza time coming through:

If you wait till about 10 minutes before most pizza places you can obtain very cheap pizza. Typically from unclaimed ones. I used to do this all the time - get an X-Large for like 5 bucks. However, I would recommend applying this technique at a Papa Murphy's for best results. Cooked pizza could have been sitting for over an hour.

>he washes his face
Calm down there princess

Whisky and its related grain boozes (bourbon, scotch, etc)

hands down

>seemingly obscure or hip or "not for everyone"
>but everyone drinks it or has at least some knowledge of it and it's objectively plebeian
>everyone thinks it's hardcore
>but it's not actually that hard to deal with once you get used to it, and the higher tiers of it are not hard, it's just about attention to detail in execution and actually very satisfying and palatable, if expensive
>everyone thinks there's such massive variety
>but there's basically one way to make it, one way to do it, and everything else is just elaborate yet ineffective self-harm if you know better

>If you wait till about 10 minutes before most pizza places you can obtain very cheap pizza

If you wait till about 10 minutes before most pizza places 'close' you can obtain very cheap

>If you wait till about 10 minutes before most pizza places you can obtain very cheap pizza. Typically from unclaimed ones.
I think this is just a smaller town thing. I've seen this literally once, and it was at a Timmy's with doughnuts.

Pizza places, either the staff take the lost pizza home themselves, or they just sell it off as slices.

In fact, at my local places, when I get a deal, it's the opposite -- they refuse to make me a whole pizza, but say they'll give me the day's slices that have been left there unbought under heat lamps instead. It's an okay deal at best, too, these lebanese boys know how to fleece a nigga

The most pathetically worded question I've seen on this board.

Maybe.. I haven't tried it at a cooked pizza place in a long timer. I live in a pretty big city with 4 Papa Murphy locations and usually will stop by 1 of them if I'm broke and always score.
They don't always take the leftovers home. Also, they have lots of premade pep and cheese pizzas and will just throw toppings on them. Saves me lots of bucks if I'm over short on cash or just feel like being a cheap little shit.

if you arent totally desensitized to "What is the Dark Souls of [thing]?" you havent lived in a major city nor have you hung with enough nerds

i'd recommend keeping it that way. it's a happier life.

it's literally one of the reasons i drink

how long till i start puking?

Is it with Isopropanol? Also shouldn't it be denaturized?

that's fuckin nasty dude

>Food and clothes, etc.
I only shop for clothing two or three times a year. Who buys clothing on a monthly basis?

>that alcohol
M O N T R E A L

also very soon, they put agents in rubbing alcohol specifically to induce vomiting.

>Reddit summed up in one post.

is that true? I could google it but im not going to

what the fuck are you drinking iso?

Is that isopropanol? Half a liter (2 cups) will kill a 70 kg / 150 lb human.

:)

Sobriety isn't worth the thoughts that are flooding back to me. 3 weeks is my high score. Going back to drinking ASAP.

that's not even the right kind of alcohol, dumbass

you're going to die

most normies these days are reddit and it's a bad thing and you have to get used to it if you wanna live in the real world

its foul but life has never been fair, has it

not what i meant

it's true. i've never drunk it myself but there's plenty of tales ive heard of abbos drinking iso right in the aisles of the pharmacy, but many a teenager fukken tossing after one shot of rubbing alcohol because of that vomit agent.

do NOT drink that. boxed wine is for plebs

You can still get drunk from it, I think

>drinking rubbing alcohol

are you trying to kill yourself?

you're better off drinking mouthwash tbqh

Haven't drank in two months. I really want to go buy a 6-pack and drink the whole thing. Better yet I want to buy a half pint and chug it then go to town on a handle. I miss having the room spinning and being blasted all day.
I'm not going to though. I'll return one day but I just want to save money or something. Idk
I wish I could find weed. Fall into some weird disassociation

im mixing it with red wine for that extra kick. ill let you guys know what happens

i laughed at this, thought id let you know your post was pleasing + was a good joke

good luck I guess

No hand sanitizer back?

M O N T R E A L

I feel pretty wasted after 2-3oz mixed with about 2-3 cups of wine. My stomach had a nice burning sensation like i just ate a bowl of curry

12 pack every night - even work night for going on a decade.

The gnats from the empties are worse than my fear of the future.

The large toxic sign would put me off.
What makes you think it’s not denurated?

I don't? What does that even mean

It’s when poisons are added to alcohol products like cleaners, to stop people from drinking them

30 minutes.

I am interested in your knife.. Custom?

Embalming fluid and an agent to make it taste extremely bitter. Would not drink

you i make them occaisonaly

It's usually not actual poison, but certain chemicals in low concentration that make it extremely bitter denatonium benzoat is what used here, but it isn't poisonous. It's to make sure that people don't drink it, since then it can be sold without the added alc-taxes

how you feeling champ? you ralph yet?

man, good for you, user. seriously. i have no will power.

thnx, I figured I'd be alright

I feel drunk friendo

There's no embalming fluid in there, camphor just makes it smell better

You should be fine, nothing in there is at high enough levels to be dangerous (as for taste, no idea), you def bought the right sanitizer, since most have isoprop or other things in it

Alcohol taxes only apply to drinkable alcohol. So they make it undrinkable when it's for other uses.
Methods vary country from country, some make it taste like shit, some make you puke, some kill you. Depends how retarded brand and local legislation are.

>Water, ethanol ("regular" alcohol), bittering agent, bad smell agent.
Camphor can be poisonous, hopefully not in the dose you took.

Consider distilling for cheap booze instead.

You watching F is for Family? Pretty good, guy.

m8 please get a real sharpening stone and dont use your serration sharpener for everything

also i like the tang being full and pinned but the shape overall is very memey, its bad for stabbing but cant be used for cooking or bushcraft either. the serration is also in a bad spot and there isnt enough of it. it looks like a knife you bought at an anime convention and then modified

please tell me its not a knife you bought at an anime convention and then modified

>When you wake about to turn to dust from thirst, but your trusty water bottle is full, next to your bed, and from the moment that first atom hits the tip of your tongue until the last few gulps swish down into your stomach, then every cell in your body has an orgasm because of the soothing, healing water being soaked up hungrily by your body and flowing amply around you, regenerating your very soul with its soothfulness and making life worth living by it’s deliciousness.

To be fair, user said they do it occasionally.. The first knife pictured looks like it has a solid convex grind.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

6 black label supreme 8% for $9

i use stones. the following pics should let you know if these are infact hand made.

also, im a little embaressed for you to explain this but every knife is meant to be greatt at everything. I make what i want to make when i feel like making it

Yea - that, Bo Jack Horseman,Trailer Park Boys, and a few others I can't recall are my go tos

>The first knife pictured looks like it has a solid convex grind.
the leading edge looks great but it also looks machine-made, and the rear of it is an utter mess that looks like it was made with one of those sharpening wedges for serrated knives and no other tool

come on, man, are you fucking kidding me? i hope this is a joke, bro. you can die from that.

good bait tho if it's a j/k, you got me