>wine made from grapes on vine 25 feet outside of Bordeaux region border
>pork chop cooked 2.5 seconds longer on top side than bottom
>salt from a container instead of hand-crushed rocks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mkSR7ExMDPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Lamb
>No sauce.

>and the butter? is it churned in house?
>no chef, we buy it daily at the farmers market.
>FUCK ME!

>this fork yeah? did you forge these yourself?
>yes chef
>and the iron forming the steel of the fork, did you dig it out of the riverbed yourself?
>no chef
>FUCK ME!

As much as I appreciate his culinary skills, he overreacts far too much for the cameras.
The food they serve may not be fit for his establishment, but I guarantee it's not "spit it out on my spoon" bad.

I love this shit every time though. Somehow it never gets old.

>>>((("""rustic""")))

>"The scallops, were they fresh?"
>yes chef
>"They were born this morning?"
>no chef
>"So they're not fresh. Fuck me..."

>and the ice?
Yes chef
>Is it frozen?
Yes chef
>Fuck me...

>that episode where berated the owners for not making fresh mozzarella daily
Why? What fucking restaurant does that?

Idk about daily but it's not hard weekly for a high end place.

how expensive would it be to eat at a place that did literally everything themselves, like farmed everything

>what's that smell? is this parmesan fresh?
>we get it from a reputable cheesemaker in to-
>IS IT FRESH?
>there is an aging pro-
>HOW LONG?
>...twelve months chef
>fuck me

Lol

As fuck because they would have to somehow farm tons of different things from different climates in the same area. Which would most likely mean they would need some sort of artificial climate generating greenhouse or some shit.

Or traditional endemic cuisines and preservation methods coupled with a seasonal menu.

Like how food has worked for most of history....

>some sort of artificial climate generating greenhouse

You mean a greenhouse? Yeah, we have those.

>Is the salt from evaporated seawater?
>Yes Chef
>Why are we not reacting elemental sodium with chlorine gas in house?
>We looked into it and the reaction vessels and chemist salary aren't within our budg...
>Fuck me, bloody hell

>do you serve this to customers?
>the cabbage chef?
>taste that!
>i like it chef
>IT'S FERMENTING YOU FUCKING DONKEY
>we're a korean restaurant chef
>FUCK ME!

Theres an incredible birria place in Ensenda, mexico that kills their cow, goats and sheep on the daily and there's an old lady making tortillas right in front of you and she says she makes the flour herself with wheat from her own land.
Also, a selection of orange, mango, or my favorite, cantaloupe juice made every couple hours with fruit from local farms.

Tacos were 25 pesos each when I was there (lil over a dollar at the time) and a bowl of it as soup was 60.

Ive had dreams about this place desu. I wake up crying sometimes.

This.

that isn't what the show is like whatsoever. he gets served awful garbage. why even characterize him a way thats not even remotely accurate

>"water???"
>ye chef
>"wet??"
>y-ye chef
>FUGG ME, BLODDY HECK...

Are you new?

youtube.com/watch?v=mkSR7ExMDPc

>"did you come up with these digits yourself?"
>yes chef
>"did you calculate the exact time at which to post yor reply in order to get them?"
>n-no chef
>FUCK ME...

>how old is this mozzarella?
>we made it fresh 6 days ago, chef
>Six?
>Yes, che-
>Six days?
>Ye-
>FUCK ME!

Normal greenhouses aren't able to replicate all produce growth climates you fucking idiot.
The post I was responding to didn't specify if the cuisine would be endemic.
It said "a place that did literally everything themselves".

>cantaloupe juice made every couple hours
>2 hours? Fuck me!

Lol ya got me chef

user you're a retard

>"are there chicken stock pots in this?"
>No chef we make stock in house every day
>"OH, FUCK ME"

>"is the plastic of the container house-made?"
>yes chef
>"is the oil extracted from the local area?"
>n-no chef
>"Bloody hell...."

It saddens me that the stuff he thinks tastes like shit would probably be more than gourmet for me.

>T. Tastelet

why

He goes to failing restaurants in kitchen nightmares. Let me ask you something child, why do you think a restaurant would be failing, typically?

Don't think too hard now, wouldn't want you hurting yourself booboo :*

Because I'm poor and just eat rice and beans everyday. And they taste like shit because I'm a bad cook.

What's it called?

fair enough

Yeah I know, but I'd still rather eat that stuff than the nothing I don't get to some days.

>You will never save this user

This is how you make good rice and beans.

>Mince two cloves of garlic for every cup of rice
>Quarter onion for every cup
Fry onion, fry garlic after, not long
>Add water and teaspoon of salt per cup of rice, double water to rice ratio
>Lower heat when water boils
>Remove from heat imeddiately when water is evaporated

For the beans

>Two cloves garlic for every can of beans, teaspoon of chopped onion
>Mash beans in can before cooking
>Fry garlic and onion, allow garlic to burn slightly
>Teaspoon and a half of salt per can
>Quarter can of water
>Boil for ten to fifteen minutes

Voila. Delicious Brazilian style rice and beans. Eat it almost daily, and never stop loving it.

Why are you even here

>this plate, did you kiln bake, and glaze it yourself?
>y-yes chef
>was the clay extracted and processed from the front garden?
>no chef, traveled to taiw-
>BLOODY HELL

Because despite someone being poor and in a bad place, they might also enjoy food, you retard.

That sounds good, user. I'll have to try it when my NEETbux come in next.

obviously not the same guy but
>that's already how i make beans and rice, except i don't use canned beans and instead prepare them myself

i came here to shitpost but maybe i belong after all?

I have to go. That sounds incredible.

>Don't think too hard now, wouldn't want you hurting yourself booboo :*

this meme's got legs, baby!

Feijoada is the next level of deliciousness with rice and beans, but it takes an unreasonable amount of time to make if you don't own a pressure pot

The College of the Ozarks actually has a restaurant where they do a lot of their stuff in-house, but I don't think all. The price is actually really good.

>When the hurt hits the butt just right

>and the steaks are fresh yeah?
>chef we work with local farms to ensure that we have the top cuts available. Once selected the meat is dry aged on premises for 40 days...
>hold on hold on. The steak you served me is over a month old?

Y r u being so rude

>w-well chef, the cows are slaughtered when they reach 18 months of ag-
>One-and-a-half years?
>FUCK ME

>finally get something simple, rustic, and cooked by someone clearly in possession of the plot
Damn...

>can afford internet to post
>can't buy decent food
>too "poor"

Actually my landlords supply a free shitty internet plan if you lease for a year.

Can't you just harvest the soul of one of your subordinates every now and then, or one of the billions of others?

it definitely is.
you can clearly see the food is often not up to health standards and normal people obviously don't like it if the business is failing so dramatically.

Maybe not every pizza is as bad as he says but you would not actually want to eat at most of the places featured on the show.

plz don't bully Satan.

>chef is this fish fresh?
>y-y-yes chef ramsey i caught it barehanded this morning?
>this morning? fuck me thats older than my gran no wonder it tastes like shit

Actually, feeding lobster to inmates more than once a day was considered cruel and unusual punishment in the olden days.

Epcott at Disney does this.

>The jokes? Were they well received?
>Yes chef!
>And were they written by you?
>No chef my team of writ-
>FUCK ME

Think about it, they didn't get butter or anything to season it. I'm sure it wasn't that good.

not very
less than dinner from a michelin star restaurant

> the huckleberries, are they fresh?
> yes chef, and if they're too tart we dust them with confectioners pow-
> FUCK ME

Only one fucking 't' in EPCOT, dumbshit.

>is this radish fresh?
>yes chef
>did you create the big bang?
>no chef
>Fuck me

What type of beans? Black beans? They taste pretty good on their own. Kidney beans are kinda shit tho.

It's canned tomato beans my brother in law gave me. I only spend money on the rice.

>tomato beans
baked beans in tomato sauce? Or is this some foriegn meme bean?

>baked beans in tomato sauce
Yeah that. Sorry.

>Did you create life?
>Yes chef!
>How long did it take?
>7 days
>FUCK ME!

>watch first season of UK kitchen nightmares
>insightful business development hints
>cheap marketing ideas
>smaller, simpler menus that fit the chef's level of skill and ability
>limited tough love, applied mostly to clueless owners
>respect for anyone who's actually competent

>watch last season of US kitchen nightmares
>FUCK ME

Do less drugs, eat better food

He acts like every single thing has to be ordered, prepped, and cooked the day of service. I can guarantee that isn't what happens in his restaurants.

Most of the time these restaurants are charging obscene prices for food that is average at best. It's less about the quality of the food in a vacuum, but more in the context of the menu's pricing and the restaurant's claims of freshness/locality.

You clearly don't pay very close attention to his shows.

He certainly does that for fine dining restaurants, and he's right--when you're paying that kind of money the food had better be fresh.

But he often does longer lead time prep for this restaurants which aren't super high end. For some reason people tend to miss that difference and lump all his restaurants together. That's fucking absurd. Why would a gastropub have the same standard of quality as a 3-star joint?

I've seen him set people up for disaster time after time in service with impossible menus and under trained staff. What does he think the walk in freezer is for if not frozen food? He wants everything fresh even in shitty little restaurants.

Some things make perfect sense to freeze, others do not. Make a bunch of stock? That's no problem to freeze without harm. Freezing an entree? That's a whole different story.

Pay more attention. It's not "everything" that has to be fresh, it's the things that matter which have to be "fresh".

lmao you're dumb af and have no idea what walk in freezers are for. When a restaurant says fish of the day and uses a fish that's been frozen for a week at the restaurants freezer then it's not fish of the day

I understand what you are saying and you are talking about at least a decent restaurant that makes their own stocks and sauces. lets say I own a sports bar/restaurant I'm not making my own mozzarella sticks for the bar. I'm buying in frozen along with a lot of other things.

Right, you described the average sportsbar perfectly.

A better sportsbar would bread them in-house in advance and freeze them so they can be fried to order.

I'm not dumb I actually am a chef. I'm making a point you fuck head. Nothing wrong with frozen food. I didn't say lie on the menu. Frozen vegetables are perfectly acceptable in most situations for soups, stews, or buffets.

If it's a restaurant that specializes in something then probably not very expensive at all.

HOW MUCH IS A KNOBB OF BUTTER!?!?

Kek

A tablespoon i would say

I think he did do an episode with a place that at least raised their own cattle.
I guess there'd be more startup cost but it should be possible to put together a menu from entirely local ingredients and that means it should be possible to supply it all yourself. I would NOT recommend it to the idiots I see on KN, though.

Ramsay has never made a complaint about frozen vegetables you retard. Typical junkie chef that Ramsay would pull in two

Eating anything more than once a day. Every day. For years on end. Is pretty bleak. Not torture and they're prisoners so fuck em, but still.

Most, if not all will settle for pre-made shit. You're cooking for drunks.

The US version is unwatchable. The UK version is great.

Fuck me

>eating at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant
>abolutely stuffed
>waiter comes over
>"Can I please get a to-go box"
>Ramsay comes barging out of kitchen
>slams his apron down on the floor
>"A to-go box, what is this, a bloody Friday's?"
>"I- I can't finish it and want to eat the rest later chef"
>"Later? It is at the perfect temperature. How do you plan to heat this up again?"
>"I was going to stick it in the mico-"
>FUCK ME, now GET OUT

You fucking donkey.