Dude if you disagree with me then you are mentally ill LMAO

>dude if you disagree with me then you are mentally ill LMAO

Reminder the idea of being "mentally ill" is a modern construct.

If there's one thing I hate about Nietzsche, it's the kind of person he attracts. The independent free thinking teenager who thinks he's profound for having nihilistic thoughts in the shower and thinks he can dive into philosophy without the requisite background knowledge. I hate his rabid fanbase and their zealous insistence on what they think is the "proper" interpretation of his thought which, funnily enough, is entirely different to each person who posts about him. They're so ready to defend him from what they see as disingenuous charges of "nihilism" or whatever the fuck and yet they're prepared to level the spooky charge of "positivism" on anyone who deigns to suggest that maybe he's not worth the paper he's written on.

It's good that beyond his pretty prose his core philosophy is actually shit.

Schopenhauer > Neetzsche

what background knowledge?

Not so much a construct as a description. Our medical language is much more precise.

versus the pre-modern construct where they said you were possessed by demons and dunked you in the river until you died?

I mean that Start with the Greeks is not just a meme. Philosophy is called the long conversation for a reason. People try to read Thus Spoke Zarathustra and then come here complaining its incoherent and that they got lost on the second page. This is because they have no idea who he's responding to and what philosophical context he's writing in

how is that a construct? are you dumb?

good one, damien

Demons do exist. There an entire science dedicated to study them.

Feminist science is not science.

That's because feminists are demons, right? Good one. Also, what's your favorite demonologist, user?

Think of people as environmental events and effects. ISIS and feminism are environmental hazards. Of course, they have certain characteristics of their own, ISIS can maintain itself over large periods of time, whereas the feminist storm needs constant feeding. Otherwise the women would realize that what the media and powers that be want them to want, is probably not what they want or ought to want.

Kek

>he doesn't insult people for its own sake
Get loose, square.

Each of Nietzsche's works is the foundation of the next, and I think this is the primary reason behind misinterpretations of his thought.

>I mean that Start with the Greeks is not just a meme

Where do I go after greek philosophy? The Romans seems like the obvious answer, but I wouldn't know who to start with

What's the best starting point for nietzsche

The Birth of Tragedy as it provides the foundation for his later developments of thought with regard to the viewpoints of the Dionysian, Apollonian and the Socratic. Try to find a version with Nietzsche's added preface but read it afterwards.

faggots are mentally ill

that's what half of the retarded fags on this board say anyway

That was still a construct dummy

Genealogy of Morals is pretty good m8

>I think this is the primary reason behind misinterpretations of his thought.

The primary reason he is misinterpreted is because had to have an opinion on every single topic, often contradictory ones.

Besides, it's quite difficult extracting a canonical interpretation of someone who deliberately wanted to avoid canonical interpretations; which is partly why Nietzsche is responsible for the advent of post-modernism in textual criticism.

t. Baldy McAidsman Foucault

His writing style is sort of antiquated and hard to understand. I can understand some other philosophers, that are much older, like Plato and Aristotle more than I can understand Nietzsche. Am I just not smart enough?

How is this something that can be held against Nietzsche? Children misinterpreting philosophy is at least better than children not reading philosophy at all.

None of those people actually read Nietzsche.

That guy from the cathedral of shadows.

Well, I am mentally ill and I did spend the better part of a year in a psychiatric hospital not so long ago, so I can disagree with you all I like. You can hurl whatever shit you like at me, it won't stick.

Nietzsche doesn't write to break down every little argument so anyone can understand, he writes for fellow spirits who can fill in the blanks and "leap from peak to peak" (probably not an actual quote) when reading him, which is something that everyone does all of the time but he's just more extreme about it

Fortunately im really smort so I get him 100%

>If there's one thing I hate about Nietzsche, it's this thing that he can't be blamed for.
Anyway, the part about everyone's interpretation varying with him is on account of his body of work being extremely complex. It's something to praise. If you're tired of seeing inconsistent interpretations then read him yourself and form your own.

That's what I'm saying though - each of his books is a chart of his thoughts at that time. Contradictions arise as he changes his opinion but that's why you have to read them in order to understand the development.

Perfect example of ressentiment.

Just admit it, either you haven't read him or you tried and failed to understand his philosophy. It's okay to be a pleb.