>he found the Greeks too hard to read, and gave up
>he attempts to defend this

>implying i didn't read them

πλεβ

>started with the greeks
>still on the greeks

>tries to look patrician by writing "pleb" in greek letters
>doesn't actually know ancient greek

>found out practically zero primary sources exist for pre-Platonic philosophers and we know them through Plato
>see ''learned'' people constantly referring to them and describing themselves through them

>plev

started with kant. did I get memed on or avoid getting memed on?

>found out Socrates is just a fictional character made up by Plato

>uses modern greek pronounciation for beta

>read someone explaining what thales meant by "all is water" having to do with, well theres a lot of water in the world, like oceans and stuff

>Plato doesn't appear anywhere in ''his'' works
>meanwhile Socrates is always the cool, misunderstood genius

maybe Plato is a fictional character made up by Socrates

Only unrepentant egotists write themselves in as characters.

All characters are an extension of the author's ego.

>started with the greeks

>found out the greeks most cherished literature and drama was genre-fiction written by war veterans.

>find out all "intellectual" literature is not a cherishing of ancient tradition but the complete rebellion against it.

>realize I have been cucked by intellectualism and Christianity into removing my manhood.

>the war veterans were the same as the statemen of the polis
>ywn will never see this happen again in your state in your lifetime

I don't disagree.

this. war veterans then =/= war veterans today. they took their shit seriously and a military career was the first step towards the senate for most. you can't compare these two worlds, idiot.

>he actually fell for the "starting with the greeks is a meme" meme

Modern Greek pronunciation is best pronunciation.

only if you want to simulate putting turkish cock in your mouth

Honestly the best thing it has going for it is that it sounds like a real human language. The reconstructed pronunciations of Greek and Latin simply sound fake, since that's what they are. It's funny, too, with Greek the closer you try to get to the original the worse it actually sounds, such as when people try to approximate the pitch accent.

Just pronounce it as the Hindi word bhayta.

αστός

>he didn't start with the Sumerians
What kind of FUCKING plebs do I share this board with?

>doesn't start with the Indians
Shut up FUCKING PLEB

>not starting with the Indo-Europeans

baka tbqh senpai

>The reconstructed pronunciations of Greek and Latin simply sound fake
m8 you know there's still places that learnt Greek under Alexander right? who am I kidding, you don't even know how classical Latin survived the Church shift in pronunciation, or that you're arguing to lisp like an ionian.

>takes hypothesis for fact

Also, ignoring the accent, most people that use the reconstructed pronunciation make anachronistic changes in order to make it easier; e.g. not pronouncing iota subscript, pronouncing the aspirated consonants as fricatives. It's a big joke really.

>you know there's still places that learnt Greek under Alexander right?

And? The Attic dialect that most (supposedly) try to replicate is lost to time. You can approximate it to some degree, which is sufficient to work with meter, but you will never know what it actually sounded like. It doesn't exist in this world. But hey, swing at the wind and get that pitch accent down so you can sound like a histrionic autist.

>thinks any of our conceptions of what classical society was like are facts
It's all a bunch of hypotheses.

autism

>And? The Attic dialect that most (supposedly) try to replicate is lost to time. You can approximate it to some degree, which is sufficient to work with meter, but you will never know what it actually sounded like. It doesn't exist in this world. But hey, swing at the wind and get that pitch accent down so you can sound like a histrionic autist.
You do realise that the Ionic and Doric influence that ancient Greek had on Attic to make it modern is pretty much the opposite of what happened in Koine? Good, so you realise there are living people speaking a kind of Greek that you're ignorant of and which is still living in pockets across Alexander's eastern campaign to this day. You're wrong, and so upset other people know better. Even tribal Afghanis know better than you, kek. Enjoy that internet degree in knowing shit about languages

>t. buttblasted barbarian who can't do a pitch accent

malaka

>he started reading because he wanted to think of himself as "well-read"
>he didn't start reading simply because he had a question on his mind and wanted to see if he could find the answer to it
>he didn't start reading with whatever addressed his question

>implying that anyone else didn't exactly for that reason