FACTS

FACTS

>Fat isn't unhealthy.
>Carbs don't make you fat
>Eating before bedtime isn't bad for you.
>Dietary cholesterol doesn't increase your blood cholesterol. (for most people)
>Sodium does not causes higher blood pressure and leads to cardiovascular problems, kidney problems and strokes
>MSG doesn't cause headaches nor is it "bad" for you
>Microwaving food doesn't make it lose its nutrients
>Sugar doesn't makes kids hyperactive
>Browning meat does not "seal" or "lock" the juices into the meat.
>Eating more meals in a day doesn't increase your metabolism.
>Brown rice isn't more nutritious than white rice
>Milk doesn't makes your bones stronger

Alpha chef here, a lot of what you say is true, I like to kick the living fuck out of kp's.

>>Eating before bedtime isn't bad for you.
Eating before bed gives me a tummy ache.

> MSG doesn't cause headaches
Only thing in your post that I take offense to.

Sorry about your shit genetics.

Browning makes a delicious crust, brown your meat.

>wahhhhhh MSG make me head hurt !!!! help me mommy!
It's a fake symptom. Go ahead and believe your health memes you quack.

>>Brown rice isn't more nutritious than white rice
Most of the list is pretty good. But brown rice very clearly has more fiber and micronutrients than white.

This desu

Also sodium obviously raises blood pressure in the acute sense. The only debate is whether it causes chronic high blood pressure, in which case you're right.

I'll add:
>washing cast iron with soap does not "ruin" the seasoning
>calories in, calories out is not the entire equation
>fruit juice is not more healthy than soda
>eating healthy is a bougie luxury
>nutrition science has extremely few answers, you should not treat it as anywhere near complete, and also advice for the average person might not apply to you at all. people vary a ton so it's hard to make blanket statements about which foods are good or bad for a person.

>>eating healthy is a bougie luxury
>bougie
wew lad

Wait I thought the OP was posting the inverse because of the wojack. I actually don't think it causes headaches lmao.

Fruit juice, while high in sugar, is certaintly healthier than soda.

How is calories in, calories out not the entire equation? Are you renouncing conservation of energy?

Not him but satiety is a big part of the "equation" of weight loss. most of us can't be waging a lifelong war against hunger and not want to kill yourself eventually. it's best to eat foods that sate your appetite while not being very calorie dense. you could lose weight on oreos but you'll be having a terrible time doing it.

also, people here tend to wave off metabolic differences as negligible while also announcing how a can of soda a day can add up over time. even a 5% difference in metabolic efficiency means a +-100 kcal a day. which over a 10 years adds up to 100 lbs of weight if CI/CO remains the same.

between bad eating habits (eating low satiety foods like soda and chips) and even small differences in metabolism the entire picture of weight control is more than CI/CO. I say this as a person who's never weight more than 170 and is usually between 140 and 150. keeping weight off has never been a problem for me other than when I was drinking too much and eating crap, basically going out of my way to be fat. i've seen other people in my family who are much more strongwilled than i struggle with their weight.

Different user
Fuck m8 nobody has ever told me this I've always just been preached "calories in = calories out" and "just stop eating so much" as if it's just that fucking easy. I've always hated myself for (I sort of blame it on my area and environments though. Half the time there's not enough time or enough people to justify cooking a nice meal so we all have to eat basically crap)

Is there a list of foods that are high satiety? My metabolism isn't very high and I always had to eat quite a bit to get full. I'm not overweight but I'm fairly husky. Losing just 10 or 15 lbs would do me so much good but it's just been impossible for me to try and lose weight. I believe I could keep the weight off it's just getting there is the issue.

the trick is if you regularly eat less, eventually you just wont feel hungry as much

>Is there a list of foods that are high satiety?
vegetables

Yeah but which ones, buckeroo. Like. I'm looking for a few specifics.

MSG is literally just sodium and glutamic acid, the same shit that's in tomatoes and cheese. Do you get sick from eating tomatoes and cheese too? No, you don't. MSG is no more dangerous than table salt.

So you're saying that metabolic difference (ie the amount of calories that are burned by the body) and how many calories are in the foods the person is eating are not included in CI/CO?
Really makes me think.

not at all true for me at least. i function best when i have 3 meals a day in increasing order of calories and richness. a light breakfast with carbs and some protein. a decent lunch with vegetables and starches. a richer dinner with fat and protein. eating 5-6 times a day for me would mean not enjoying a single meal while eating more calories too.

okay, for me satiety is a 2 factored equation. one factor is obviously the nutritional make-up of the food. more fiber with at least some amount of fat and some protein all contribute to a feeling of satiety. but the other factor is taste. you could eat a bag of spinach with croutons and cream dressing or you could eat saag with roti. the second is always going to leave you feeling fuller because it's also satisfied your tastebuds. i'd never tell anyone to eat grilled chicken over rice and steamed brocolli cause I know i'd be salting the rice with my own tears about the third time in a week i had to do that. it's always nice to have well rounded meals whenever you sit down to eat rather than a tasteless "healthy" meal which has you thinking of a snickers bar at 3PM. for me that's well prepared vegetables, pasta/bread and some sort of cheese.

to answer your question more directly vegetables that take some chewing and aren't 90% water after being cooked like broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts, spinach, peppers, cauliflower. but also make sure they have some fat on them either by way of stir-frying or as a sauce. breads like polish rye with butter are great for breakfast along with a banana and glass of milk. strong cheese and dark chocolate are both better than the alternatives and satisfy you better in lesser.

oh and i forgot one of the most satisfying foods, lentils/beans. flavored with either spices in ghee or through sausages and aromatics.

Okay. But it still is "calories in, calories out," you're just saying it might not be the best piece of dieting advice.
Doesn't make it any less true, so it doesn't fit in with the thread theme.

Thanks for the info, man. Seriously. I've never even known half this stuff because nobody has so much as alluded to its existence. Hopefully I can cook more satisfying meals that taste good now rather than having to choose "healthy" or "taste good"
All us fatties in Kansas City just cook some form of barbecue and baked beans half the time lol

>I've always just been preached "calories in = calories out" and "just stop eating so much" as if it's just that fucking easy
IT IS THAT EASY

YOUR BODY DOES NOT OPERATE OUTSIDE THE LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS

God, fat people piss me off. All you have to do is eat less and you will lose weight. It is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for you to eat less and not lose weight. But you fucking idiots buy into this woman's dieting magazine bullshit pseudoscience, any excuse you can find to avoid taking responsibility for your own actions.

>My metabolism isn't very high and I always had to eat quite a bit to get full.

You don't have to stuff yourself at every meal, you moron. You're not going to die if you don't "feel full" after every meal, whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean, and obviously this feeling is a poor gauge of how much food you need if you're overweight. Stop looking for excuses, stop listening to overly complicated explanations for why you aren't at fault for your own behavior and apply some fucking willpower and just. stop. eating. so. much.

You're still just talking about managing calories in. Writing two paragraphs about how different people like different foods doesn't change that.

its true for everyone you dumb little piggy, just stop shoving your fat gullet and you wont be as hungry

or drink coffee and smoke cigs

midwesterner here. I drink milk at least 3x a day and my bones are made of adamantium so I call bullshit

I need you to do something for me, here. Take your opinion that you just wasted ten minutes typing out, and put a thin layer of your preferred lubricant on it. Now, maybe since this is Veeky Forums crisco is a good option for you; but I ask that you take that same opinion and shove it up your ass.

Never said I was overweight, and you don't know me. I'm not fat in any way, just have a little extra I'm looking to get rid of. I don't stuff myself at every meal. "Feel full" == satisfied, but sorry I didn't use your ideal vocabulary. Different shit works for different people. Kindly go elsewhere, I didn't ask for your input.

Good day.

of course its about managing calories in. but there's ways to do it that doesn't make it seem like you're in a warzone every day. telling someone to JUST EAT LESS because of thermodynamics is misrepresenting facts about how the body functions and zoning in on one facet of nutrition and the body. telling someone that is the same as telling someone who's never welded before to JUST KEEP A STEADY HAND or telling someone who's never thrown a football to just DO WHAT TOM BRADY DOES. it's not untrue but it doesn't help.

i misread your post, i thought you were advocating eating more small meals a day. of course your appetite does go down over time if you start eating lesser.

not him, but I don't see why the concept of eating less is complicated. keeping weight off is hard as fuck but it's simple. the myth is that you can do it without any discomfort.

if you don't eat you are guaranteed to starve to death. so...you have to only partially starve to death. if it sounds unpleasant it's because it is.

>Take your opinion that you just wasted ten minutes typing out
It took about 60 seconds senpai, typing goes faster when your fingers aren't huge sausages.

>I'm not overweight but I'm fairly husky.
> it's just been impossible for me to try and lose weight.

This is fat person code for "I'm so fat and surrounded by family and friends who are fat that I'm incapable of identifying a healthy human being". You can cry all you want but at the end of the day, you're still a fatty looking for an excuse to absolve yourself of personal responsibility and I'm still in possession of enough willpower to not be a slave to my base desires. Even a dog can be trained to restrain itself from eating. Think about that. You have less self control than a dog.

>it's not untrue but it doesn't help.

>be me
>notice I'm becoming slightly overweight
>start eating less
>lose weight

I've been doing this my entire life. It's not hard unless you have absolutely no structure to your meals and just randomly shove food into your mouth all day. If you keep every other eating habit the same and just consistently eat a smaller breakfast than you usually do, you'll lose weight.

It's incredibly, painfully simple, but fat people have no self-control and refuse to accept this fact. The incredible mass of people trying to find some convoluted weight loss trick to absolve themselves of personal responsibility is a huge example of how shameless these people are. They're desperate to blame anything but themselves yet almost every time I've heard someone who successfully lost weight and kept it off talk about it, one of their main points is that the thing that made the biggest difference was accepting that their weight was entirely their own fault and their own responsibility.

>the myth is that you can do it without any discomfort.
this is what my initial post was about. keeping weight off has never been a struggle for me. that's down to genetics, how you were raised and your general understanding of nutrition. two of those you can't change, the third you can.

you could make bad decisions and make eating less calories than you're used to a battle that completely saps you or do things right and make it a daily activity that centers you. screaming CI/CO doesn't help anyone apart from the person smugly saying it.

>>calories in, calories out is not the entire equation
obviously there are nuances, but for practical purposes, calories in, calories out is all anyone needs to understand in order to manage their weight.

that's true for someone who has good eating habits already and needs to fine tune. someone eating a diet of burgers, fries and soda, isn't going to find it as easy to give up the fries. he might find it easier to replace the fries with collard greens though.

it's like when i started working out people would tell me to activate certain muscles while doing a movement and i would have no idea. that's because i wasn't naturally athletic and had little experience with physical activity outside kicking a ball around with friends. to someone who was those things it would have been as easy as breathing. but i had to look at youtube videos and do accessory exercised to just build those pathways. same deal with eating right when you've never done it before and have just tried to brute force your way through to eating less.

>waging a lifelong war against hunger
except hunger is all habit and expectation. If you ever actually managed to stick to a diet plan for more than a few days you'd find that your body's expectations adjust.

You know you're a real dick? Pipe down, Mr. Armchair, don't have a coronary here.

Welcome to the Midwest. Vast majority of us here were corn fed and raised on a food pyramid that consisted of big grain propaganda. I only learned that it wasn't accurate a few years ago, for Christ's sake.

Quit being a smug asshole.

Why was the image in the OP deleted? Why has this fuckass kissless virgin of a janitor been doing this for years now and no one saying anything about it? He arbitrarily deletes OP images constantly for no fucking reason.

> or do things right and make it a daily activity that centers you
but you said keeping weight off is genetically not hard for you. as a fat person who's been a lot fatter, I think it's harmful to sugarcoat the reality of losing weight. it sucks, but you'll do it or die of fatness.

T. Skeletal Warrior trying to weaken us fleshed brethren for the inevitable war

The milk doesn't make your bones weaker - your bones are just strong because you're active.

>Welcome to the Midwest
Fuck off, i'm from the midwest and i'm not fat. All the fat people I know are fat because there lazy and eat like shit.
>Vast majority of us here were corn fed and raised on a food pyramid that consisted of big grain propaganda.
You mean the same one the whole country grew up on? This is just some bullshit excuse trying to blame grain farmers for you stuffing your face with a costco size bag of cheetos because there made with corn.

Groovy, dude, go hug a rainbow.

Like I said before, you literally do not know me. Quit trying to play armchair expert and make assumptions about people you don't even know. Do you know my eating habits? What my diet is? What I have and have not tried in order to lose weight? You don't. Since you're so smart, what did I have for lunch today? Dude, quit being an asshat. Simply said.

...says the dumbcuck who fell for cheap (((dairy industry))) marketing schemes

>the trick is if you regularly eat less, eventually you just wont feel hungry as much

that's depression actually. You should probably get that looked at

>270 lbs
> eat 1200 calaries daily for 3 weeks
>+/- maybe 120 at most
>still 270 lbs
>walk to work daily, 30 minute vigorous walk
>spend all work day walking
>still 270
Checkmate, atheists

i bet you vastly underestimate your caloric intake because your a fat fuck that can't control himself around food

Just because it says "Diet" doesn't mean it's low calories.

Not him, but assuming that someone MUST BE cheating in their diet or vastly underestimating their caloric intake is just armchair bullshit.

>steady weight gain for 7 years
>tried dieting alone, figured all the apps I use just guess on calories and stopped trying that way
>go to doctor to see what she recommends
>doctor ordered a nutritionist furnished diet to help me lose weight
>follow it to the letter
>drop $800 on a new exercise bike
>use it vigorously 4 hours a day
>drink nothing but water and the occasional cup of straight tea
>go to doctor 6 months later for progress report and check up
>gained a few ounces
>she thinks I am cheating on my diet
>recommends a retreat
>go there for another 4 months
>they basically feed me a tweaked version of the other diet
>steady exercise, jogging around a track for a mile a day, using a bike for 2 hours, and lifting weights
>weekly weigh ins
>literally no change

Any comments?

>Brown rice isn't more nutritious than white rice
wrong
calcium does in conjunction with exercise, although there are healthier options than milk
no but it does create new flavors

>eating healthy is a bougie luxury
no

stop lying to yourself about what you eat fatty

I see its a programmed response of yours. Tell me, how could I lie about what I eat or cheat on a diet in a controlled environment like a retreat? The only access to food was through them, and they meticulously measured each serving and refused to allow even a calorie more than what is in your diet plan. For reference, it was about 1350 calories 2 months in.

I know logic isn't your strong suit, but try to wrap your brain around something other than your perceived reality for a second.

why is the file deleted?

>implying you can't sneak food into fat camp

Just become a alcoholic that should suppress your appetite enough to lose some burger weight and clean out the 25KG of half digested garbage stuck in your lower intestine and colon.

Fatty here
Your post is accurate, I stopped eating so fucking much in August and have lost over 50 pounds. Fatties just need to learn to stop loving food so much. I only eat if I'm hungry now and that means some days I eat literally nothing and I feel fine, not starving or anything

..eating before you go to sleep stops digestion. brown rice had more fiber makes the carb intake low, carbs cause your blood glucose to stay high causing your body to store fat sodium from table salt has been proven to cause high blood pressure kidneys to stop working right, sugar makes anyone hyper your body starts using it as fuel, eating 5 meals or more does boost your metabolism as long as its meat and foods high and fiber, milk has vitamin d and calcium wtf are you talking about

>>Carbs don't make you fat

But they do, carbs are essentially an energy boost and if not burnt off pack on fast.

Nobody says anything against browning meat, that would be retarded
But it doesnt lock in juices