How does it feel to know you will never be a published author...

How does it feel to know you will never be a published author? That your words will never be remembered outside of some hollow shitposts in a critique thread?

I'd bet a few Veeky Forumsizens have been or will be published.

The important question is how does it feel to be passionate about literature but never actually complete a project of ones own, only to die with your 401k and occasional family vacations.

The second line is why I write. I'm terrified of looking in the mirror as a middle aged man and realizing I never even hammered out a first draft. That any rough potential I may have was left to rot.

I wonder if any published authors browse here regularly desu.

but i am a published author

How did you do it user.

>VCU is now taking literally retarded black kids with 1.8 GPAs

>special ed
>1.8 GPA
>VCU grad
>best selling author
>black

There's so much meme material here to shitpost against different groups with I'm having a hard time deciding who I should fuck with first.

>shitty school takes shitty kids
It's not fucking UVA

I didn't mean to imply that it was a good school, I meant to imply that its already low standards were sinking even further

>tamekas new dress
>kid is dabbing on the left
whatever reaches the damn kids, get them into reading

Damn why do you have to be so negative OP, can't I just enjoy creating regardless of whether I'll be remembered for it?

>playing the negro for the college educated middle class

yikes

Drop some memes on me.

- worked in IT
- got asked to write documentation for new product
- turned out pretty well
- got asked to do more of the same
- gradually became full time tech author
- left company, became freelance
- got asked to write a few articles for tech magazines, websites etc as side project
- also turned out pretty well
- got asked to write some non tech related stuff
- my job is now full time freelance tech author with sideline in magazine writing for pocket money

p.s. forgot to mention i also co-wrote a couple of technical books

Good for him, at least he won't be a generic rapper singing about violence in the ghetto and muh white bitches.

It's distressing. I know I have no chances of being pubished because I don't even write fiction. I write poetry. Almost every time I have told someone i write poetry they ask if I am "romantic", if I am in love ot related stuff.

The University of Mr Jefferson is shitty in a different way

t. went to an in between school

I knew two people who went to VCU from my high school class

One dropped out and the other got stabbed at his frat party by some ghetto Richmond dudes

not much, but all I got is preview

tfw will be a published translator and will probably have co-writing credits on a published and performed play in the next year or two.

>went to a good school that happened to have a high acceptance rate
>~800 students entered in my freshman class
>people start dropping out because it's hard
>class gets whiter by the semester
>graduating class is around 200
>most of us got our schooling paid for by the plebs who went to the school because it was easy to get in