Redpill me on bread pudding. concept seems disgusting. is it?

redpill me on bread pudding. concept seems disgusting. is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/03/french-onion-strata-breakfast-casserole-bread-pudding-recipe.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RTu2TNNgtV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When it's made properly, it's amazing. But, a lot of people don't know how to make it right.

Bread pudding is probably one of the most delicious desserts out there. Might seem odd to some, but don't knock it 'til you try it.\, there's a reason it has the reputation it does.

Classic Louisiana dessert. You have to get it with a good bourbon sauce for it to be great though.

>When it's made properly, it's amazing

>one of the most delicious desserts out there.

>get it with a good bourbon sauce

Any recipes?

If I was a home, I'd knock out a few recipes for you to try, but I'm not.
Basically, you cut stale bread into large cubes (I like to toast the cubes gently under the broiler after, so every side of them has a crisp surface starting out). Then you make a custard basically, eggs, cream, a bit of brandy or other liqueur, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc. Some people like to put dried fruits like raisins in theirs, I prefer fresh fruit on top after cooking, my favorite is fresh peaches that have been lighted soaked in brandy. Anyway, you put the bread cubes in a buttered baking dish, sprinkle in your raisins if using, and then pour the custard mixture over it. Give it a few minutes to soak into the bread cubes, you don't want them to be dry in the center, or at the bottom. The you bake it up till it's golden brown and set. Let it cool a bit while you make a bourbon sauce (Some people like rum, but they're wrong). Then plate it, top with the sauce, and fruit if using , and you have an awesome dessert. Some people also put a little whipped cream on it, but that's just guilding the lily.

Thanks.

gilding*

Yeah, I know. My auto correct kept trying to change it into building, and I just gave up.

>concept seems disgusting
Are you also disgusted by french toast? Retard.

bread and butter pudding is better

What's the big difference? They seem pretty fucking similar.

There bebutter

>stale bread
>butter it
>make a custard
>pour said custard on butter bread
>put brown sugar and dried fruit on top
>put in oven dish and back for like a hour
boom

you can soak raisins in bourbon and mix it throughout the bread before adding the custard mixture.

I use raisin cinnamon bread when they have them on sale at the grocery store. i let it sit out til it's stale, mix whisked eggs and heavy cream with nutmeg, a tad more cinnamon, vanilla extract, sugar and pour it over the torn and layered pieces of bread, soak it in the fridge for about an hour and a half, pop it in the oven at around 370 for about an hour. bourbon caramel sauce is just butter, sugar and a little water in a sauce pan until you almost have the color you want, add the cream and bourbon and stir til everything comes together.

There's butter in bread pudding too.
I'm , and I forgot about the butter that you add because I was quickly typing from just memory. But yeah, bread pudding always has some butter involved.

i love bread pudding with a nice glass of port

What did he mean by this?

I love to make strata (savory bread pudding) when I have slightly stale homemade bread.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/03/french-onion-strata-breakfast-casserole-bread-pudding-recipe.html

i am actually saving a couple of stouts to try the next time i make bread pudding. what port would you recommend that would be relatively widely available?

>cake made out of sausage seems disgusting
>are you also disgusted by hot dogs? Retard
That's you, that's how you sound

I don't think you're very good at analogies

Not that guy, but that's not even an analogy. It's a comparison. How did I even get to this board? Why has no one even said something about toasting in an epic bread? Or has that joke gone stale?

God I wish I could sleep.

>Not that guy, but that's not even an analogy. It's a comparison.
a·nal·o·gy
əˈnaləjē
noun
a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

That's the fucking point. His analogy was terriblem french bread and bread pudding are not similar at all

Here is a properly made fresh local blueberry and coconut bread pudding. Pretty yummy

hnnnggg

How is the texture?

Thats just breakfast casserole with a fancy name.

But I make it all the time. Cheap, easy, and tasty. I'm not sure its really a "bread pudding" but I guess its based on bread, so okay.

Just five things required: bread cubes, some form of breakfast meat, eggs, milk, and lots of cheese.

My Nan, God rest her. Made the best god damn bread pudding ever conceived. Terry Crews' recipie is top tier, but nothing beats Nanny's bread pudding.

dub-trips confirm, port is an ideal pairing for bread pudding

He didn't say French bread, he said French toast. Which is near identical to bread pudding.

French toast
>Stale bread
>Soaked in a mixture of egg and milk
>Cooked
>Often served with sweet topping
Bread pudding
>Stale bread
>Soaked in a mixture of egg and milk
>Cooked
>Often served with sweet topping

The only differences to the base recipes are that bread pudding has cubed bread instead of sliced, is prepared in an oven instead of on a stove, doesn't drain off the excess liquid before cooking, and also adds sugar to it. They're extremely similar dishes.

I like rice pudding better.

Its actually enjoyable. Good example of necessity giving birth to something worthwhile.

Dilley dilley

The bread pudding I know usually looks like this. I usually like it dense and soft... But not wet

krispy kreme bread pudding

youtube.com/watch?v=RTu2TNNgtV4

most food concepts are disgusting. Like raw fish and curdled milk. Since there's nothing unsound about its components, you'd have to taste it first to judge it properly.

i've only had it once at a ronald mcdonald house
i didn't want to eat it because it looked gross but every one said it was great so i had some and it was amazing