ITT: Disappointing food

ITT: Disappointing food

That's a clos second, but it's still not dragon fruit.

They always look more delicious than they taste. Never been blown away by any method of cooking. Stuffed, grilled, fried. Meh. And if I have it cooked for me it's often dry.

The hell is wrong with you? Dragon fruit is like custard in a pretty bowl.

I fucking hate tripe. I've tried it so many different ways, even menudo tastes horrible. I enjoy pretty much anything, and since I've moved I really miss my jackfruit soup, but fuck tripe.

I had that. I wasn't disappointed, I just honestly didn't know what to expect. It tasted pretty good though.

it's just a fancy overpriced jelly cucumber

everyone was so hyped when these entered the german market

had this the other day at work
very little sweetness and flavour

Brine it overnight, 10-15% salt to water ratio (by weight), with just a tablespoon or two of vinegar. Salt both sides and then pan-sear with plenty of clarified butter. They keep changing regulations, but most pork is safe above 145, do not overcook. Do not stuff them because by the time the stuffing cooks, your pork will be dry; it also creates an uneven surface to cook with.

Not sure what kind of sauce you might want, if any, but I'm tempted to make something similiar to what I do for lamb. Some sort of jumpier and caraway sauce. Apple, rosemary, and fine cheese sauce sounds delightful as well.

Tonkatsu

>Tonkatsu
My mom just called that Shake n Bake growing up.

when it's very ripe it actually has a good flavour, weak but good flavour, but yeah, it's a bit disappointing

With tonkatsu sauce?

Also, those are chops, not tenderloin.

Man, I have a bunch of those growing out back. No idea they were edible!
I'll use some in a stew tonight.

Oh look. Another dish where Japan forgot to add the flavor.

Well I posted chops, not tenderloin, so.

>buying GMO starfruit
>buying any GMO fruit from 1st world grocers
>upset when they taste nothing like natural versions

For the record, the starfruit you get in the Caribbean is very sweet or very tart, depending on ripeness. The stuff they sell here in northeast USA though tastes like a lightly flavored water sponge.

holy fucking pleb

I'm not a fucked up, poor ass, zipperhead?

my bad my retarded senpai i got u covered, no worries

Don't really care for Udon

IMO, best way to cook pork chops is to braise them. Any configuration of apple juice/cider, mustard, cream, mushrooms, or BBQ sauce will work well. Just remember to sear them first, and when you're done, reduce the braising liquid to make a sauce and finish them under the broiler or on a grill.

If you don't like that, and you've done it correctly, you simply have bad taste.

Twinkies

I agree with double satan

The gods have spoken.

mutha fucka

undisputable fact

The Japanese don't like heavy spices, they prefer to taste the flavor of the thick worms in their soup.

Horned Melon sucked dick.

I bet my marinated Vietnamese bone in pork chop would change your mind. Marinate the hell out of pork. Like two or three days is fine if not better in my experience.

Only good with milk and still far from my favorite.

Udan noodles are kinda gross to begin with.

they look like they should be tastier than they actually are.

you just can't package pork rinds. they have to be freshly prepared and piping hot. just like french fries, they turn to total shit once cold and stale.

those are definitely shit, they are like rocks. try pic related, they actually are crunchy/puffy and tasty, a bit pricey though, like $3 or $4 for a small bag

Get the spicy version, they're infinitely better

i thought they'd be like less intense anchovies, they were surprisingly bland

is there a kind of cheap canned fish out there that tastes like a less-concentrated anchovy? or am i chasing the dragon here?

you gotta put hot sauce on those fuckers. i use a little mustard also and eat them with saltine crackers.

they taste bland by themselves, i put chilli pepper, garlic, etc to spice them up, or hot sauce, even curry powder. they're also good in spiced up marinara sauce

Is that ALL butter?

My dad would do this. He was /k/ innawoods all day so he would bring these, and some saltines with us, when we would go hiking, sometimes a whole onion too which he'd cut up with a buck knife and eat with the sardines. His breath was awful afterwards but damn I miss him.

What the fuck is your issue with anchovies? Next your going to go on about the neiborhood birds being a little gamey...

Get a load of David A. Rockerfeller over here who thinks he’s too good for sardines and mustard.

Huh the one I had was purple inside not white.
It was like a mild but slightly more tropical kiwi.

The seeds are the best part.

that sounds like a great memory to have of your ol man though. it's how my dad did it too. those and smoked oysters.

Don't do this, it makes mustard gas

yes

I remember reading about it in some article, they talked how it has this super awesome taste that can be compared to combination of various fruit, only to get an edgy cousin of cucumber.
It can work pretty good in fruit salads, mostly cause of the texture though.

I fry them with a fuck ton of onions in the pan at the same time

Makes the meat really fucking delicious for some reason

I love udon as a noodle style, but you're right. Real to life japanese cuisine is incredibly bland in general.

>Stuffed
how the fuck do you stuff a porkchop

Just rinse your anchovies in water before eating, they're still flavorful enough but you don't get a mouthful of salt

Cut a slit, work your knife back and forth, fill void with stuffing. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

>Oreo: 0 Hydrox: 1

White dragonfruit is shit, I've never had a good one. Dragonfruit has to be a deep, rich red to taste good.

White dragonfruit I think is the one where it's easiest to get plain ones.

The white dragonfruit plant in my yard always bore sweet fruit, but I ate some from the supermarket once and it just tasted bland and off.

Came here to post this

Nice

>Mixing colors
REEEEEEEEEEE

how the fuck can something with so much sodium in it taste so fucking bland?

>all brands of canned food are the same