Is it retarded to bake chicken in the oven elevated like this?

Is it retarded to bake chicken in the oven elevated like this?

Good idea. Keeps liquid off, so you don't end up with poached/boiled chicken.

You'll actually get some nice browning.

It could help it crisp up or brown more evenly by not having it sit in a puddle of liquid that came out of the chicken while it was cooking

add some water to that pan my dude

nothing better than steamed chicken

>steamed
Retard.

pan roast the shit so it sits in oil. hot oil = crisp.

well what else is the steam gonna do but steam the chicken?

Steam your mom.

If you want to be incredibly woke you'll put some chopped onions underneath the grate so they'll cook up in all the chicken drippings and be incredibly delicious.

Might need to grease the rack a little but should be fine.

Good call.

Gonna be a dry time if it's not cooking in its own juices

If you cook it hot, like 450 (which works great for chicken quarters) you'll be fine.

Plus with thighs/quarters/whatever with the skin it is pretty fatty and shouldn't get dry.

The meat will cook faster, but the bottom still won't brown well so you should flip once the top is done.

>onions cooked in chicken fat
this sounds horrific

You're either underage or stupid. Onions cooked in meat drippings are wonderful.

no, youre fucking stupid you meme faggot.

if you want to "COOK AN UN-YUN" I assume you mean lets sautee the onions.
So instead of sauteeing the onions to bring out their natural sweetness and savory flavors you choose to cook them in the blood, fat, and rendered tissue of a dead animal and you call that wonderful.
fuck you, seriously.

Haha do we have a triggered vegan on our hands?

if im eating an onion i want it to taste like an onion, not the meat. otherwise whats the fucking point.
sautee a fuckin apple in chicken fat if you want.

Well, you're really only cooking it in rendered fat, since you drain the blood before butchering and you've already eaten or separated most of the actual tissue. The fat will bring out the sweetness and accentuate the savory flavor.

holy vegan autism, batman

And you wonder why so many people think negatively of vegans. It's because of shit like this.

onions take on flavors and become something elevated. I had some spare jus from some french dips that I soaked onion slices in overnight and caramelized them, so damn good.

Vegan chimpout!
How is it better to eat the dead husks of plants you sick fuck? Because they don't have cute faces that make you sad when you kill them?

>drain fat
>eat fat

>wasting food because your understanding of cooking came from your mother who was always too "busy" to cook proper meals so you developed shit taste and wont try things out of your comfort zone

Im just commenting on the idea of draining fat from chicken just to eat said fat.
Why not just cook the chicken in its own fat like god intended? You can throw the onions in the pan with the chicken.

God intended food to be eaten raw, he doesnt know shit