Why does everything taste better out of a glass bottle?

Why does everything taste better out of a glass bottle?

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/fact-fiction-glass-liquid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has no, or at least far less, flavor than other vessels which you might use such as plastic, metal, and ceramics.

The leftover sand molecules (before they're converted to the periodic element glass) add several C vitamins that they've retained after sitting out in the Sun for so long.

The C Vitamins give a sugar-like taste to the drink in the glass bottle, enhancing the flavors of the beverage.

Oh fuck you got me, excellent bait 10/10

>sand
>glass

Retard alart

You do know what most glass starts out as sand, right?

You "retard alerted" about the only thing in the post that wasn't 100% made-up bullshit.

>periodic element glass

Glass is actually the glue left in matter after it is cooked at a high temperature for a long period of time without combustion. It isn't an element because it is in every molecule.

I think it retains temperature better, which affects the taste
>all that bs about vitamin C
what

>temperature
Exactly this. Same reason beer is better from a frosted mug and brandy is better from a warm snifter.

Temperature makes no sense here. A glass container could be of any temperature, as could a plastic one.

The only clearly separate characteristic between a glass container and another one is that glass is inert while plastic (or the plastic lining inside a metal can) will leach chemicals into the beverage.

glass in less reactive

No certified food container can be reactive, at least not with food/beverages

Glass isn't made from sand

Retard detected.

Silica user, not sand.

>Temperature makes no sense here

It's not about temperature exactly, rather thermal conductivity

Most good beer doesn't. Tastes better out of a wide-mouthed glass.

Placebo

Oh that's what they refer to as gluons, right? Sand is gluons? Makes sense.

I think everyone's overlooking the fact that bottle shape cause the fluid to spiral into your mouth, with the vortex achieving velocities that cause a phase shift just as the liquid enters your mouth.

And what is the most common source of silica we "mine" (for lack of a better term) out of the ground? That's right, sand.

>It's not about temperature exactly, rather thermal conductivity
I can see the point you're making, but I don't think it's true.

You can pour a glass-bottled beverage and a plastic bottled beverage into identical containers to drink from and the glass-bottled one will still taste different than the alternative even though they are both being consumed out of the same vessel (and therefore have the same effects regarding thermal conductivity from the drinker's hand)

toasting for glass-activated vitamin C gains shit's off the charts

That's not really true anymore, at least for beer and especially with clear glass bottles. Cans don't impart a metallic flavor anymore and they keep out more light and air which keeps the beer fresher.

Between you and the user that cant make the difference between cured and raw meat, I think I might lose it.

You still put your mouth on it though, unless you pour it into a glass.

They fit up your ass better.

Basically this phase shift has an imaginary component allows you to taste things not only in the time-domain (real world), but allows you to taste the frequency of the beverage in the z-domain. Gastronomy 101.

Which is also glass, mongoloid

Glass is a slow moving liquid so it blends ever so slowly with the liquid stored in it. That "better" idea you have, essentially derives from the fact you like the taste of glass.

Yeah, but the gluons being sent to another dimension happens so rapidly with a glass bottles that the flavor is altered nanoseconds before you consume it that it cannot be measured.

Silicon Oxide can be extracted from sand, is by fas the cheapest source of it even if it needs purification

Palim, palim.

It doesn't. I don't know what makes people this it does. Particularly beer is a pain to drink out of glass bottles.

Didn't Alton Brown do a video on this phenomenon? The Klein bottle effect or something?

You know that even if it's been violently rammed up some cheap whore's butthole, it is not porous enough to retain any of the smell or flavor after properly washing.

>Glass is a slow moving liquid

This is in fact true, they've studied 100+ year old glass panes from churches and such and over time, the glass slowly flows down thru the force of gravity, with the panes becoming thicker at the bottom and thiner at the top.

I thought that was in-fact false and the curved or thickened glass was from hand-crafting, and the larger/thicker piece was placed at the bottom due to common sense.

>I thought that was in-fact false

No, it's true. The differences thickness is too small to detect by sight/touch.

Its been debunked over and over.

This. Ya fell for the glass bottle meme

cuz it reminds you of sucking good dick

scientificamerican.com/article/fact-fiction-glass-liquid/

Some key quotes:

>Whatever flow glass manages, however, does not explain why some antique windows are thicker at the bottom. Other, even older glasses do not share the same melted look. In fact, ancient Egyptian vessels have none of this sagging, says Robert Brill, an antique glass researcher

>Why old European glass is thicker at one end probably depends on how the glass was made. At that time, glassblowers created glass cylinders that were then flattened to make panes of glass. The resulting pieces may never have been uniformly flat and workers installing the windows preferred, for one reason or another, to put the thicker sides of the pane at the bottom. This gives them a melted look, but does not mean glass is a true liquid.

Basically there is some vague grain of truth to it, but no, the windows aren't flowing downwards.

Yeah, I think this makes the most sense.

idk but it's truth

Part of it is carbonation. Plastic bottle are just porous enough to allow some CO2 to escape over time. So bottlers add a bit more CO2 when mixing the cola when filling plastic bottles. Glass doesn't have this issue. It's surprising how much of a difference the carbonation makes to flavor.

Pour both into glasses over ice and let them settle for a moment and the taste difference will mostly go away.

>people are really trying to give explanations as to why it ACTUALLY tastes better
Fucking idiots. It's psychological.

So why is is psychological then? Still tastes different doesn't it? Stupid cunt