Eating directly out of the pot

Is it that wrong to not bother plating food sometimes? Less dishes to clean, stays warm longer
Sure it's only decent if you're eating alone
But should I consider suicide if I've come to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/jcr/article-abstract/33/4/490/1790345
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i live with my SO and this is fine. we have no dishwasher so less to clean is good

Just the opposite. Everything you said is true, and eating from a plate is in fact wasteful.

Sad bachelor meals are best eaten over the sink.

>live with SO and can eat out of the pot
now I REALLY want to kms

but good on you for being efficient user

>over the sink
close, but for me it's more like
>make meal
>oh shit fresh
>half the meal is gone before it's finished
or I just make a sandwich while stuff is cooking and I'm half full by the time it's done
but desu I love this part of living solo

I did this as a student and still do this when I'm only cooking for myself. Saves on washing up, you just need something thick for the heat.

Fellow fem NEET here, I do it all the time but I bought a cute little pot (those vintage ceramic ones with flowers which grannies always have) for those meals so it still looks presentable for myself. You might find a work around for it with army dishes, Steve-style.

Tits or GTFO

If I hadn't told it, you would want to suck my feminine dick, which is haram. I just saved your soul, habibi.

Show us your cunt

I love cooking and do it almost daily, and I love thay I can meal plan with no hidden variables, but I really wish I could cook for more people and have conversation over food. Cooking isn't complete if it's not social.

Show feminine benis or GTFO

not even a NEET, just don't feel like bothering to make shit look pretty if I'm fine with it
same for just about anything, I only really clean before I have guests

oh sure, but we work with what we got man
and in our case what we got is a lack of people to cook for, tough shit, make it enjoyable for yourself at least

and frankly I don't regret it that much; there's been plenty of people who acted like it's unmanly to cook, and I've stopped bringing the very little baking that I make for that reason as well
so fuck most people, they can cook for their own sorry asses or order out if they're so cool; I only invite over friends who appreciate my capuccinos and cookies

>SO
What is this

Significant Other

Yeah but user, even you must acknowledge that you've become a jaded and bitter cunt.

Food tastes better with conversation. Music is a substitute, but not a great one. There's something about the sensory experience of earing combined with thinking and mental stimuli that leads to a wonderful and memorable time. And beyond that, cooking for another person challenges you to make food that suits someone else's palate.

I do have a roommate who I can sometimes coerce into trying my food (which he says he enjoys, and sometimes he gives a little feedback) but we never eat together. Alcohol and music to get through the meals.

Which is?

Spouse
Partner
Lover
Boyfriend
Girlfriend
Are you really this dumb?

>you've become a jaded and bitter cunt
NO THAT'S NOT TRUE Y-YOU'RE A NORMIE

Seeing how my roommate is a stuck-up cunt who'll grab a plate for junk food, I can only do this when home alone.

You might want to read that "no women on the internet" rule again.

>stuck-up cunt who'll grab a plate for junk food
Don't stick your filthy hands in the chip bag you dirty bitch

>Food tastes better with conversation.
No. The experience of eating is definitely better with conversation, but if anything you're not tasting the food as much because you're trying to take part in a conversation and multitask.

Fancy restaurants cook for you en masse in a big pot and then portion out into a decorated pot to make you feel like your plate was cooked for you individually.

I think you are a step up on the partrician's scale OP

>Food tastes better with conversation
Conversation has no effect on flavor

>tfw user says I'm patrician

A plate or bowl for chips helps with ease of access for comfy quiet nibbling while watching some movie.

You are probably that cunt who gets told to go to the other room because you keep playing YouTube videos loudly on your phone while the room is watching movie.

>But should I consider suicide if I've come to this?
Suicide is always a solution to all problems. It's what has been keeping me going so far.
If you want a good example of efficiency, I prefer boiling eggs, since during the cooling process I can wash out any foam or anything else in the pot, whereas fried may be tastier, but more of a hassle to clean.

The sensors (tastebuds) aren't affected by conversation. But the tasting signal gets jumbled with other signals, resulting in a novel sensory experience.

Okay, fair enough. I meant to say the dining experience is more rewarding.

I am a well known "upstanding" individual in my country as well.

You better wash that fuggin pot before you got to bed tho

>*citation needed

Don't forget that you already have a buzz going too.

the true irony being that even though I eat the pot every now and then
...I get a plate for the fries

I bet you have a real girl kitchen too, with fifty different spices and five kinds of pink Himalaya salt, but no sharp knife ... and you cut all your produce with a three inch parer

I'm an absolute degenerate
But if this thread will stay alive for another half an hour you'll get an "after pic"
Oh and in case you can't see, the sink is full as well

How does one consume a metal pot?

Interestingly after seeing this post I was thinking of the best way of making an edible bread bowl for a beef stew that my wife makes.

At least you have something to eat, somewhere to leave, someone to live with, etc.
Also, what the fuck is SPA water?

My cleaning lady was in today. But I haven't had a full-time (24/7) maid since 2004.

That's what my sink looks like on Sunday morning after boozing up for Friday and Saturday but if I am not boozing I have to be working so with people hard to contact on Sunday I use it to clean up the last couple days worth of nonsense.

Try looking into Balti Pasandas. A fucking awesome one pot curry style of dish (minus the sides) that leaves you with just the knife, chopping board, measuring utensils, eating utensils and pot to clean. Delicious as well.

Nah, I'm more the country-home-kinda girl, butchering pigs and chickens, so the only pink is watered out blood stains in the outer wall.

Then I must humbly apologize as I have never butchered anything ever so far.

academic.oup.com/jcr/article-abstract/33/4/490/1790345
I was just using intuition and my basic understanding of the human brain, but if you need to be spoonfed answers, here's something about how taste is affected by external stimuli.

It's completely fine. The reason you should consider suicide is that you actually care what people on this board think of the things you do when no one is looking.

It's not that hard. Grab a chicken, hold it on it's feet till it faints, place on a chooping wood, cleanly cut of its head in one swing.

Pigs are harder but tastier. Get piggu out, hammer hard at the top of its head till it spreads its leg from itelf and lies on the ground. Repead if need be. Cut throad, let bleed out (catch blood for sausage), hanf piggu on hooks at its legs, cut in two parts while removing organs and bowels (don't cut the shit sausages), let bleed out and hang for a day.

There, you have a great meal for the whole community.

Pro tip: let the chicken boil for a couple minutes after killing so the feathers go out easier.

She's a stuck up cunt AND plate for junk food. She could at least use a napkin and pour out her portion instead of using a plate you'll have to rinse of for chip crumbs

>someone to live with
wtf gave you that idea user I'm as solo as can be
SPA water is just the most popular brand of water around here (Netherlands) and I sometimes get the lemony one

>cleaning lady
I'm way too cheap for that

Also pic related was brought to you by Chet Baker, Miles Davis, and a glass of some great Aberlour whisky

>though I eat the pot every now and then
>how does one consume a metal pot
>he's never had a literal pot-roast
Veeky Forums pls

>eating directly out of the pot
pretty sure soldiers do that
its not wrong i guess, just dont eat it while the oil is boiling hot

Pretty sure you have no military experience.
Everyone uses retort pouches now.

I mean look at this fuckin sink man
It's lucky if it's this shiny once a month tops

Oh user...

canned soups and instant ramens I think its fine, I mean you're already eating quick and easy shit might as well save some dishes
but if you make some nice homemade spaghett or something and eat it right out of the pot chances are you're a piece of trash

In the spanish army they give you a tin thing that you heat up and eat directly from it

so. no citation. got it.

Wow, you are a colossal faggot.

I think it's a Reddit thing

No, not at all; I want to know if it's a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife.
This is the answer I was also looking for

I do it all of the time. I don't see why it would be bad. Not exactly classy, but I'm alone and it's not like the queen of England is ever going to be eating with me. I also just eat a sandwich right off of the cutting board (if I'm just having the sandwich itself) once I'm finished making it. It makes no sense to assemble it there, cut it, transfer it to another flat surface and then eat the meal and have another dirty item to clean.

yes. yes you are.

I'm glad there's people in this world who can stomach this process because I sure as shit could not.

>tfw you'll never have dinner with the queen of Bongland
why live

Dalek detected

>habibi.

Please go

It's really just realising that its how the world runs. Honestly the castration process is far harder for me to stomach, while not even having balls, than killing it, simply because I know that while they cut out the balls from day old piggus without pain medication, the slauthering is quite peachfull. The chicken faints into its death and the piggu doesn't even realise whats going on when the hammer hits it from behind.

Yeah, it's bloody but it's just blood and if you make clean cuts it doesn't look anything like a scene from Hostel. Especially as you let it bleed out before going further. I can recommend this experience to anyone. It really gives you new respect for your food. I haven't thrown meat away since my first kill.

some homo gayshit

Inshallah, my brother.

I think it's fine, but I live in Korea so in restaurants here you basically eat from the pot/pan since you usually cook the meal at the table

it is