What makes these little bastards so fucking worth going over-budget at the grocery store for?

What makes these little bastards so fucking worth going over-budget at the grocery store for?

What do you mean by going over budget are they really that expensive? What so special about some stuffed olives with carrots and peppers or chillies and onions

It's like 6 bucks for a big jar at the store I go to.

i know dude. You know, a fresh slice of bread with butter, olives and cooked broccoli tastes absolutely divine.

black olives > green olives

Over budget? It's like $2 for a very large jar of 'em here. Olives are 10/10, though. Salty, pleasing texture, slight amount of fat. I like getting the big ones stuff with garlic, which are definitely more expensive than the standard pimento stuffed ones.

>It's like $2 for a very large jar of 'em here.
well shit I live in NJ and I guess I am getting screwed.

You buy them for the two or three martinis you make before you say fucking it and just drink vodka and water all night long.

What store are you going to?

Depending on the store and the brand you can get them for $3-4 bucks.

Stop & Shop. I don't know the net weight offhand but it's a bigger jar.

Stop and shop is overpriced as fuck I hate going there its a horrible store, or at least the one near me is.

Shoprite is fine for middle of the road prices and decent stuff, and depending on your area spanish supermarkets have them cheaper.

Aldi

I mostly go there for convenience as it's like two minutes away by car, but yes their prices aren't the best. I guess I can't complain if I'm paying for convenience, or maybe I should just buy olives elsewhere when I run out.

>Aldi
I have one of those near me too but it never has parking.

Olive bars are a better value desu.

>Olive bars
Do they still have those? All the supermarkets shut olive bars down due to hygiene. Little fucking hellspawns would play in the brine.

try a kalamata olive kid

Olives are great if you pick and cure them yourself. Store bought are trash.

>Olive bars are a better value desu.
They're usually pretty damn expensive per pound at the local stores, and the food safety seems generally questionable, even at top-tier grocery stores.

Nicoise and castelvetrano are my two goto for charcuterie/cheese plates.

love that buttery castelvetrano.

So addicting

just had me some pimento stuffed spanish olives, with some green peppercorn salami, smoked salmon, and a baguette. excellent snack

try the ones stuffed with anchovies, nug.

theyre shit, only hipster douches and women buy them

>t.hipster douche woman

>Attaching ideological platforms to food purchases.
Crawl out of your /pol/ hole and take a day in the sun you fucking sperg.

>don't attach ideologies to people you don't know
>...also, go back to fucking /pol/

I don't know, I just LOVE those fuckers.
I expect I could be of some help.

I said food purchases not people you fucking retard.
Learn to read.

I like getting the whole ones with the pits in tact, that way I don't have to fuck with pimentos, the texture of those little red cunts bother me.

Also green olives is a great pizza topping

olives are more addictive than drugs

i thought olives were fermented grapes

>this is the absolute current state of Veeky Forums

Green olives taste like trash in my mouth compared to the glory that is Kalamata Olives. Though green olives are fucking amazing when stuffed with blue cheese.

Wine is fermented grapes.
Olives are little salty orbs of deliciousness

what happens if you pickle a grape

This thread is making me crave olives.

Canadian with Slav heritage, fucking love olives eat them right from the jar with a fork. Gotta get that sodium

mmmmmf

>stuffed olives
>pitless olives

majestic casual over here

Honestly people just don't appreciate olives the same way and intensity that I do.

Blue cheese stuffed green olive is a great martini garnish. I order the dirty martini FOR those damn olives when I’m out

Teach me to love olives. I like vinegar and pickled stuff, but olives taste like a sour grape. Describe to me their wonderful taste?

Aww, is the little canadian afraid to stick his hand in cold water?

Just cured a batch for myself. Just salt and a little garlic for flavor.