How do i respond when my parents ask me "what is the point of reading all those books"...

How do i respond when my parents ask me "what is the point of reading all those books"? I always get btfo by just that one question Veeky Forums, help out a bro here please

I dunno man....I'm pretty stumped myself. Your parents got some strong stuff...

what is the point of spending their precious last free hours as human souls on Earth watching NCIS and 2 Broke Girl reruns

I dunno, what?

there's no point except it's you and it's work which are the only two things that matter.

watching TV is not work and kissing pretty girls is not you, so what better thing is there to do

Fucking deep bro....that's fucked up a monkey came up with that.

>frogposter
>reading
something's amiss

fucking kek'd

killer motivational. OP's parents btfo

"I want to"

Just start shitting in their shoes. Kind of passive aggressive, but worked for me to get them off my ass

Selfbetterment?
Understanding more than common folks.

/thread

The George RR Martin quote is pretty good actually.

Other than that, if "I enjoy it" isn't enough for them you should murder them all. Life in prison is better than that shit.

I just read to help me bring about communist rupture.

He's clearly not reading so it's funny you'd say that

"It's a hobby"
hope that little cunt dies this season

"well, what's the point of [watching tv]/[playing games]/[whatever tf your parents waste their time doing]?"

Use it as an opportunity to go on a nihilistic screed. It doesn't matter if you are actually a nihilist or not. The main thing is tobe as obnoxious as possible and act as though your parents are nihilists.

>user whats the point of reading all those books

You make an excellent point. So many philosophers found final sanctuary and purpose in the pursuit of knowledge and human understanding; yet even this can be given over to the total absurdity when its pursuit has just become another pedestrian hedonism. That's some dark shit mom and dad :^)

"What do you mean?"

Your parents are autistic. You either kill yourself or suffer until they die.