What are some books with snarky smartass protagonists who believe they're better than everyone else?

What are some books with snarky smartass protagonists who believe they're better than everyone else?

desu

Most american novels from the 20s onwards

Das Kapital

most of dostoyevsky t b q h

my diary desu

A Confederacy of Dunces

Yeah Crime and Punishment

Atlas Shrugged
The Fountainhead

This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

raper in the rye

Several books by Nabokov. Pnin is probably his only likable protagonist.

Bukowski and Hemingway fit well

My life

Enchiridian. Fucking Stoics think they're better than everyone.

The Jason chapter

The Prig who loved to Frig - James Joy

He's correct tho

atheists are notoriously snarky smartasses -- Jesus was a weeper

I don't like protags who think they're better than everyone else. I just like the protags who won't let people tell them they can't be as good as them. Bold protags who won't take shit, not from anyone, no matter who they are.

my diary desu

like this guy?

Any YA novel ever

>Still dividing characters into he like/dislike hierarchy
Worst way to read a book desu. See the characters as who they are, extrapolate on the consequences of their personality and actions, and never put off reading book when you don't like the main character. There should be several other reasons for why you read or don't read a book

Narcissistic protags do nothing for me too. Mainly because everyone in real life already has their heads far up their own asses, only in varying degree. It's like reading a book about opening a water bottle, it's fucking predictable and boring.

>muh crystal bowl

>pic not related

Great Expectations, although by the end of the book Pip undergoes something like a reformation.

first thing that popped into my mind desu