Name a more versatile spice. Pro tip: You can't

Name a more versatile spice. Pro tip: You can't.

Salt and Pepper? Get the fuck out of here retard

Thats not cumin

garlic

Is this tumeric?

coriander is the best spice. Don't believe me? Add it to your next roast and thank me later.

turmeric*

Ffs sometimes I can't stand cumin. Only enjoy it as a hint, not as a main flavor. Does anyone else feel this way?

Pepper.

Kum in
Koom in
Kyoo min
Kuh meen
Koo meen
Kyoo meen

I find myself using paprika a lot.

Correct, if this counts.

Guessing you dont eat a lot of greek/middle eastern/mexican food huh?

Q-men

Cayenne.

Eat a ton of Mexican and Indian food actually. I live in S Texas. In the Jalisco and Tamaulipas quisine that I eat at restaurants, the only cumin rich food I've eaten was ground beef in an enchilada, taco, or Chile rellano. Even then it was toned down; with the main flavors being buttery and garlic rich.

If you noticed it, it wasn't toned down.
I have to use like 2 tablespoons of cumin to even get a light taste of it in my carnitas.

Thank you user this is the first time that a spelling correction has actually helped me. Been pronouncing it wrong the whole time.

On that note, how do you pronounce brioche? Is it bree-yoetsh or bree-yo-chay?

Yikes why even use it? I can't stand the stuff and never cook with it, so idk how much is too much. It seems extremely easy to overdo.

Cuz I like it, its actually weird you think theres ever too much. In my potato tacos I use so much cumin.

t. chef john

I used 2 tablespoon in 3 lbs of meat today for my classic chili con carne, it's still a background note. How much meat do you use in your carnita recipe?

Kill yourself.

Fuggin kek

Back on the topic of turmeric though, I start my rice (basmati) by soaking it for an hour, then add gratuitous tumeric, some salt, chili powder, olive oil and mustard seeds. Makes the best damn rice, real long flavourful grains which works elegantly as a base for stir fries, soups, and even on its own garnished with some fresh dill and crushed nuts.

there's a shitload of cumin in Indian and Mexican food

do you use white or brown basmati?

Even though cumin is not my favorite, I can say that potatoes compliment it's flavour nicely as long as there is enough salt. It becomes offensive to me if it's any more than a slight undertone in meat.

Isn't curry powder a mixture of spices? like Turmeric and some other stuff

Not that user but the correct way is bree-yo-sch

Oops. Ignore that C

White desu

same here, brown basmati always gets fucked up

It is a mixture of spices, all of them of suspicious origin. Meaning no two blends are the same. You cant even really call it a spice when its has anything and everything, or varying potency, in it. It could range from godlike to shitty with undefined ingredients.
THIS African-american knows whats up. Truly the magic ingredient.

Yeah I know. I know. I should phrase it as the following: when a dish is a little overdone with garlic, saffron, salt, pepper what have you I can still finish the meal, because it still usually has merits I can enjoy. However, when cumin crosses that line from tasteful undertone to in your face, it completely ruins the dish/ entre/ whatever for me.

Thank you. I made my pronunciation spelling entirely too German lololol

2-3 pounds, depending on how good the pork shoulders looks at my local store, so sounds like we're tasting something similar.

Never used it before!

There's a lot of fucking cumin in small-franchise tex-mex food. While it's commonly added to rice in Mexico, these restaurants add it to abso-fucking-lutely everything in an attempt to make everything seem closer to authentic Mexican food, while in reality, these fucks have conditioned Americans to believe that everything that is Mexican has lots of cumin in it. It's now its own kind of cuisine. Cumin is a strong spice in minute amounts that it just kills the inherent taste of everything else when misused. It's the carfentanil of Tex-Mex cuisine.

i just heard about fentanyl this year and now theres something more powerful??

It's fucking nuts isn't it? Why go through all the trouble to legalize euthanasia when you can simply have the Chinese produce it and ship it to your homeland for cheap.

Thread\

Yup, been around forever just making a resurgence in the streets. That vial contains the lethal dose which can be absorbed through the skin and make you OD on contact.

Curry powder is not a spice, it's a mix of spices.

Curry powder is a mix of spices. There's no set flavor for curry. That's a cop-out choice.

It contains cumin. So yes, it is in part cumin. And coriander.

Anyone else here like Jamaican curry chicken? I eat it all the time, it's soo good

Sugar.

Curry is a mixture of traditional spices depending on where it is made
You fucking idiot etc.

Smells like armpit. Tastes like ass.

>Tastes like ass
You would know