Spices

After Ras El Hanout and Za'atar, what's the next meme spice I need to try?

Where'd you get the zaatar (no apostrophe, my friend) from? Usually the mixture and taste depends on region.

Ras el Hanout is a family-to-family whatever you want.

East European spices seem to be ignored for now, as do some Scandinavian ingredients. South America has some fun shit, but none of it is shelf-stable.

Just a supermarket. First time trying it, but i'm curious to make my own blend next time.

Any recommendations of those?

Hing

>but i'm curious to make my own blend next time.

Why? The best blends are made with local wild herb ingredients and have long shelf lives. Making it yourself would be worse.

5 spice

make your own curry powder, incl make your own garam masala

white peeper

t. beta faggot

YEAH WHY ACTUALLY TRY TO DO SOMETHING WHEN YOU CAN NOT TRY. NOT TRYING SO MUCH MORE REWARDING AND FUN.

good advice, u fucken pile of shit

Sumac?

Garam masala or Chinese five spice if you haven't already, otherwise just buy a big bag of paprika online and use way too much of it in everything you make for a couple weeks

Try making a Jamaican jerk rub and grill some pork

If the blend is pre-ground then it has a short shelf life, not a long one.

>>Making it yourself would be worse.
Utter nonsense. By making it yourself you have full control over the different ingredients in the blend. You can adjust the ratios to suit your preferances rather than being stuck with what the maker provided. And in my experience that's a good thing: most spice blends tend to short-change you on the more expensive spices used in the mix. For example, if you're buying curry powder it's rare that you get enough (if any at all) cardamom and saffron in the mix. By making it yourself you can make sure that it's exactly where you want it.

>wasting time doing pointless bullshit instead of spending it on something more worthwhile
Yeah, sure, I'll get right on that, chief.

>lemme tell you how to make your middle eastern dish which has been developed and perfected over 1000 years

Why are Americans so insecure and egotistical? Okay cletus and billy bob, I'll play your game. Start by listing the ingredients for zaatar.

inb4 you look it up on wikipedia or someshit and thus get it wrong

off top, wild thyme, sumac, fucken sesame. it's not hard.

u niggas are no fun.

wrong. back to the mcchicken thread, faggot.

sumac

we got an official sandnig right here, bros. he knows all 11 herbs and spices.

You keep calling people niggers, are you autistic or just sub 80 IQ? Don't proclaim you can make something better if you can't even name half the ingredients, Amerishart.

def autismal

first off, I'm currently not trying to make that shit, so who cares if I know the exact ingredients, you miserable fuck.

second, who said anything about making it better? the act of trying to make something is educational/rewarding. Zaatar at the syrian place in my hood is prob better, but if OP wants to try to make it, does it, and has fun cooking, and maybe learns something and buys some neat ingredients, then what is the problem?

it's bitches like you enforcing boundaries all the time that make everything unfun. why try to make boeuf bourguignon when there is a french neighborhood that will do it better?

relax bro. go suck your own dick til climax or something.

*french neighborhood restaurant

Yeah, I'm not reading that shitpost.

4 decides what I read.

Please go shower, you're being smelly.

Send bob pls see vagnina: the post

did you just confuse the levant for india? wew lad, are world maps banned in middle america because they aren't 'flat earth' friendly?

they're all subhumans to us muricans. enjoy your gilded, unstable hovel, u murderous philistine

le euroredditor strikes again

Baharat

>durrr being willfully stupid is gud durr it Veeky Forums durrrrrr i am such a memester durrrrrrr

fucking nigger

I SEE YOU ARE A MAN OF HIGH IQ. LET US AWAY TO THE FAIRER CLIMES OF /R/FOOD WHERE PATRICIANS LIKE OURSELVES CAN DISCUSS OUR FASCINATING NOTIONS.

Mace and Fenugreek

vadouvan

could be worse, could be american.