For those that live alone and have no friends/family; what do you do/eat on Thanksgiving...

For those that live alone and have no friends/family; what do you do/eat on Thanksgiving? I'm thinking of just getting a chicken potpie and soda from KFC. Is KFC even open on Thanksgiving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aeyt9vV_VZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm making a turkey with gravy, dressing, and something with the tomatoes and squash I'm growing. Gonna polish it off with a couple bottles of wine and relish in the thought of not having forced conversations with family I don't care about. It's comfy.

dont support places that are open on thanksgiving or on holidays

I'm gonna sit in my room and post on Veeky Forums or play a videogame. Maybe I will muster up the willpower to have some alcohol saved so that the day will feel special. I'm not going to eat anything Thanksgiving themed. I don't really like thanksgiving/christmas food.

This is the first year my family's out of town without me and I'm stoked to be able to make my own food and not have mayonnaise pineapple ritz cracker casserole for once in my fucking life. My menu is going to be:

>poutine
>lima beans
>garlic green beans
>deviled eggs
>garlic rolls
>giant turkey drumstick
>chestnut pie

If you're still a sadsack and not using this as an excuse to pig out without anyone else's judgement, that's on you.

Just cook something that you like to eat and treat it like any other day of your miserable existence.

I do whatever I do every other day
The whole point of these holidays is to get together with a bunch of people and eat and drink, if you're going to be alone why bother "celebrating" shit

>mayonnaise
Damn, and here I thought the cheese, pineapple, and ritz casserole was weird.

youtube.com/watch?v=aeyt9vV_VZI

It's so bad, I can't begin to describe how bad it is. Everything from the classic bad casserole is there but the mayo takes it to a whole new level.

i just drink by myself usually, dont eat anything special. this year i think i may be able to see my sister though

>click play
>old guy
I can't take it this is gonna make me feel so bad

I'm going to ride my bike to Vancouver, Canada and eat a shit load of Chinese food. Hopefully being in Canada will make me forget about how lonely I am.

KFC is open on thanksgiving, and is actually selling whole turkeys. I plan on getting one to see what it's all about.

$80 for a 10 lb bird and 2 sides but fuck it, I'm single and loaded. I'll make a thread on Veeky Forums when I get it.

>10 pound bird (15-20 servings? idk how much turkey ppl eat)
>2 KFC sides (2-4 servings total)

pretty sure they sold out of these already, it's a preorder thing

Grabbing a few things. Fully turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, bread rolls, cranberry sauce, 2 bacon cheese burgers/fries, and macaroni and cheese, maybe a package of hotpockets too

This 100%
Always feel awful for people who have to work on Thanksgiving :(

wholefoods is doing the same thing for about $150. an entire thanksgiving feast made to order.

I'm just going to drink gin all night.

Having worked a store, the day before thanksgiving is somewhat worse, it's fucking nuts.

Me too. But what are you having for Thanksgiving?

I'm going to make a turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, and a pie. I'll have lots of leftovers, so many I'll probably have to toss some of them, but whatever. It's comfy.

I hope I don't cry this time. I've been having a harder time being alone during the holidays lately. I used to not mind.

You're really cute and it made my shitty day where I had to leave somewhere to be alone cuz it was so isolating being around them. A stranger loves you tonight and I promise I can think about you on thanksgiving so you don't be totally alone

Thanks user. That's very comforting. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Thanks, I hope you do too.

I recommend you hang out with your euro internet friends drunk and eat frozen pizza and pretend you forgot it's a holiday, I'm a bong but that's what I did on halloween

>tfw this thanksgiving will be 20 years since mom got cancer

did you just assume my splendor?

>fuck

i'm sorry to hear that. i'm going through some shit myself.

i come to Veeky Forums to try to forget it all.

This year I will be driving I assume. Before I became an otr driver I used to get the meal at krogers and get really drunk. Now that I don't drink, I guess if I wasn't working I would probably volunteer at a poor people handout buffet.

ITT: autists who can't into empathy or the bare minimum of social skills

It's not hard to make a friend or two that invite you to thanksgiving dinner, pussies

>I work retail so I'll be working Thanksgiving and Black Friday
>Family lives 2 hours away
>Already lost my grandmother about 6 years ago
>Grandfather is holding on for now
>I'll be missing one of the few Thanksgivings I have left with him
>Single
>Roommates work in food service, will be leaving town for Thanksgiving
>Still emotionally processing a breakup from 3 years ago
But God dammit, at least I have a D&D group that plays at least every two weeks

>Still emotionally processing a breakup from 3 years ago
Jesus, man. Get it together

What's the cut off time for it being a healthy amount of time to really get over someone?

No no no, we must support so there is somewhere to go.
There are a lot of bars where I live (pittsburgh) that will open on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I assume it's so their patrons can have somewhere to go and see other humans who have no one. Otherwise we would just sit alone and peer into the deep pit inside ourselves.

I’m very nearly there. The first year was hell. The second year was rough. Now I’m getting there.

retail doesn't pay enough for that kind of ennui.
work at a museum. it's also minimum wage most of the time but they close.

>Normie-tier

It must be nice submitting to social norms and living a life of lukewarm happiness, and little consequence.

I'll retain my reclusive hermit status, thanks.

I come to Veeky Forums because I have been forgotten.

i'm working on thanksgiving, but i work with dogs lol. We get paid our normally salary plus half of that. since i get 10 an hour i will be getting 15/hr. i'm pretty far away from my family right now so i dont mind

>made to order

user, I'm not sure we're both on the same page here

I'm going to make something ham based, like a croque madame, a side dish of country-style green beans and ham, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Don't fall for the poultry meme.

I worked holidays when I used to work at Walgreens. Some of the customers there gave me tips.

I laugh when people say Black people dont give tipa. Clean up your attitude you entitled cunts.

so you want me to just hole myself up and literally not even go outside, all because of you fucking normies and your stupid holiday? How about you eat your turkey and hug your family members and stop worrying about what I do?

I do whatever I feel like, but I make sure to have some food around the house because major holidays can be a nightmare if you need something from a store when nothing is open. Don't even count on KFC unless you check that it's open ahead of time.

Please don't. My heart can't take too much more.

Bite me, faggot. I want the extra hours and the overtime.

Well, last year for thanksgiving I sat in a house, squatting, and had instant mashed potatoes with parsley in the water I microwaved because that's the only food I had.

You estimate anywhere from 1-2 pounds per person for turkey/ham usually.
I'd say that meal would feed like.. 4 people tops, imo.

Real talk: there's no timeline for grief. It could last a second or a lifetime.

What a wonderful exchange.

it lasts as long as you allow it to.

This year I'm working on thanksgiving. Thank god. I don't even know why I keep going at this point.

>>Family lives 2 hours away
Maybe it's a California thing, but a 2 hour drive is very doable, both ways in one day if needed. You sound depressed, visiting family is worth the drive, it should help with your mental health as well.

probably some neckbeard brony talking to himself

I guess this is basically the same as OP, but I don't have any surviving family and my friends tend to fly home for thanksgiving / christmas.

I've always just sorta tried to treat it like any other day but everything feels really empty and I get depressed.

Any thoughts or tips?

I'll be at work. Probably order Boston Market and eat in my cubicle.

Booze. It doesn't help, but you can trick yourself into thinking it does before and after the first couple shots. Then things get worse.

Try not being a little bitch? Life is suffering and it's just another day. Keep moving.

That doesn't really seem like an optimal solution at all.

Maybe I should go on a hike, or something. I think maybe it's the inaction that kills me.

Chinese food duh.

Chink places usually close on Thanksgiving, the small Mom and Pop ones usually do. Its the only day we're closed out of the whole year at least.

t. white piggu who works at a chinese restaurant

Thanksgiving is just another day of the week.

Europoor here, wasn't thanksgving like a month ago? Don't laught.

Nah. I mean, yes in Canada apparently, but in the USA it's the fourth Thursday of November.

fuck you I'm going to have to work like 13 hours on thanksgiving because no one else will fucking work on holidays
I don't even have a family or anything to do I just don't want to have to cater to assholes all day on a holiday

Interesting, is there a reason why it's so late? I mean it's just the anglospheric "giving thanks for the good harvest" festivity, which should logically be at the end of the years harvest, which is around october. In germany it's the first of october as well for "Erntedank".

>my arbitrary and personal preferences must rule the land!
Fuck off, normie

>trad thxgiving meal sans family
sad t bh

That's retarded

Family in the current year is cancer and you are a faggot

where do i buy one of these/