Can Veeky Forums tell me what are the greats books in brazilian literature? Beyond Machado de Assis...

Can Veeky Forums tell me what are the greats books in brazilian literature? Beyond Machado de Assis, because he is already too popular.

Vidas Secas (Graciliano Ramos)

O Tempo e o Vento

City of god

Portuguese is the supreme language for poetry. And poetry must be read in the original language.

So, if you understand Portuguese: Augusto dos Anjos, Olavo Bilac, Alphonsus de Guimarães

And stay the hell away from Manuel Bandeira

this. also, the devil to pay in the backlands, by guimarães rosa.

those 2 + assis would make my brazilian meme trilogy

The Alchemist

t. 8 year old kid

Try ''Grandes Sertões: Veredas'' By Guimarães Rosa

Clarice Lispector is a good pick too

João Ubaldo Ribeiro, Lima Barreto. Jorge Amado is important too, although I don't like him.
Cruz e Sousa is also terribly underrated.

José de Alencar

Where the fuck is Pessoa?

He's retard, but not that much.

OP asked for brazilian literature.

Three biggest br books are Os Sertões, Grande Sertão Veredas and Dom Casmurro.

Pic related is another Brazilian literature chart, but this one is in Portuguese

It recomends Jorge Amado. Oh LORD please give me the strength so that my love for man does not falter.

Uncultured pleb here, tell me about Jorge Amado, why does he trigger you?

Imagine Dickens but considerably worse.

Not bad at all then.

I've got that dom casmurro edition, hideous cover

>dalton trevisan
>tfw live in curitiba

comfy desu boys. always had that feeling
>ywn grown in the street of dublin and read joyce's books
well, I have grown in the streets of curitiba and can read dalton's books. not nearly as good as joyce, but still good.

more people should appreciate their country's literature

OP, are you there?

Jorge Amado is the kind of writer that you find really good when you are a teenager but when you read it again a few years later you understand that is average.

This

also, dalton trevisan is like a brazilian pynchon. +90 years old, hates being stopped by people on the street. often goes out with some sneaky clothes to eat in his favorite vegetarian restaurant. only diference is he is not barely as known as pynchon, 1 out of 10 people would know who he is, even if they could recognize him.

>pic related his house
still haven't caught him walking around