Does anyone here actually read for FUN?

Does anyone here actually read for FUN?

It seems like everyone's just posting like a bunch of redditors trying to impress everyone with the size of their dick- WAIT I'm sorry- I meant "booksize" because that's clearly the only defining factor of a novel's quality. That and the fact that it was published before 1969. These seem to be the only two measures anyone here recognizes a book as worth reading.
Just from the front page:
>someone mocking a Pulitzer winning book
>FOUR shitposts about philosphy
>shitposts about women literature

Fucking wow, and you people think you're not like reddit at all.

Is there any place out on the net that actually TALKS about books or is this nadir of humanity the best there is to offer?

r/books reads for fun m8

No. This is Veeky Forums. We read for misery.

There's nothing wrong with Ellen Hillenbrand, user.

That is, if you're a fag or a girl.

>reading
We collect books for shelf threads.

sage in all fields

Nope. We just shitpost about how we don't read for fun.

I read because I have a voracious appetite for knowledge which stems from a crushing fear I don't know as much as intelligent, competent men, or couldn't handle the world in my current state, or some variation of these fears - fears which go largely unnoticed by me as they are suppressed beneath an incredible veneer of fearless curiosity.

We all know you are a plebbitor, faggot.

Lol. Veeky Forums. *Insatiable is a better word, less aggressive more accurate.

I read for fun but discussing books is fun as well. Philosophy is boring to me unless someone posts something so inane it makes me want to strangle them. I do like to read what other anons have to say.

I actually read very little and care more about theology in non-literary artistic mediums (specifically visual and musical).
>nadir
You learned of this word in the last few months, I know this because I've never once heard or read it before these last few months, and now I hear or read it fairly often. Please don't use trend-words. Try to be, at least, a bit reactionary.

I don't even know what having fun means anymore.

I do. lit drives me up the fucking wall.

I heard that reading was supposed to be fun, but it wasn't and I'll never be trying it again

Fun? You mean compulsion?

>does anyone here read for fun?
Your question was a little too detailed.

What you're looking for is "does anyone read here?" And the answer is "no".

I read for fun.
But I don't count textbooks as 'reading'

Well, I read for fun, but Classics are the most fun. I probably had most fun reading Shakespeare.
Maybe to transfer that thread to Veeky Forums terms to make it more understandable.

Does anyone here actually exercise for FUN?

It seems like everyone's just posting like a bunch of redditors trying to impress everyone with the size of their dick- WAIT I'm sorry- I meant "musclesize" because that's clearly the only defining factor of a fitness quality. That and the fact that it includes dumbbells. These seem to be the only two measures anyone here recognizes a exercise as worth doing.
Just from the front page:
>someone mocking a crossfiter
>FOUR shitposts about height
>shitposts about being fat
Fucking wow, and you people think you're not like reddit at all.

Is there any place out on the net that actually TALKS about fitness or is this nadir of humanity the best there is to offer?

>from the front page
Just go back to 9gag already

>Just because you read books that are actually good means you must not be having fun

What do you mean by fun? Honestly, because it's not always the same thing as enjoyment or satisfaction.

It my estimation, reading isn't inherently fun, it takes a lot effort and concentration. But it can be more enjoyable and satisfying and rewarding than almost anything else. I read for those things, but not for fun.

If you want to talk about books make a thread about a book instead of some meta-thread about Veeky Forums being the "nadir" of literary discussion. You can't even ask a half decent question, so who are you to judge?

he probably is using nadir because he learnt it recently, but the reason why you think it's a common phenomenon of the past few months is probably more the baader meinhof effect than learning it from linked sources.
look up zenith if you want to get one up on the nadir only crowd, and on equal footing with a 15th c navigator