Hello, I am looking for books written by autistic authors. These can either be non-fiction or fiction...

Hello, I am looking for books written by autistic authors. These can either be non-fiction or fiction. Moreover I was wondering what could be classified as an autistic style of writing. Does it focus less on characters or is it simply unrealistic from a social perspective? From what I have gathered in medical literature an interest in reading and writing seems more common in autistic women. I would already include most fan-fiction in this list.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2A1qYpp4HA
youtube.com/watch?v=09MzaJVH5b4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does Sonichu count? It's quite an interesting look at the psyche of an autistic man.

the sonichu comics are an unironically good look into the mind of an autistic child. My friends in hicap and I did the same shit.

The only difference is I stopped doing it around the time I turned 12 and look back on those memories and laugh/cringe instead of thinking I've always been a creative genius.

I think the Sonichu comics provide an interesting counterpoint to the idea of "Death of the Author" where the work is so inextricably linked to the author's life.

Yeah, I would definitely include material like that as the most obvious answer but I'd be more interested in finding out about more (seemingly) coherent thoughts. Another insight into a more handicapped mind are the books by Temple Grandin, a former non-verbal and autistic woman. She currently is one of the leading experts in designing slaughter facilities for cattle.

I watched a movie about her one time that was pretty good

I love her. I always use her as an example for change vs. activism.

Lovecraft.

Which is what makes it so childlike, one of the marks of a good author is that he knows how to create the illusion of distance, they can make you feel like the work is separate, they make the reader work to connect the man and his work, and connect each work together to paint a picture of the mind of the man.

Children tend to do the exact opposite, their works are very close to their lives and they generally see nothing wrong with this. They don't have the emotional depth that only comes through experience that is required to create and narrate a character that interacts with the world differently than they would. Chris's work takes this to the extreme, literally self inserting to the point where he becomes more important than the titular character.

That's what's so strange about the work imo, even most autists I know eventually develop something like an adult level of emotional intelligence while Chris seems to be sitting at about 10 years old on that metric even though in other areas, he has managed to grow.

I find it great that she stepped forward in order to advocate for more eugenic measures towards autism. There is a lot of pain involved in this community for both the patients and the people who care for them and too much taboo adn whitewashing about the thoughts and feelings of people affected by it.

>in other areas, he has managed to grow
eh

He weighs more than he did when he started making sonichu

True.

Yeah, this is generally true for any such illness. It's hard to admit- I do, when the topic comes up, I'll say, "I couldn't raise a mentally disabled child" (mostly because I myself have my own problems) and what I noticed is that, nobody really talks about it, really pussyfoots around it, but when I say it, there are always two or three people who then say, "yeah, same."

It's an uncomfortable topic, especially because as a species, we're aware of "potential". What a person could have been, might have been, and to see someone crippled in mind or body, we're gripped by our own mortality too- you could have a stroke, or be in a car accident, or your own kid could be born like that. It's an accident of nature, and that scares us. But avoiding the subject doesn't help anybody.

There's always a nervousness when associated with that kind of talk too, because "eugenics" is always closely related to nazis, and the "bad side" of science, and it ties in with the whole abortion topic- terminating a hypothetical person because they're not "normal".

But honestly? The consideration is romance and inflicting a life of pain on someone to satisfy a person's obscure morals is, as far as I'm concerned, unethical. But of course the whole thing is very complicated. There are plenty of people with illnesses who live, full, happy lives. You can't quantify how much something afflicts another person, especially before they grow into their lives.

Sorry if I don't make any sense, it's very late.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've told my mom many times that I'd rather not have a child who is retarded and if I knew they were going to be retarded I might take steps to make sure they were never born and she treats me like that's a horrible thing to say.
Idk, I'm a Christian and all and I believe in God most of the time and I believe in religious morality but I just can't see why someone would knowingly let someone have a life where they're not even aware of themselves and where all they will know is fleeeting pleasure and intense pain. I don't hate them and i don't feel like they should be killed and i really feel sorry for them, but whenever I see a child with Down's Syndrome I just kind of get sad because they're not truly aware of what they are or what they're missing out on, it's sad honestly.

90% of the Great Authors were autistic.

Look into the Lojban community.

Ulillillia isn't actually autistic, just extreme OCD

The magnum opus of Autistic non fiction is the the Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus

Julius Evola

He has extreme OCD but he is definitely also autistic. People with OCD are normal aside from their extreme fears and compulsions (like how Ullillillia recognises his fears are irrational), but I'd say his obsessive interests are more typical of autism than anything else.

Hmm I just read on ED that apparently he saw psychs that said he wasn't an aspie but I'm not sure if I believe it.

>illusion of distance
Why is this good? You dirty dualist...

Could be OCPD as well as OCD, they have a lot of overlap. Just because someone has strong specific exclusive interests/obsessions doesn't mean they're autistic, I feel like that's a modern bias.

That's what I was thinking, actually. But I couldn't remember if people with OCPD developing OCD was common.

The Legacy Of Totalitarianism in a Tundra

LotTEM's autism is overrated. Almost all the "autism" can be explained by the fact it's a hastily-converted film script.

Uli isn't autistic, he has severe OCD and some unspecified psychotic disorder.

You should have seen the stories on his website. He had hallucinations and shit before he began taking meds.

OP: Check out the writings of Francis E. Dec.

*old website. The first one.

What's you favourite Nick's video-aphorism? Mine is probably this:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2A1qYpp4HA

Amazing stream of ASMRs

youtube.com/watch?v=09MzaJVH5b4

>Having played around in level 2 for nearly 500 hours total