What books would you recommend for someone who was severely neglected as a child and basically learnt nothing?

What books would you recommend for someone who was severely neglected as a child and basically learnt nothing?

Would like a memoir of someone similar who went on to be successful.
Already got Epictetus, Seneca, Aurelius, and nicomachean ethics

Go to /r9k/ and blame women and semites desu

when will /r9k/ graduate to naming the real problem: the secularists?

muh slave morality

>cultures where every individual seeks his/her own will at the expense of societal order don't eventually die off

Nah, would rather fix my problems.

>cultures 'dying off'

Why is this a bad thing? What are you trying to conserve exactly?

Trying to preserve the culture that gave us empiricism, the industrial revolution, the tech revolution, invented the internet, gave us Shakespeare and Wagner. The West dying off will lead to the same stultification of progress that occurred after Rome fell.

Bukowoski wrote pretty extensively about how abusive his father was but that's not exactly the vibe you're looking for. I think a lot of literature in general deals with coming from a shit household desu

>progress meme

Kill yourself

>material progress isn't a real thing
>material progress doesn't lead to emancipation from hard labor

>emancipation from hard labor
>good

kek
Also, the human race will die, the solar system will collide with another, the universe will implode. 'Progress' kek

The entire purpose of being alive is to find ways of curbing nihilism. The fact that you're posting here implies that you find some value in communicating with other people, which is a performative contradiction if you honestly believe that nothing matters in the end.

Well, my dad was verbally abusive so maybe i'll check it out, thanks.

bump

Check out the autobiography of ben franklin. Also, Toxic Parents by Susan Forward is good for people that were abused as kids. A Child Called It was good too but that was more abuse than outright neglect.

Thank you.

You're a huge bitch and he is absolutely beating your ass.

You're welcome. Just get better. I went through it too and its a struggle.

good movie

Dunno why people are beating up on OP, it happens. Had average middle class parents, played video games through grade/high school and got mediocre grades, didn't go to college, they thought I knew what I was doing though I obviously didn't. Neeted for a while, had struggles with depression, and developed critical thinking on my own from I shit you not Veeky Forums and video game reviews. I got Veeky Forums and turned that into actual critical thinking. Joyce and Dostoevsky helped pull me out of my mental/emotional pit. Now I'm 26, 3 semesters in community college with immaculate GPA, and I'm thinking this could have happened far sooner than 26. what were my parents doing the whole time? Why did I need to learn how to be a functioning human from shitposting?
Anyway that's my blog, you're not alone OP, just don't be resentful over it. Keep going out and learning.

I'm going to try.

One of my favourites.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I know i'm not alone but it's still nice to hear people have turned it around. I believe I own Dubliners and Notes/C&P so I will try finally get around to reading them.

Also ordered Ben Franklins bio and Toxic Parents.

My diary desu