Nine hundred FUCKING pages into this book and this asshole starts going on about patriarchy

Nine hundred FUCKING pages into this book and this asshole starts going on about patriarchy

Patriarchy good or patriarchy bad?

it's his best book desu

It's always good.

keep crying you effeminate little bitch

No no no what does Pynchon think of the patriarchy

>900 pages until it starts getting good

this is why we need blogging more than ever!

*deletes every chapter relating to the Chums of Chance*

Ikr? I'm tired of this toxic arrogance. I mean, If we can be real for once, most new books should just be articles and most articles should be tweets

>when you realize that AtD is actually about the rugged American male ideal (the Traverses) being transformed into bisexual deviants

>book takes place in 1920s
>"hurr durr why is he talking about a patriarchy? Free kekistan!"

>60s Pynchon
anarchist recluse living in a Mexican cabin, smokes fat jaybirds and fucks underage girls, mindbending prose, mixes references to high culture with the nastiest scat ever imagined, goofball extraordinaire, cucks his best friend, doesn't give a FUCK

>modern Pynchon
basic bitch NYC liberal, embraces Jews and the yuppie lifestyle, whines about Republicans, South Africa and racism, writes about homoerotic friendships and Pokemon instead of Rossellini chase scenes, "humor" has become a Louis C.K. stand-up performance about his kids, songs are shit and too silly

(((Pinecone)))

seems like all your criticisms are directed specifically towards bleeding edge and not any other post 2000 novel he wrote

M&D and AtD are his masterpieces

Jesus it's so spot on I...

H-h-hi Tom...?

fucking lel

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is this book relatively easy to read compared to say, CoL49?

It's considered his most complex work

Really? According to who?

The prose is nowhere near GR tier. It's actually not that difficult in that sense, just long and meandering.

Most critics consider it so due to the incredible amount of characters, varying timelines (and lack thereof), and the overall connectivity and symbolism of all the arcs.

I've got this first edition print. Is it worth holding onto in good condition?

knock knock

Shut the fuck up.

shut the fuck up who?

It's like Pynchon its not only one person.

Very funny, Tom.

It's from the perspective of a character Holy fuck Veeky Forums is getting worse every day

>reading that disfigured degenerate postmodern faggot
After reading his wiki article I don't wanna read his leftist bullshit.

>/pol/ cant think for himself

In V. and Vineland he mocks leftism and hippy culture. Just because a book/writer is post modern doesnt mean everything he writes is aligned with postmodern philosophy. Open a book for once you mouth breathing fag

Vineland is pretty scathing when it comes to feminists and hippy activism.

Pynchon and Shakespeare are both written by the same immortal and intellectually superior black womyn.

>look up themes of his books
>muh racism is one of the first on the list

Youd be a fool to deny that racism exists.
That being said theres a scene in Against the Day where Franz Ferdinand goes to a negro bar in Chicago and acts like a complete honky

There's a scene like that in literally every book he's written since Gravity's Rainbow

It's embarrassing

>Youd be a fool to deny that racism exists.
Oh yeah I because I haven't heard about racism and muh niggers anywhere else before.I wasn't even born in this country and I'm not even really white but I'm fed up with this garbage.
>ESL
Things Fall Apart, Heart of Darkness, niggers colonialism, africa, boo fucking hoo
>English 1
Articles about niggers
>English 2
Some shit book about a smart talented nigger family getting terrorized by ebil rednecks, articles about gentrification, etc.
>History of US
Niggers, slavery, same shit again
>Classics
Muh misogynist greeks
>Sociology
HOLY SHIT! Pure cancer.

America needs a Pol Pot and all humanities professors should be purged.

Youre talking out of your ass. Yes some aspects of the humanities have gone off the rails, but that shouldnt mean you disregard the entire fucking system. And the fact of the matter is Pynchon doesnt hark on about racist issues to a point of contention, he brings certain aspects up but doesnt drive them into ones skull

I'm not american, I've met many americans because I live in a place where they flock to a lot for some reason.

A lot them genuinely believe that white america invented slavery. They don't grasp the concept of it happening in other places in the world way before, during, and way after. It's funny and weird as fuck.

Also black americans can take a joke about black people, they're usually hilarious and I love their reactions. When you joke about black people in front of white americans they either get so insanely butthurt and lecture you, or go 'yeah, fuck niggurs need ta go'.

Truly an astonishing group of people.

>Youre talking out of your ass
Fuck you faggot. Im describing my experience in US academia, which is overwhelmingly leftist at every level and has a huge nigger fetish.
I hope later on(after I graduate and gtfo out of US kek) shit like in Evergreen will escalate even more and nigs will physically remove white cuck humanities professors from campuses. I hope those professors will be forever unemployed and miserable.

Enjoy your paranoia user

Not that guy but I don't know how you can call that paranoia after the past year.

>A lot them genuinely believe that white america invented slavery
American here. To be clear, this isn't because we're taught this specifically in school but because we think we're the first to do everything.

Because Evergreen and alike are microcosms. Once a respectable organization tries to pull thar shit, itll be laughed at and mocked. Because of people are speaking out against the SJWs types they are regressing. Its slow now but the end is soon, they are in fact eating themselves. I dont doubt there is a leftist bias in some campus humanities, as Ive experienced it myself. But when those issues are exposed, youll find most people are reasonable and dont want to politicise these topics.

Racism is a good thing

That's racist.

It's pretty obvious you don't know what you're talking about

For the most part I agree but:
>Its slow now but the end is soon, they are in fact eating themselves.
What makes you say that?

See the whole debacle of Laci Green and anyone who was willing to consider the other side of their argument. They end up pitting themselves against their peers. They dont move forward because they CANT move forward.