>too poor to spend $5 on the page swipes I need to finish the book
>have to walk to the nearest Kindle Center to fill up on page swipes
E-readers are the worst meme

wtf are you talking about

>kindle double xp weekend
>buy war & peace
>swipe through the entire thing five times while watching netflix
>farm shitloads of xp to spend on new skins for my homepage

Did you see that kindle two-for-one deal coming up soon? Trying to decide if I should use my discounted swipes on a postmodern doorstopper or on a few light novels.

>new patch day on kindle
>grind dostoevsky 10 hours a day for weeks (and marquez for the magical realism bonus event) to get to the new intellect cap
>am now sitting in the top 10 ganking people trying to catch up so they have to re-buy their books

>Get second Kindle
>Sign up for second Kindle Premium Reader account
>Spend days multibox farming The Bible so I can get the "Words with Friends" achievement

I need that Intellect Cap. I'll trade you a +3 Dagger of Greater Latin. It automatically grants access to the Senate of the Roman Republic DLC. My Kindle screen name is MARCVS TVLLIVS CICEBRO. Add me :O

How i can fix the problem with the pages count and calculation timetofinishedit.
It takes, for example, to taps to do one page...
I didnt buy the ebooks, desu.

imagine not using a kobo

Kobo is worse since their page swipes costs the double.

You're paying for quality, user. Kobo employs more aesthetic fonts with a mind for which fonts approximate most closely the overall "feel" of the subject matter.

I actually really love how my Kobo does that. Having the fonts change dynamically to match the mood of the page I'm reading is really immersive.

I'm sorry, I'm really confused here. What do you mean you ran out of page swipes? I don't own a Kindle or any other E-reader. Can you only read a certain amount of pages?

I would reply at greater length but I'm almost out of keystrokes on my Dell.

You have to make the font smaller so there's more words per page if you want to save on swipes.

Is there a Starbucks near you? They've got a promotional right now--free keystrokes AND page swipes.

Is this new mem? I like.

Bottom Text

Alternatively you can purchase the screen expansion plug-in

What are you talking about?

I have a Kindle Voyage and I don't have any sort of "swipe limit." I put a book on it and read as much or as little as I want. Period.

t. Jeff Bezos

Do you have an unlimited swipes plan?

But that's just it. How the hell does it limit your page swipes? What kind of bullshit is that? The damn thing charges you to read your books? That sounds ridiculous.

You probably havent read enough to hit the limit.

You pay for the content - the intellectual property. The swipes are another thing entirely.

But once I buy the kindle and access to the content, how is it then okay for there to be a limit on the amount of pages I can read at a time? How is that practice okay? Or am I understanding this incorrectly? How exactly does this whole thing work?

you must have inadvertently signed up for unlimited swipes in your amazon setup. there's a $39.99 monthly charge for doing that, $19.99 if you went with the adds

For a bunch of supposedly one of the highest intellect groups on Veeky Forums you idiots sure are biting this bait hard.

>inb4 merely pretending

What a terribly written sentence, accompanied by terrible bait.

Well Kindle has to maintain their servers, and when you swipe on a page a laborer has to actually swipe the physical book that's being livestreamed to the screen of your e-reader

see

>tfw the next Kindle update installs a pseudometer that links directly to your Veeky Forums account.

is everyone in here trolling or are kindles really this bad

>go to kindle center 20 minutes from home
>cant deposit my 10 $

>kindle automatically bought and downloaded every James Baldwin novel for world fag day
>can't click out of it to carry on reading American Rust
>try skipping through the pages but there's a "cool down period" if I skip too fast
>message says "Wow there buddy, looks like you're reading way too fast! Try reading the page again!"
>tfw there's a 2 minute timer for every page now
>sitting here right now skipping a page every 2 minutes so I can go back to the novel I was reading

that's for us to know and you to find out

>bought my kindle in 2010
>set it on aeroplane mode since to avoid all these updates
>constantly get calls from Amazon Revenue Protection services to update my Kindle
>Have to disconnect my computer from the internet to upload new books on my kindle, or else it begins automatically patching
>aeroplane mode kindles are now going for 400 on eBay