How often do you eat freshwater fish or aquatic creatures as opposed to sea-dwellers, Veeky Forums...

How often do you eat freshwater fish or aquatic creatures as opposed to sea-dwellers, Veeky Forums? I remember reading a long report on fish consumption a while ago, and the freshwater:seawater ratio was something like 1:20 - people don't eat that much freshwater fish, overall.

If it includes crustations or shellfish then there's no contest.

I used to fish like hell in lakes though.

Not often enough, I love that shit but the American Midwest is bullshit.

Rarely but I've always lived on a coast so it's right there.

Love me some trout, of all kinds. I also like bass. Fuck catfish, though. I also love crawfish.

There's some pretty good fishing across the Midwest, though. Not much commercial fishing, though, so you'll probably have to catch it yourself or know someone who fishes.

My state is so overrun with outside species of crayfish that you don't need any sort of permit to catch them. They also pay people to catch squawfish, but squawfish are a hassle to prepare to eat.

Freshwater fish don't really taste so exciting. Generally speaking the tastiest fish are found in the saltiest waters.

I go fishing a lot, I'm a poorfag, and Arizona is sealocked, so freshwater fish make up about 25% of the protien in my diet.

I eat trout pretty often. Steelhead is good too.

What kind of fish do people catch in Arizona?

Lizards

>desert "seafood"

Whatever they decide to stock the lakes with.

How much food do you think there is in freshwater compared to the ocean? Of course people are going to mostly eat ocean food. If everyone decided to switch to freshwater only we would wipe out all the edible freshwater life in a month

I don't eat the flesh of living animals you sick fuck, they can feel the pain of being ripped apart just as much as you or me

Not if they're dead.

I would eat a lot more fish in general if they weren't such a pain in the ass to prepare, didn't stink up the kitchen and didn't have a tiny bones inside each mouthful

>Needing a permit to catch mud bugs.
The fuck?

To each his own. I quite enjoy cutting and gutting my catches.

What are some tasty Anthropods that are also easy to breed?

We have walleye at many restaurants here in IA.
Those are the best freshwater fish imo.

Trout, cod and pollock. Every summer i travel to a cabin by the sea and just fish,drink beer and watch expensive yatchs sail by.

Catching and cooking your own dinner is rewarding as fuck, especially when you are a poor student like me.

Not too much because pollution, it sucks ass to live in houston, but redfish, gar, bass, and even trout are things i eat once every couple of months, blue crab and crayfish and randim fish in brackish water also a bit

Freshwater fish are too bony.

You're blessed. Enjoy the times you get to spend with your friends and family fishing.

You should try river lampreys. They have a cartilage system instead of a bony skeleton.. They are ugly as sin, but very tasty. People in Spain wrap them into wheels around other foods and bake them. You can also cut them into rounds and grill/fry them like calamari.

Here in Wisconsin I catch and eat a lot of walleye, bass, crappie, and northern pike.