Is steak tartare a meme? Anyone here actually eaten and enjoyed the dish? I'd try it but it doesn't sound good

Is steak tartare a meme? Anyone here actually eaten and enjoyed the dish? I'd try it but it doesn't sound good.

I visited Prague and apparently it's more popular there, I heard about a place that was supposed to be good, and I was curious. It was this butcher shop that also served food and it was packed.

It was served with a clove of raw garlic and some toast. The beef tartare itself was very finely chopped and basically spreadable with a knife onto the toast. I nibbled on the garlic clove a little after each bite.

It was good. I recommend it.

Sorry for reddit spacing and rambling too much about Prague and the restaurant. I realize this post makes me seem like a faggot.

It's not that great, in my opinion. Maybe I haven't had good tartare, but I would rather those thin little pieces of meat be fried for a few seconds than just eat them raw.

Jesus. You're a massive faggot.

We're all faggots here, it's fine I guess.

no. no one in the world has eaten this and liked it. ever. please kys. sage in fields or something, i dunno

ate wagyu tartare as my first time today. Girlfriend busted out with the "I like tartare!" and surprised me by revealing that she's eaten raw red meat several times in the past. kinda shocking.

It tasted like...red meat with spices on it. Wasn't a huge fan of the texture but that's to be expected I guess.

i think you are thinking of carpaccio, tartare is ground beef

nah its not a meme, its delicious. on paper it sounds gross, but just TRY it.

You we're supposed to run the garlic on the bread.
That butcher shop is awesome btw. I eat there very day when I am in Prague

I hate my phone and the German autocorrect so much.

you rub the garlic clove on the toast? what will that do, its fucking raw

What's the name of the place?

is a dish evolved from splatted meat horse riders tenderized under their riding chairs into a delicacy is a meme?
Gee, I dunno, it's your face a meme?

Maso a kobliha

As the bread is toastetd it will break the garlic and flavour the toast.

If you know where to get it, tartar is a great dish. Expensive, to be sure, but if you ever want to treat yourself, it's a good way to go. You can make it yourself too, if you have a good butcher shop nearby, but it does take some practice to get the measurements right. What most people don´t realize, though, is that tartar needs to be made in a chilled bowl (personally, I just fill a bowl with ice and put a smaller bowl inside it where I make it) for it to be any good. If you´re ever in Madrid and have some spending money with you, I recommend "El espejo" in front of the national library (it's an old restaurant in the art nouveau style that is often frequented by tourists, but if you ask to eat from the menu, or "carta", you'll find the dish, and they make it right in front of you. Also recommend the "colonel" dessert if you're there).

i eat it all the time, shit is cash

I'm in gare du Nord in Paris waiting to go home right now. Had foie groie and steak tartare in a restaurant the other night. Didn't care for either of them. Most places seem to sell all the meme french stuff though and the quality is pretty poor. Obviously there are good restaurants here but any idea that all the food here is great is definitely not true. Even the McDonald's fries I tried to eat when I was hungover were probably the worst McDonald's fries I've ever had

based user giving real advice

Shit's delicious.

It's easy to make at home too.

Ate it in France for first time was amazing I then had veal tartare in Sweden and holy shit that blew the first one out of the water.

Frenchfag here, I eat tartare like 3 times a year. I found that making it myself was the best, get fresh beef from your butcher and ask him to grind it then you can season to taste. Some people like capers, some don't, some like pickles, some don't, etc etc. This way you decide what you put in your tartare. Then you make big ass fries as a side and dip them into the tartare

Aside from the baking pretty much everything I tried in paris was shit, was never so glad to leave a place in my life.

I remember I was in France or Italy or something and I couldn't read the menu and I just ordered blind and when my dish came I was like "wtf is this" but toughed it up and ate it anyway.

First thought was that it tasted of fucking tuna sashimi, and I was surprised until my friend told me it was wagyu tartare.

Idk whether it was the restaurant or something but yeah, I would expect the taste of fatty fish sashimi

I need a quick rundown on the egg, why do they put it?

of course it is a meme
carpaccio is superior in every regard and won't give you AIDS when you inevitably go to shitty restaurant for tartare