>quid pro quo

>>whomst've'dnt

vis-a-vis

>in actuality

Fucking hate this, just say in reality

>tfw no gf

>bigly

>whole 'nother

yeah, what the fuck is up with that phrase, i mean it seems innocuous enough until you try to use it in a written document like an email or paper and you're like "wait, wtf is this shit?"

I thought it was "big league"?

metanalysis

Nothing wrong with any of these
"Whole nother" has ruined my writing because I'm not sure of both a proper way to write it nor an acceptable substitute.

"A whole other X" would be the proper way to write it.

a-whole-nother

>whilst

Fuck you're fucking right

>kudos

>Xs X, does X
As opposed to just saying X Xs X. Baseball announcers pull this shit all the time, jams me right in

>As opposed to

>people who use progressively more pretentious vocabulary the longer you're arguing with them

I know this isn't a math board but using the same symbol for three different variables is awful

**people whomst use progressively more pretentious vocabulary the longer with them you're arguing

As supposed to

I assume you guys aren't native english speakers if these phrasings are frustrating you.

>and but so

>would that it were so

>mfw I frequently used all of these words and phrases in my academic writing to make me sound smarter when I was bluffing

Nothing wrong with this in older English. Modern English speakers are just retarded and the subjunctive has basically fallen entirely out of use

>don't let's

>but yet

>to and fro

actuality connotes a more factual reality. reality is perception based.

"a separate piece"

>higgledy piggledy

>your correspondent

>albeit

unironically kys

>blackguard

this and
>nonetheless

>begs to differ

>Comptroller

The single most magnificient display of this phrase/word, (or a word which amounts to the same inasmuch as it functionally a synonym) in the history of literature is pic related, from the Book of Kells.

What you're looking at is a highly stylized rendering of the Latin word "Quoniam", which means, you guessed it, "inasmuch". This is the very first word in the Gospel according to Luke.

>another thing altogether
or
>another thing entirely

>over fifty posts
>no one has typed 'notwithstanding' as of yet

>trequartista

obligatory: and but for

>b/c
>cos
>becuz