Worth reading?

Worth reading?

>reading for the plot

Oh come on now

If you're interested in writing and literary theories then yes.

>reductionist thinking
it's going to turn you into a know-it-all twat

Reading for the plot is unironically patrician. Read this for more info.

human creations like stories are ripe for reductionism because we are uncreative simpletons.

I tried it, but the plot was non-existent so I dropped it.

bump

probably not, i always hated this narrative theory nonsense, it really is the bottom of the academic barrel when you comment on narratives structures, and somewhat demonstrates an unwillingness to engage with works intellectually.

elaborate beyond your unfounded elitism

elaborate on what, its just basic surface level engagement. "thing happens and followed by drama and resolution" wow, amazing. it was laughed out of academia regularly but wormed it way back in via media studies because media studies has no substance.

>its just basic surface level engagement. "thing happens and followed by drama and resolution" wow, amazing.
That wasn't an argument you fucking pseud. You can make anything sound stupid by boiling it down to it's most basic points and putting a sarcastic remark after it.

there is no argument to narrative theory. its just pointing out similarities in things. its like being amazed that most paintings are on canvas and so dedicating a whole book to "what is the meaning of a canvas????"

Not the guy you're arguing with, and I ain't even a plotfag or a guy who's that interested in narratology, but holy shit you're a fucking idiot.

debate me then bitch nigga

This is fucking hilarious.

What don't you like about media studies?

Holy shit this guy's actually retarded.

t. bitch ass nigga

user almost btfo

This guy's right, and no one bothered to introduce a counterargument other than calling him a retard. Good job.

damn

not an argument

I agree, I haven't seen a single argument yet.

ITT: People who are angry that they can't come up with a good plot so they dismiss the very notion that a book should be interesting as infantile and anti intellectual.

Face it, you can't come up with a good story so you knock those that actually can. You've never developed an interesting character, you can't come up with a twist in plot or anything people actually read for. All you do is list buzz words and hope other people think you're deep.

I read not write.

>empiricising literature

wew

That's the general modus operandi of this board. Call out things you disagree with but dont actually engage with the idea or expound on it with any reasoning, because that involves critical thinking.