Veeky Forumserary confessions thread. The only thread where it is acceptable to express all your dirty plebeian secrets

Veeky Forumserary confessions thread. The only thread where it is acceptable to express all your dirty plebeian secrets.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Desires-Wolfman-Complete-Werewolf-Collection/dp/1624930409/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cormac McCarthy is good, no matter what corncob memers say otherwise. Blood Meridian and Suttree should be considered as american classics.

>taking my break at work
>I work at a supermarket
>manager is a young female qt, only like 27 years old, I am 27 as well
>she is in the break room reading a book
>take a look to see what the book is
>it is some fucking Twilight book or something
>want to make a conversation with her about the book
>I am not a good conversationalist
>ask her what she is reading she tells me the book is Twilight
>actually manage to have a nice discussion with her, make a joke about Twilight basically being an erotic novel and she laughs
>get really excited that we may have a connection now
>decide it would be funny to make a joke
>if I buy an actual erotic novel and read it at the same time as her, she will see and find it funny
>buy an erotic novel about Werewolves
>take it to work
>wait until she is having her break and reading
>go and get the erotic novel I bought from my locker and sit next to her
>when I sit down and start reading she looks over and pulls a face like 'wtf is that'
>she looks disgusted
>start to realise maybe this wasn't funny
>try to joke my way out of it
>'haha, howwllllllllll I want wolf dick'
>she tells me to please take my break somewhere else
>I go and sit in the toilet cubicle reading the book for some reason
>tfw she has treated me very badly ever since I did this shit

amazon.co.uk/Desires-Wolfman-Complete-Werewolf-Collection/dp/1624930409/

This was the book btw

I like yuri fanfiction desu

Why an erotica book and not just a YA novel?

>> dat cover

seriously user?

how is this even controversial

i only know one language

I dog-ear my pages if I want the exact location of my chapter or paragraph I was on.

I don't mind if the spines crease on my books. I don't intentionally do it but it's not the end of the world either. Most of my editions are cheap enough to be purchased again if it really damages the book.

I'm that guy who's in the queue before you at the local book sales at the library or the secondhand shop who managed to pilfer all the cool classics and fun niche subject books into a hefty large pile. I'll buy them all and all that'll be left is the shitty ghostwritten autobiographies of people still alive, celebrity "memoirs", kid's school text books and whatever other shit is left behind.

Sometimes books just aren't as good as the films. It's a bad example but The Martian with Matt Damon made for an enjoyable dumb blockbuster whereas the book was insufferable. Kubrick's films are often better than the books too. Ken Loach's adaptation of Kes is better than the book but I can't help but laugh every fucking time when the kid swings that dead bird around in his living room.

You'd be surprised, most threads focusing on McCarthy or one of his books tends to get flooded with shitposters.

I don't care for fanfiction but anything yuri-related gets a pass from me. Grills being romantic with other grills is only a good thing.

learning another language is a meme unless if you want to move to that country, become a translator, interpreter or write in another language.

Shinning movie is far superior (artistically, entertainingly) to the book.

A pasta is born.

Been reading a lot of SF lately. Even though it's been more or less classics so far (Roadside Picnic, Solaris), some have felt quite genre fiction tier already (Hyperion, Long Sun, Short Sun) and I guess those were still quite engaging. Reading for the plot! I'm a bit afraid I'll end up reading nothing but SF anymore, because it's just so much fun.

Another kind of book I've read a few of lately is the kinda low-life drug-related thing... Taipei, Blue Lines on Transparent Skin. I'm not sure whether there's a whole lot of literary merit to them. I guess I was mostly entertained by the protagonist's drug/depression antics? As with SF, it feels like I could go on and on reading this stuff sometimes.

Also I like Murakami.

Pretty nice senpai.

as a reader and a writer i find language very attractive. i don't rly need any other reason. i'm just lazy.

I don't know how much of a dirty weeb you are but Kindred Spirits on the Roof might interest you

I've tried to read Infinite Jest 3 times and never made it past 100 pages. I've given up completely now.

Don't studies tend to show changes in the brain, possibly improved brain elasticity?

Since my degree I've found that I no longer have any patience at all for fiction. I've been trying to re-acclimate myself to the process once again, but it's slow going and this surprises me.

I just recently started reading the Greeks, after I had read Pynchon and Joyce.

Science fiction is quite addictive. Some very engaging concepts and narratives on offer, but I tend to feel the characters are often lacking. I do enjoy it but I do also feel like I find it less engaging sometimes than I a would a big door stopper like Don Quixote or something

Same. Once I've delved further into the literary canon I will spend some time re-reading Pynchon and Joyce.

I prefer to watch Stargate SG1 than read any book.

I epically busted my nuts twice on ontologikewl and now she does nothing for me.
She is the cutest on her Veeky Forums video.

i haven't read any of the meme trilogy

Really nice pasta

I don't understand the appeal for that trashy show. Why the hell are you here and not on /tv/ anyway?

not literature, i wish that Veeky Forums didn't cum in their pants every time some girl runs a booktuber channel, it's fucking embarrassing

this shit wouldn't happen if you guys went outside from time to time and actually met girls in the real world

Literally the definition of faggot.

LARPing as a normie isn't any better friend.

you think she is a clitoridian or vaginal kind of girl?

I know a bitch who folds entire pages down the middle as a way to know on which page she's on. She says she doesn't give a fuck because she only does it to library books.

Makes me cry.

protip: you were the bitch in this blog spot

Armed with the knowledge from Thinking Fast and Slow, I would say clitoridian

Sometimes I read YA but I always find that I only like the idea of reading a fluffy story with two-dimensional characters because they always end up annoying me.

i bought atleast 25 books off the lit chart 2016 2015 just because im new to literature and there was a "chart"

I have read the entire Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles and I enjoyed almost every page.

I have a whole shelf of Stephen King.

I read the Harry Potter series and I enjoyed it.

Only if you begin learning it before, like, age 4

Learning a language as an adult or even a teenager is like memorizing a third-world country's list of mayors, or committing the Bible to memory. It's technically exercising your brain but in a weak, non-applicable way. Better to learn advanced statistics, biology, history, etc. Learning another language is just an obstacle and waste of your time. You'll never "get" a novel written in French if you started learning French at 23, just like Veeky Forums users will never "get" talking to women once they start trying at 23. The real communication is lost no matter how hard you "study". You can't overcome the power of innate language which can only be picked up in childhood.

I read reactionary literature.

I don't read books. I only discuss books.

>dude learning just STOPS in your mid-20s
no

things like language and learning to score are harder because they're complex disciplines with lots of interplay between the brain and the body. these things are easier to pick up as a kid but not impossible as an adult.

I didn't fucking say people can't learn languages in their 20s, that's obviously not true. People do it all the time.

I said learning a language in your 20s does NOT give you the same "brain elasticity" boost that learning it in infancy does. This is just basic public information, it's not even controversial. Becoming bilingual as an adult has a totally different brain effect from becoming bilingual when you're a toddler. You can absolutely do it but the "boost" isn't there and you're never *really* learning it the way you learn a native language. Obviously you can still learn it.

every Gary I've known has been a gigantic faggot

I loved IT but I meh'd at The shining, should I give King another chance?

i do the same stuff im a discrete hypebeast because i dont know how to make decisions or where to even start when it comes to look for new books

I've enjoyed almost every Stephen King book I've read, and I enjoy his writing style. His books are entertaining and he has some good ideas, even if he isn't always great at executing them (especially endings, which I think is his biggest weakpoint [The Stand])

that's just because you have it as a filter on your grindr search

I can't read papers or articles published by European humanities departments any more even from my native country because of how inferior it is, we should be embarrassed about how far behind the Anglosphere in philosophy and literary theory we are.

Yeah but don't read the Shining. That's a ponderous tome even for King. I'd save that for if you're a pretty big King fan.

Read the first Gunslinger, which is very short, and some older stuff like The Running Man.

Saying you can never *really* learn it is tantamount to saying that you cannot learn it. If you can learn it, you can learn it; don't set up unnecessary and annoying qualifications

I like the Aeneid better than the Odyssey because I'm a Rome-aboo and Dante fan.

I left this place for a long time and now that I'm back and see it's more reddity and shittier than ever I actively try to push it over the edge and make it /tv/2.0

I'm doing a doctorate thesis in English Literature while writing anonymously yaoi fanfics about Korean manhwas.

It's very hard for me to read. I can read page and then I have to pause for 5-10 minutes to shitpost on chan.

I wish I could find a girl to talk about literature and flirt.

I honestly think fanfiction can be on level with real fiction at times.

i have readed like 20 philosophers
15 just says nonsense or trivial shit
4 are asholes and i would never agree with them in anything
the other one is fucking Ayn Rand
i allways considered myself a leftiest

i hate this shit

not a bad thing to be, user

pizza people are very good at ancient literature

Well, that's what the charts are there for I suppose.

If I have free will, I must admit I have free will, so I do not have free will.

If I do not have free will, it is not possible to have the idea of free will without having free will, I have the idea of free will, so I must have free will.

I masturbate to incest hentai, futanari hentai, hotdogging and thighjobs.

I have clothed foot fetish and flats give me the biggest boner.

I won't fuck non-virgins.

I read to impress girls and because I think I'm productive - I don't enjoy reading.

hmm, maybe you discovered that the right is the side with the better arguments. It's ok to feel confused.

But seriously, what fucking philosophers did you read?

He read ancient or medieval philosophy and wasn't able to go around the non-cognitive language and faulty premises that surround the wonderful things.

OBJECTIVE RANKING:
bottom-right, bottom-left, top-right, >>>>>>>>>>>huge gap>>>>>>>>>> top-left

Kant
Nietzsche
Plato
Heidegger
Sartre
Seneca
Adorno
Marx
Habermas
Derrida
Descartes
Hegel
Mark Rowlands(this one is pretty awsome tho)
Feyerabend
Aristotle
San Agustin
Schopenhauer
Montaigne
Foucault

Ok, they are not so bad, but they are mostly unintelligible and unfounded

My only goal in writing is to write a successful fantasy isekai web novel.

Not a book or trilogy, just a fun mobile phone web novel that's highly derivitive.

Found a gary

(You)

Most of the books I read are YA novels

>hotdogging

I write basic aabb rhyme scheme lyrics to simple 4/4 chord progressions in my room and then cry because they all sound like the same shitty song.

this kekistan shit is embarrassing

I like Neil Gaiman in small doses.

Duolingo is an easy and accessible way to learn the basics of another language. Going through French ATM and then i'm gonna try my hand at German, which is meant to be very easy if English is your native language.

> but I can't help but laugh every fucking time when the kid swings that dead bird around in his living room.

desu i know this feel

People who don't read because "I don't have the time" yet they post inane things on Facebook are full of shit.

use the 2017 chart instead

I am wreaking absolute havoc desu and I don't really want to, but I'm doing it for the sake of someone and something that matters more to me than my own life. As if it were some precious thing to me. As if I'd give up the one chance I have at bringing the truth to light, for what? For what? There's no reason to.

I like paperbacks better than hardbacks.

Sometimes while reading I do ridiculous vocal noises to wake myself up more, sometimes I start singing and rapping the prose from the book and sometimes it works to the point that i wish i was recording it at the time.

use this first, then you can use the other one.

>The Bible in third.

All songs in the key of C or G too, right?

Not so much a plebeian confession, but I'm the only one among my friends who reads at all. Worst of all is that if I recommend anything, a book, game, TV-series, anything, it's completely ignored. Every. God. Damn. Time. It's a unique pain, really.

gonna make it

Thanks for the recs my man

ive read over half of the books in that infographic...

am i a pseud??

If you don't think Kant, Heidegger, Marx or Aristotle are beasts, maybe philosophy is not for you.

that's a known fake from discord chatters

Tell me more user

everybody should have read at least half of those

bnw, 1984, aild, bk are the only worthwhile books

Well, for starters, paperback is much more flexible. You can take them anywhere.

I actually find reading very difficult. I might have dyslexia. But I will, sometimes find in a book something that goes beyond reading and the form is just the obstacle to get to the soul of the author. Then I suddenly become a scholar, chewing every sentence, page by page, word by word, letting no allusion or depressing word get past without fully comprehending. I will return to it again and again. I will just as passionately chuck a book out the window, and the whole universe of literature, if I don't find this in what I am reading.

And yet, having confessed this, I still feel like a greater scholar not in spite of but because of this way of being. Fuck you

kys

Plato was a NAMBLA promoting faggot

me too user. Listened to Frank Ocean with my friend and when Crack Rock came on he turned it off cause it was gay just talking about his dick. fast forward to a party like a year years later and all that he played was Frank and ask "Frank ocean is really good do you like him?" I just said yeah... and thats just one example, feels bad man

Analytic metaphysics is my favorite branch of philosophy