What does Veeky Forums think of this man?

what does Veeky Forums think of this man?

nothing since ive never heard of him

Did he invent the traffic signal?

Fanon is black
Guess what he talks about

He lived what he wrote which is more than can be said of most political writers. I've been meaning to read his stuff but too busy with classics.

that's clearly a nigger though

>proving his point

Not the worst négritude writer. At least he didn't venture into booga-booga poetry.

James Baldwin is better.

i never knew he was black until just right now.

James Baldwin was a terrible speaker, much in the way of sensibility novel logic arguments. I have no high expectation of his novels. Frederick Douglas wasn't a terrible writer until his third edition of his auto, in which he became (reading the second to third edition) an old crotchedy black man right before my eyes.

Artistry does not necessitate being a good speaker, nor even a logical one. Just look at Ezra Pound's ridiculous views, or Tolstoy's overbearing morality.

Go read his novels.

No but I imagine they'd intertwine at some point. Usually they don't only when the person isn't practiced at all and is very awkward with it. James Baldwin gives speeches like he's very pleased and comfortable with them. This isn't sports. Speaking and reading run on a similar thread.

I probably will. I love being able to say I read more about negroids than they do.

actually read a newspaper article on him. he seems interesting and I plan on reading The Wretched of the Earth, but I have a huge backlog already...

Wretched of the Earth is a great book.

Even if you don't want to read the entire thing, I'd definitely recommend everyone read 'On Violence' the first chapter.

>Ezra Pound's ridiculous views
Like what?

Honestly, I'm not a big fan, user.

I disagree about Baldwin being a terrible speaker, and what I've read from him has been great.

If you want to discuss black literature then you should post on /mu/ or /co/, not Veeky Forums

Whoah, you actually read his books!

/an/ or /sp/ are better fits

>Frederick Douglas wasn't a terrible writer until his third edition of his auto

His first was his best. The third is stiff and stilted in parts, but still has some nice bits, e.g., the chapter where he tries to find his birthplace, visits the Lloyd estate, and meets Thomas Auld.

Also the chapter where he meets Lucretia Auld's daughter is rather charming.

Sonny's Blues is one of the greatest short stories ever written. His political writing bores.

Wrong, a lot of us are woke on the race question.

Wrong black guy