Tfw want Japanese carbon steel knife

>tfw want Japanese carbon steel knife
>tfw it's so expensive

Where can I steal one?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ISSIKI-Cutlery-Professional-Stainless-Ergonomic/dp/B073P32GYN/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1510601221&sr=1-5&keywords=santoku&dpID=41xz9SZ3B3L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
amazon.com/dp/B009NEFGLW/ref=psdc_14309871_t1_B073P32GYN
youtube.com/watch?v=_e0iRaW6AAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he fell for the Made in Japan meme

You don't even need it you stupid fucking soyboy.

Your mother still had you even though the world didn't need you.

Get a job faggot

Go to Japan and have a knife master forge one for you. Then just run away with it.

/jp/'s house

Somebody had to tell you that you don't need this knife, so clearly he is needed.

>Made in Japan meme
I want a couple like these as well. Don't actually give a shit if it's made in Japan. So if you happen to know where I can get some single-bevel knives made from steel hard enough to hold such a thin edge, I'm all ears.

Just get a $10 ceramic knife off of amazon, OP.

>need

poorfag haha

>Japanese carbon steel knife
>Where can I steal one?

>where can I steel one?

>knife as fragile as glass
ha ha ha

I got a knife like that when I was a 2nd year undergraduate living like a pauper because I didn't feel the need for binge drinking or fancy computers like everyone else. And thanks to my reputation for being a better cook than anyone else around, I became the go-to guy for cooking group meals and barely had to spend anything on ingredients either. I did the cooking and cleaning and ate for "free" other than the cost of my time (and what I spent on the knife and various pieces of thrift store cookware). Also I had a number of sexual encounters which I doubt would have happened if not for my cooking abilities (not that undergraduate women are particularly choosy so I wouldn't read too much into that)

It's called priorities, my friend. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

Get a small piece of 1095 Steel and grind it into a knife.

It's by far the cheapest way but takes a lot of time.

This

Make your own fag, it's not hard
T.-/k/

>oh yeah let me just pick up one of these billets of carbon steel I have lying around in a size and shape appropriate for bashing into a blade using the forge I just happen to have in my backyard
Yeah or you could just go on amazon and order an Old Hickory for $10, but who am I to get in the way of autism

>Old Hickory
What's the point of this even? It's made of garbage steel that can barely hold an edge better than a $5 Kiwi.

It's 1095, the same steel you were recommending when you tipped your fedora up there
>but it's not tempered properly
Ok good luck getting a good heat treat on your first attempt
>but if you do it 50 times you'll eventually come close to the quality of a shitty mass produced knife
Mmmmkay, let's all quit our jobs and become full time blacksmiths to please the assburgers patrol on Veeky Forums

amazon.com/ISSIKI-Cutlery-Professional-Stainless-Ergonomic/dp/B073P32GYN/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1510601221&sr=1-5&keywords=santoku&dpID=41xz9SZ3B3L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

These babies are 23 dollars. They cut great and are well worth the money. I use one for meat and one for veggies/fruit.

Another option is this 17 dollar santoku. Quality doesn't have to mean expensive. The myth of a good santoku knife being 100+ dollars is just not true. Price doesn't always correlate with quality.

>he thinks high-end kitchen knives are made from mong steel like 1095

Enjoy your massive sulfur molecules fucking up the steel grain everywhere.

Whoops, forgot link.
amazon.com/dp/B009NEFGLW/ref=psdc_14309871_t1_B073P32GYN

Modern ones are just made from stainless steel. It's an odd notion that people think they are either pig iron or ethereal katana-grade steel forged on Mt.Fuji by Masamune

What are Hitachi White #1, #2, Blue #1, Blue #2, and Aogami Super?

You were the one who suggested 1095, not me
>but that wasn't me
No, that was you. Go tell your tard wrangler your internet time is over
Also
>muh hand-bashed backyard swordsmith blade
>high end
Pick one

p.s. my mass produced HAP40 knife >>> your shitty rusty cosplay knife made of leaf spring steel

These can be all classified as semi-stainless or stainless. I mean sure, if you're working with steel on an industrial level you might be interested in knowing it, but otherwise I doubt the consumer will relish in that.

>HAP40
How do you even sharpen that thing. Don't you need like industrial water wheel to sharpen powdered steel knives?

Shapton Kuromaku, $35 on amazon

Make your own.

here, you faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=_e0iRaW6AAo

>make a knife to save money by buying $400 worth of tools
/diy/ in a nutshell

any real man has those tools readily available. KYS you numale.

>goes right to numale
Look at this soyboy right here.

you can make a good knife with 1 or 2 files and a hacksaw, plus a leaf blower or vacuum, and 2 fire bricks. Everyone should have at least that with the exception of college students.

no, not even fucking close, just regular whetstones
source: own a sukenari hap40

I haven't been in college since the 1990s and nobody owns a leaf blower within 20 miles of here except associations, the park service, and so on.

And I have no idea what a "fire brick" is.

Are you daft? It's a brick with fire in it.

Knives like these are unbeatable for veggies. I have a cheap one from IKEA which still cuts great after five years of use.

I visited animeland earlier this year and purchased a carbon knife from a fish market in Tokyo. I use it for everything else. Don't have much to compare it to, my previous all purpose knife couldn't cut hot butter.

it's obviously a brick infused with the element of fire