I bagged a deer, big buck. Gutted, cleaned. The thing is, I'm at a loss how to prepare the cuts...

I bagged a deer, big buck. Gutted, cleaned. The thing is, I'm at a loss how to prepare the cuts, and my husband's family will be visiting. I was thinking of soaking the cuts in beer. I have this nice thick German lager my cousin sends me. Homemade. Good stuff. But they're from Slovakia. I'm at a loss at how to spice it to appeal to their palate.

Eastern European... I'd go with fresh ground black pepper, mashed potatoes, and boiled cabbage. Mix in some red wine. That should do the trick,

Never had venison. What's it taste like?

Only faggots hunt animals with guns. Try using your bare hands next time you fucking pussy.

Use bare hands on my dick

Really, you use physical violence to hunt? What a soyboy. Real men talk their prey into suicide.

brown the meat a little, throw it into a deep tray with some roughly cut vegetables and onion, make it float in that beer and blast it in the oven one hour at 300ÂșC

>having to actually talk to your prey instead of subduing it with your superior mind powers

T. Brainlet

Intrigued. I had considered grilling but that sounds good.

soak in gin, and then do a seasoning rub

I didn't use a gun. Longbow. It is the season. Good shot too. Got him right in the neck.

Never cared for gin with deer. I prefer it with lamb and some lime and cayenne. Wild boar, it really pops.

Have you considered a brown sugar rub? With venison I have this delightful recipe for a rub that always seems to go over good. Brown sugar and black pepper in equal amounts, mixed with strong scotch, water, and then bread your cutlets with that mixed with corn flour. You've got them in beer, that'll give it a nice hearty taste.

that sounds awfully sweet. i think op would be better served with a dry salt rub. some good kosher salt, tenderizes the meat but leaves the flavor. don't want to overshadow the meat after all.

>Good shot
>neck
faggot troll larper

that's my universal solution for gamey meats. I forgot the spices but that's your choice. Whole black pepper, rosemary, whatever.

I use explosive arrows. My buddy makes them. Dynamite, good stuff. Used to blow holes in rocks. Takes the whole head right off, no fuss.

I enjoy a bit of rosemary myself. I do have some onions I've been looking to use. Big white ones, I forget the proper name. I also have a package of shitake mushrooms. You think that'd blend well with the rest?

Given you're soaking it in beer, mushrooms always seem to be quite flavorful. I soak steak in my father's brew, a very potent whiskey. I tend to mix that with mushrooms. Good stuff. And shittake go with pretty much anything.

Did you miss /b/? Someone has a problem and we're trying to help.

Seems you got a lot of good ideas. Have you considered gravy? Hopefully you didn't discard all the blood. Mix that with barley or wheat flour, some water, you can make a nice blood gravy to top. And your in-laws you said are from Slovakia, blood gravy is common there. Give em a taste of home.

I hadn't considered! That's a great idea. I'll have to boil the fuck out the blood. Maybe mix in some chicken bullion.

Now that you mention it, I kind of do miss /b/. It all got pretty weird though, there's nothing much of value there anymore.

My grandma is Slovak and she always uses tons of garlic in her meat, pieces of cloves placed in cuts in the top of the piece. Plus some Rosemary, Cardamom, and Basil. Very good

This. I killed a dear today with a bow at 15 yards from my stand hitting just behind the front shoulder (heart/lung) when he was at side profile. No one would aim for the neck with a bow, period.