Planning on hunting a bunch of these this season, Veeky Forums

Planning on hunting a bunch of these this season, Veeky Forums.

Need some good recipes. Wild goose is......a little different.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pmz61eVFgA
madeinmykitchen.com/2013/09/atk-chicken-tikka-masala.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Canada goose aren’t edible.

You can cook it like any other bird, just remember there is a VERY fine line between properly cooked and overcooked-and-dry. Brine the goose first. If it's very lean then bard it (google "barding poultry" if you don't know what that means). In addition to barding make sure you work some butter (ideally flavored with herbs) between the skin and the meat. If you don't have mad oven kung-fu skills then use a thermometer with a remote probe so you can make damn sure you don't overcook it.

Be sure to save the fat; rendered goose fat is god-tier for cooking with.

They make decent sausages and jerky, if done right
Thanks. I'm a better cook than I am a good shot. I'm hoping to procure some tips as to how to avoid that "gamey" flavor.

Why eat Canadian geese? Seems like a small step above pigeons and other rat birds.

because I'm going to hunt and kill several of them, would be a damn shame to let them waste away. I wouldn't bother hunting them at all if I wasn't gonna eat'em. Good meat on these little fuckers.

Basically use a coq au vin recipe for them.
I would not roast them whole in the oven.

this actually looks pretty good, will try it out. Thanks.

I'm finding (and being told by other goose hunters) that making Pastrami out of goose breasts is a pretty sure bet.

Anyone with experience making pastrami out of goose breast here?

I had no idea there were ways to cook demons.

They eat garbage and sewage. Don't eat those things man.

>implying

>Eating flappy hissers.
Don't kill endangered species, user.

Thank you for your services

Soak the meat in salt water for a couple hours right after butchering them to leech out the blood. Water should be salty, but not quite brine salty.

I like to stew them with onion, tomato, worcestershire sauce and a little sugar/sweetening element of choice.

>trying to hunt the Honking Jew
Enjoy your hideous death when a dozen of them mob you and peck the flesh from your bones, OP.

Stop murdering animals you fucking psychopath.

I'm a Cree hunter/trapper. I live in northern Quebec and I eat hundreds of them every year. I had goose for supper today as a matter of fact. They taste really fuckin' good but thats only because they've been eating wild vegetation for weeks before they landed in front of my blind.
Don't do any of this shit.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pmz61eVFgA
Vegans tongue my anus.

Canadian Geese are avian niggers... Please kill as many as you can.

I made pheasant tikka with my birbs
madeinmykitchen.com/2013/09/atk-chicken-tikka-masala.html

any strongly flavored dish is probably good (chili, escabeche, whatever) you could probably sneak in a few hearts/livers/gizzards too

I can be pretty assured that the ones I will be eating are no feasting on garbage and sewage lol
These things are not endangered man, c'mon
You should tell them geese to go ahead and go south for the year lol I'll be waiting.
Will do. Can only kill avian niggers on certain days of the week though, by law.

HONK!

I really enjoy goose jerky and making sausages with lots of garlic and lots of paprika.
You can broil the breast in the oven, but keep them rare. Sliced against the grain they're pretty tender and taste a lot like beef. Good with just a little salt.

This. Geese deserve anything they get.

The niggers of Canada.

I did make some jerky out of some goose breasts last year. They were pretty tasty.

Kek

saved

eskimos?

Search recipies on Google,why are you even here?

Because I've always been here, amongst a few other boards.

Why the fuck do you bother replying if you're going to tell me to google it? You honestly think I haven't googled it?

I want firsthand accounts you filthy fucking philistine.

Make burgers with half goose half bacon. Fantastic.

Now THIS sounds like a good idea! Thank you sir, I will try this one as well.

Definitely trying that.

what anime is that from?

At least read the filename, that's hint enough. Also, lurk more.

Go dogger go

Good boy

>dogger

Hunt them all. Geese are aggressive shitheads.

Based doggo protecting his owner from the shitty goose.

Shut up faggot. Dogger is perfectly acceptable vocabulary on this site.

I'm amazed by how soft his mouth is on that live goose. Damn good dog.

Can I kill a goose at my local park and eat it without getting in trouble?

These fuckers are everywhere and they're covering the entire bike trail with geese shit. They hiss at people jogging and are generally a bunch of faglords.

I dare one of these fucking geese to try and bite me. I will choke it by its stupid fucking neck while I punch the air out of its oversize chest and make it honk against its will. Then I will eat it.

You will piss off some soccer mom for hurting "nature"

>"Dad, you have to shoot them before I can bring them to you or they attack you!"

The one filming is clearly a girl

possibly relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw

Must be a bird dog.

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!

Oh most definitely. That's why I was saying that, no run of the mill lab would
A. Not completely throttle the goose and
B. Grab it so gingerly around the base of the neck