How did you quit smoking Veeky Forums?

How did you quit smoking Veeky Forums?

I got bored of it

I started dipping, and now I'm addicted to that.

:(

I haven't

harder habit to kick desu

my pops said he quit by getting hypnotized. honeslty you should try that without even looking up the science - if it's real, it's real. if it's sugar pill, then it's sugar pill- either way i bet itll help

I smoked cannabis relentlessly for 3 days and made believe I was possessed by a demon that I had to starve out of me

It's a hard habit to hold onto if you're physically active and care about your performance. Start running and you'll be embarrassed of your physical limitations and quit. That's how it worked for me.

I just stopped. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess who could just drop it and have very few issues and it's not like I was a purely social smoker, between 14 and 19 it was a constant, particularly heavy near the end. But one day I just dropped it and have never looked back.

That's a lie, I'll have the odd one here and there while at a bar with people who still smoke. But that's not often at all.

started feeling like shit so it had to go

That's how my dad quit too. I don't want to quit yet.

I think so too. Glad I don't smoke anymore but that's not saying much I guess. Was thinking about the patch next. Not sure I'm the hynotee type, but I appreciate the suggestion and it's good to know it worked for someone.

This is good.

The nicotine gum is really good. If you can find somebody selling expired boxes then get them. Sometimes Rite-Aid will sell them on Amazon. They work just as good and they're very cheap.

Bad advice. The gum has really bad side effects, like hair loss.

>isolate yourself to the degree that the anxiety of going outside and getting smokes trumps the desire for nicotine
>???
>healthy hermit

I still have my hair.

Good, me too. But that doesn't change the fact that many who have taken the gum have experienced hair loss and other bad side effects. People can look these things up easily and see that the gum is actually not a good option for quitting.

White knuckled it and drank ridiculous amounts of whiskey for a week. If you can get through the first 3 days it just becomes a choice instead of a feeling

>getting drunk
>helping with not smoking

You're a strange lad, user. The only moments I tend to relapse is when I've had a drink or ten.

they should replace all cigarette packaging with this

This, literally

Never started in the first place.

>Veeky Forums

I believed you the first time. I don't care.

>that rising smoke in front of his chest

He's probably holding at least one more lit cigarette.

I've had my fair share of cigarettes, but never once got addicted. Which is strange considering how so many of my family members have some sort of addiction, be it alcohol, cigs, cannabis or gambling.

I'm fine with all of that, and nothing seems to stick to me.

this.

and addicition is for losers.

???

If you don't care enough to look into things, don't offer advice about said things.

I smoke on and on off every few months but it usually takes me a long time to finish even one pack. Usually a week or two and them I'm done. The rush I get from a cigarette quickly lessens, to the point that it's nonexistent and then I give up on them for about half a year. It's been a repeating cycle since my senior year of high school.

Frankly, I have a harder time giving up soda than I do cigarettes.

Easy way to stop smoking (book, free pdf on the internet)

You misunderstand me. I care whether or not the gum helps people quit smoking, but I don't care whether or not the gum increases any chance of hair loss so you repeatedly telling me that it increases chance of hair loss is superfluous.

Can confirm

Once i started playing football competitively again, i noticed smoking was holding back my stamina. It also helped cut out drinking, and getting high every night.

I didn't need to, I don't develop habit forming addictions. except Veeky Forums.

I told you it increases hair loss. You said you had your hair. I said your personal situation doesn't come into it. You said you didn't care. So I said then don't give advice. Then I'm the one being superfluous?

You got shitty communication skills, buddy. Work on the autism.

I don't get it, I smoked for 2 years because I was working as a chef and it's the only way you get a break. Then I stopped immediately when I quit.

It helps if you don't hang out with losers too.

Smoking was a part of my life for almost a decade. Despite numerous half-hearted attempts, I couldn't shake the habit. Some years ago I was given an ultimatum by my partner: quit smoking or say goodbye to sex. I haven't had a cigarette since my stag party.

>partner

I light a ciggie every second day. But they were rolled ciggies, and I'm a poor student.
IDK it helps pass the time. I'll stop when I graduate

I haven't yet. I know I should quit but I've smoked for 20 years...I simply enjoy it too much to give up the habit just yet.

You actually took the time to write this post and I'm supposed to be the one with autism. I don't know what your problem is.

Anyone who smokes should at the very least switch to vaping.

Same
I can't make it habit beccause i'm too lazy to go and buy cigs, since the nearest store isn't very near.
I buy a pack when i'm at a party or gathering or whatever, but i tend to share them a lot so i always finish a pack before i get home.
Sometimes i feel the urge to smoke but it's never too strong to make me go and buy some.

I smoke to look cool

You gave bad advice; I corrected your bad advice; you said you didn't care then went into an autism spiral so that's what it became about.

Is it worth switching to vaping to aid in the quitting process?

All this vape culture shit pisses me off and turns me off the idea of vaping to help me quit but has it actually worked for anyone here?

It will help you quit in that you won't want to be seen in public doing it and your friends will ruthlessly make fun of you until you quit.

I didn't give bad advice. The gum is effective at getting people to stop smoking. After you brought up the potential hair loss I said I don't care about it and you seem to have taken offense at this. What exactly is your problem?

i read "the easy way to stop smoking" or something like that by allen carr. im clean a year and a half now