How many slices of cheese for a perfect grilled cheese?

How many slices of cheese for a perfect grilled cheese?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY
recipes.howstuffworks.com/history-of-grilled-cheese.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=dxu75V4HHAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>slices
>not using shredded
Plebs are going to pleb.

Two, unless they are thin slices, then you may need 4. Always slice your own cheese.

>Grilled cheese
Americans continue to surprise me with the gross foods they eat

i used 1 slice of smoked provolone and 1 slice of american """cheese"""
turned out pretty good

Don't be stupid. Every country full of whites has some kind of hot and cold cheese sandwich. Stop baiting.

>gross
...it's cheese and bread

shredded is shit
dispersal of the cheese is not uniform so some segments of the sandwich interior will have less cheese and orovid a less satisfying bite.

Enough to completely cover the bread. For standard sized bread, this means one slice per side. The bread I've been buying recently is wider so I use 1.5 slices per side.

We don't all have cerebral palsy so it isn't an issue.

I always use three slices. Two isn't enough for me, and but I tried four once and it didn't cook all the way through so I was left with unmelted cheese in the center.

Could always cook it in a toaster oven.

Jesus Christ. Can we have one day without shills from the cheese industry (((subtly))) trying to get us to buy their damn cheese. If I see one more happy cows come from california I will fuck my own ass. By the way if you must know, 5 slices is best. Muenster and mozerela.

I prefer raclette on top of toasted bread

>five slices
For 3 sandwhiches?
That shit would be leaking out all sides at three or more unless you're using massive bread.

Whatever you say pal. Cheese melts are what I do. And I use the microwave, nothing spills out.

cheese looks rubbery and nasty moments after it is poured.

>not 44

2 is all that's necessary

Quanto basta.

2 slices of american. Then a healthy pile of sharp cheddar. Serve with a pickle and cheetos/chips, or tomato bisque/soup.

3 or 4. Usually 3. Depends on the size of the bread.

your penis looks rubbery and nasty moments after it is poured

If I'm using singles, usually 2.5 fit the bread I use the best. Sometimes Cheese Whiz.

fyi there is nothing worse than a grilled cheese with too much cheese

youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

>slices
pppppPPPPFFFFTTT HAHAHAHAHAHA
You'll never make a perfect grilled cheese with SLICES

>grilled cheese sandwich
>never goes near a grill

2 slices of provolone with sliced tomato in between.

recipes.howstuffworks.com/history-of-grilled-cheese.htm
InB4 TLDR. You can gently grill 'grilled cheese', or griddle it which is usually on the grill-line of a kitchen, or place iron on the grill to toast it on, or even use a fucking blow-torch. It's a cheese-sandwich regardless of how you heat it. Grilled cheese just sounds more appetizing than clothing-iron cheese.

youtube.com/watch?v=dxu75V4HHAk

1 slice you fat degenerates

Only if it's a thick slice of cheese. Otherwise you're eating way more bread than cheese, which is just stupid.

you dont fucking use ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''CHEESE'''''''''''''''' SLICES

Use red leicester/sharp cheddar mix - additionally use gruyere/red leicester instead.

even some cheap shitty poundland pepper jack is better than that processed dairy shet.

I use 100 day old Gouda personally.

The whole block

The real question, what do you spread on the bread before tossing it in the pan?

I know butter is the most normal way, but I've seen and tried mayo as well. What other things?

Why would I waste time shredding Kraft singles?

Needs thick sliced ham

Duck fat.

>mayo
I don't get this meme. I tried doing this for the first time the other day, it just made the bread soggy, and did not add any flavor.

It is suppose to give it a crispier crunch than regular butter. Never tried it.

Grilled cheese goes good with jalapenos on it.

Use less mayo. The butter soaks into the bread and makes it dense and oily, a light spread of mayo makes it crisper bread while not adding too much of the taste

The first thing you need is actual cheese, not fucking Plastic Singles

>The butter soaks into the bread and makes it dense and oily
Use less butter. Mayo has egg which tastes bad IMO when it gets browned.

I think the mayo thing is just for people who don't have softened butter to spread, but if that's the case you can just rub a little butter on the heated pan before putting the sandwich in. And if you use medium-low heat to give it enough time to brown and crisp up, it gets just as crispy as using mayo.

>not 38

I prefer to use y slices of pepper jack cheese, 3 slices of cheddar, 4 string cheese cheese melted, and I like to top it off with half a slice of Swiss cheese

>butter both sides of the bread
>grill both sides of the bread before putting cheese on
>get both crispy bread and delicious butter flavor

1 1/2. put the whole slice in one corner and divide the 1/2 slice in 2 and fill up the rest of the bread still showing. depends on the type of bread you use. I use just regular old white bread and American cheese.

I just cook two slices of toast in the toaster, put some cheese between the two pieces and then microwave it on high for about 20 seconds.

Turns out perfect and you don't dirty any fry pans.

Idiot.

I agree, it looked like anime cum.

I'd take some steaming anime cum in my mouth

I tried the gruyere meme. Smelled and tasted like feet. Red Leicester was nice, though.

>cheese melts are what i do
>microwave
you dont do a lot, do you

>Fox and the grapes

Sorry you can't afford cheese and bread.

>He doesn't put a little shredded cheese on the outside of the bread so it gets all crispy

How add garlic clove to grill cheese

Mince and dry or toast slightly before sprinkling over.

Or mash in a mortar and spread on the bread before toasting or grilling, beneath the cheese of course.

Not him, but I'm going to try this now.

Muenster
Colby
Cheddar or Mozz
garlic sprinkle on buttered outside

make sure to mix the cheeses, not just 3 layers

forgot to mention, use a dense bread. something where even a small end slice weighs more than 2 Wonderbread slices

We have them in Europe and elsewhere too, but called grilled cheese paninis. A bit different since the bread is usually more dense and kraft singles aren't usually the cheese of choice but it's still toasted bread and cheese.

Make roasted garlic. Basically bake a bunch of peeled cloves in olive oil. The cloves become spreadable.

Thanks frens will try

how do you shred american cheese?

Real raclette grills are infinitely superior since you can get the cheese a little crispy on top and grill veggies/meats on top while you wait. Can get them for well under $50 on amazon.

Use 2 slices. 1 should be a hard, sharp cheese like cheddar or asiago. The other should be a soft mild cheese like mozarella, Havarti, American (cheese product) or cream "cheese."

One is plenty.

2 is optimal.

>most likely comes from a country where they eat shit like haggis
>has the audacity to call anyone else's food gross