Got a 10lb ham shank, don't have brown sugar for a honey glaze tho, can I just substitute white sugar...

Got a 10lb ham shank, don't have brown sugar for a honey glaze tho, can I just substitute white sugar? Can I use the honey on its own? Pls respond

You can do whatever you want as you own the ham shank

The ham is your property son, last time I checked this is the land of the free.

Maybe next time get a halal meat and you won't have to worry about it.

Yeah but I want to make it taste good
See above
What did he mean by this

Sure, white sugar will brown as it cooks, if you have molasses add a teaspoonful to the mix, it will give you the taste of brown sugar.

Highly doubtful.

Just coat the outside of the ham with cinnamon and sugar, then drizzle some honey over it when it's done.

What do you think brown sugar is? It's white sugar sprayed with molasses...

This sounds delicious, thank you!

I mean, I was kinda joking, that's what I do when I bake bubble bread for dessert but after thinking about it for a bit it would probably taste pretty good on a ham too. Good luck user.

OP here, decided on doing with some dry ancho pepper seeds wish me luck!

This glaze is delicious, just put a layer on the ham, gotta make more tho

BTW that's water and dry chili pods in there, it's not a dirty pan I swear

it's you again!
I really like your style, just remember to keep uploading periodically, nothing kills a youtube channel more quick than producing no content

cheers

Nice dubs also I probably won't update till the ham is donezo

It's done booooys. Gonna make some scalloped potatoes and serve it up for my family

thumb

Nice, good job dude. I'd definitely slam.

looks pretty nice, another pic would be good

Ask and ye shall receive

Reduced all the liquid in the pan and added some honey and hot sauce, poured it over the whole shank. Can't wait to eat

If you have molasses you can make brown sugar at home.

Hate to break it to you my guy but it's a little late for that lol

>hot sauce
Congrats. You ruined it.

>he can't handle heat

Mayo detected

use honey and orange with some orange zest and pineapple juice for the glaze. also chopped pecans if you add them later during the glaze.