What's your favorite chili recipe? I plan on making a lot this year and want to hear what everyone likes

What's your favorite chili recipe? I plan on making a lot this year and want to hear what everyone likes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6_G_0ZdCJHU?t=1205
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inb4 arguments about beans/meat

I like my turkey chili.

>1 lb ground turkey, browned in 2 tbs butter
>season w/ s&p, cumin, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, little turmeric
>add diced onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeƱo or other hot pepper
>tomato paste, chopped stewed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes
>corn, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans

Cooks in ~1h. Served with white rice and a little cheese/ sour cream.

All I'm going to say is any dumb faggot who doesn't put both beans and meat in his chili deserves no chili at all.

You had me until you ruined it with corn.

I did almost exactly this almost 3 weeks ago, except I added a can of tomato sauce (plain) and had to use lima beans because I didn't have any other beans.

Should chili have any meat in it, or should it just be chili peppers + chili powder?

I don't have time to write out the entire recipe right now, but I'll tell you what I use, which is the same recipe my family has used forever.
>Chuck roast, coarse ground
>cubed brisket (which will fall apart as the chili simmers for hours)
>Sirloin, coarse ground OR occasionally hot pork sausage
>A mix of dried chile peppers toasted, soaked, and made into a paste using a little beef broth, garlic, and toasted cumin seeds
>shit ton of onions
>shit ton of garlic
>couple cans of Ro-tel tomatoes with green chiles
>ground cumin
>Gebhardt chili powder (It has a good flavor that really rounds it out)
>Mexican oregano
>fresh Serrano chiles
>fresh poblano chiles
>couple bottles of beer
>a cup of strong coffee
>if it needs extra liquid, add beef broth or more beer
>beans are optional, sometimes I add them but usually I don't. If I do add them, I use Ranch Style beans because they already have a chili type flavor and won't rob the chili of flavors.

And I always have chile pequins and hot sauce on the table In case someone wants to burn it up. I also offer cheese or sour cream for the people that need to cut the heat. Saltine crackers on the table are a must, traditionally, but I'll also make some cornbread or offer corn chips or tortillas if people like that.

What the everloving fuck is wrong with you people? You made tomato fucking stew.

by putting beans in it, it stops being chili.

chili is dried beef, salt, and peppers, added to water to rehydrate and heat in a pot over a fire.

it's simply not chili when you add beans, tomatoes, or onions, it's a stew. so don't call it fucking chili.

t. from texas

Some fuck, we call him chilibro, has posted a recipe before that everyone agrees is goat. Maybe search the archives.

Fuck you, you're not a real Texan. I've never met anyone here that only uses meat, chiles, and water. You're full of shit and baiting. I've never seen any Texan, ever, not add onions to their chili.

2 lbs meat - drained
2 beers
Can of diced tomatoes
2 cans of beans
1 diced onion
Peppers (Whatever I can find. At least 4 different kinds.) I normally cut up peppers until I have a good sized mound

Throw all that shit in a slow cooker for at least 4 hours.

>Move 'em out, head 'em up, get 'em up
Move 'em out, head 'em up, get 'em up
Rawhide!

probably because you've never seen a texan. at best you've seen cali-import soyboy trash.

also you forgot salt. and you can use other kinds of peppers besides chilis, but obviously they're the predominant feature here. the stores in cattle towns that would make the chili would probably use about any kind of pepper they could get their hands on as they grew all over.

there is an infographic titled 2 am chili or something like that
it's really good, but i add a little more brown sugar than the recipe calls for

I only use corn in turkey chili, and I get where you're coming from. I added it on a whim the first time I made it and liked it, but it doesn't suit regular chili to my liking.

if you pureƩ it with the chilis, it adds sweetness to counter the spiciness from the chilis.

Excuse me, but I'm an 8th generation Texan, and my great grandfather was an actual Cattle Baron who actually ate at the Chili Queens stalls in the plaza in San Antonio. You can go fuck yourself, auslander.

meat and chilis dried and canned.
That's all.

mexico doesn't count as texas you fucking shitskin liar

Don't be so butthurt about being an auslander, user. It's not your fault you're not a real Texan. But stop lying about shit and baiting people with your stupidity.

its like a 2017 mexican-american war

Except no one's a Mexican here, it's just one guy who's a fucking idiot and is trying to bait people with his meme chili.

i am a real texan. i was born in raised in dallas, and i'm aryan. we made texas. you are not a real texan. you are a hopeless leech visitor, and you always were. you don't fucking deserve to live in texas, if you even do, which i highly fucking doubt - you sound NOTHING like a texan. you should fall on your fucking knees and thank me with your fucking tears that you're allowed to exist in the republic of texas, cosanguinuous with the united states.

fucking beaner. you know why they're called that, right? because they put beans in chili, like you.

[Chile] con [carne] y [frijoles]
[pepper(s) sauce/adobo] with [meat] and [beans]

I'm not finding this, anyone have the recipe?

nobody has access to fucking goat.

You keep trying to call me Mexican, which means you must be one, or you're black. And you're proud of being from Dallas? Lol, yeah Dallas is a shitpile. Also, just because you're too stupid to know what auslander means, that's on you faggot.
I grew up on my family's vast cattle ranch in the Hill Country, where we have actual scenery and beautiful hills covered in oaks, instead of flat, ugly shit land. You're a fucking rhinestone cowboy city boy who knows less about chili than you do about Texas, who couldn't afford to lick my boots. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

>turkey in 2 tbs butter
Butter? Then just use beef.
>season w/ thyme, turmeric
Stop
>tomato paste, chopped stewed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes
For fucks sake...choose one.
>corn, beans, beans, beans
No fuckin corn. I hate mid-water rubes
And easy on the beans

Your recipe is crap.

I honestly love it, it's a good solid chili recipe and the heat isn't nearly as bad as they make it out to be

>lima
Kill yourself

>You keep trying to call me Mexican, which means you must be one.

this is shitskin tier mexilogic. i'm stating the FACT that you are mexican, which i have discovered through your mexican tier reading and writing skills, and your fucking beanering of chili. you shitskins invade texan cuisine the same way you invade america over the border.

i've dealt with your kind before. and my grandfathers shot your kind before. by the dozen. have fun getting deported by ICE. you can have your chili ala beaner over in fucking mexico where you came from.

la cucaracha, la cucaracha, you know the lyrics to that one, right? yeah, you're the cucaracha.

>texans arguing over who's the least inbred and retarded
This is like watching rats squabbling over a moldy slice of pizza. I'm horrified and disgusted, and yet I can't stop watching.

We need to see more pics of fucking chili.

>reading and writing skills
>from a tard who can't spell or punctuate correctly

No need to be so angry at people who are better educated than you, dumbass. Your posts are pathetic.

>p.s. texas was owned by mexico until we stole it. But I'll bitch all day about the niggers stealing a carton of cigarettes!

please just secede already

Also, please show me where I said anything about beans, you Dallas ghetto cunt.

And i can tell you have never made a pot of texas red...at least not one worth eating. People like you are the same kind of people that run off and join isis. Someone tells you the only right way is the way of your ancestors. This belief is reinforced when you find other weak but like minded individuals who lack the ability to think for yourselves. So without the ability to effectively cope with change and opinions that differ from yours you lash out at things you dont understand.

Beans or no beans...its still fucking chili and a bunch of inbred texan faggots dont own the rights to it.

>stole it

you've never cracked a single history book in your entire life, have you?

texas literally seceeded from mexico as a free state, because mexico was so opressively shitty. then they asked the united states for help after being fucking invaded by half-cast warlords angry that nobody wanted to be a fucking mexican. after they got their shit kicked in, later on, mexico decides to invade. again. and they got their shit kicked in. again. so hard that they literally gave us california and stuff. they gave it to us straight up and we paid them some money anyways because we didn't want to be such huge dicks.

'stole'? no. nobody stole shit.

>spelling and punctuation

you clearly don't even know what these things are.

fuck off, BEANER.

nothing you have ever made was ever worth a single drop of anything that i have ever made. my first pot of chili was and will be forevermore better than your last pot of chili, faggot. you'll die trying to beat me but you never will. fuck you, my ancestors could make a fucking ghost chili and it'd be better than your fucking chili made of ketchup and hotdogs with taco bell hotsauce.

i've thought for myself more times than you've ever thought at all, you fucking nigger. i think for myself all the time. there's nothing about your faggot ass that i don't understand except how you haven't shot yourself in the head from being too much of a fucking faggot.

and yes, texas DOES own the rights to chili, you retard. it's our state dish.

Get a load of this assblasted retard everyone. I want people to take a good look, and then remember that not all Texans are this fucking stupid and belligerent. Just the ones who are uneducated, far right, bible belt thumpers, which luckily is mainly segregated to North Texas, the Panhandle, and North-East Texas. Please note that Texas is a huge place, and if you visit, stay south of Waco, and east of San Angelo.

hokay, soyboy.

>'just remember, texans are actually faggots'

nice try, fucking california immigrant.

This is the stupidest argument of all time.
>hurr I'm a real Texas cowboy and you aren't

So angry...so lost.
I understand...your anguish.
You're watching your only way of life and your very limited view of the world vanish...and it will do so probably within your lifetime.

Keep lashing out.
Keep hating everything different.
Keep denying the inevitably.
It will help.

keep sucking dick

you'll get aids

>this much denial and deflection.

Go back to thumping your bible and raging against things that you can't control, cunt. REAL Texans know how to mind their own goddamn business, which you are incapable of.

Kek. Stealing this for pasta
Also beans in chili is 100% necessary
Come at me beef stew faggots

It's not an argument, it's fact. Lots of people like to play pretend cowboy in Texas, but they'll never come close to being in any way like a real one, and they would be completely dumbfounded if faced with actually working a ranch.

how would you have any fucking idea what a real texan is?

if it has beans, it's stew. chili is just meat, salt and peppers. this isn't an opinion or a matter of debate.

i didn't know they had ranches in california, i thought they just grew soy and toast avacados. it must have been one of those bestiality ranches.

so you're right, i don't know anything about getting fucked in the ass like you do. i'm not a real 'cowboy' like you and pic related.

Because I am one.

So when the "beanerbeanerbeaner" tactic didn't work, you decided to switch it up to "californian", huh? Fuck off, idiot.

Also, they do have ranches in California, which you would know if you ever bothered to leave your mom's basement in Richardson.

Fucking moron.

I knew there had to be texans who were rational human beings. Thanks for confirming that and btfo the bible thumping fundamentalist living in a cave along the Brazos river north of Waco.

literally confirmed as a faggot and californian.

>trying to pretend that somehow beaner and califaggot are mutually exclusive

ahahahhhahhaaaaahahha

cowboy?

nah.

half brown soyboy.

boy of the SOY variety, not COW. ahhahahahaha.

great argument, brainlet.

samefagging? that's just pathetic, you reeking little shitskin faggot.

pic related, white man technology and Veeky Forums forensics, you're busted.

I'm starting to see why it's open-season on Texans.

lol. You must be some transplant.

You don't even know how to check for samefagging, you fucking dickcheese.

How many times did your methmom drop you on your fuckingbhead as a baby? We all know Dallas is fucking methtown. Go back to your containment board with the other basement dwellers.

Nope. Try again.

I just wanted to make some good chili

you can't hide the truth, soyboy. you got mad, you decided to cheat. you were flustered, you made a mistake. you got caught.

now go back to sucking dick and stop shitting up this thread with your retardation and libfagging.

yep. he's not a texan, and if he is, he's probably from california and is a liberal homosexual.,

>lying this hard to seem relevant

You're just fucking sad, dude. You have no idea what you're even doing, do you? Just how drunk or hopped up are you right now? You're a fucking idiot.

So many assblasted samefag Dallascunts in here.

"seeming relevant" is the kind of goals that faggot cali soyboys from california would have - not a fucking texan.

you've completely lost the plot.

>he accused me of samefagging! better accuse him back!

your IQ is below 100.

Enjoy

i sure hope you didn't use the prepackaged chili spice mix

I don't fucking know man...

I usually just grab a bunch of ground turkey, tomato sauce and ground mexican chili spices from the mexican aisle.

Pretty hard to fuck up chili when basically everything works with it.

Fuck no
We do it live!

>look up world championship winning chili recipes
>most of the recipes use shit tier ingredients, canned stocks, boullion, and store bought chili powder

what's the deal? are the judges total fucking plebs or are we all autism? what's the most prestigious texas chili cook off? I want to see some real recipes

I don't want to eat at your house on chili night.

this recipe looks legit as fuck

that's because a lot of competitions have really shit rulesets that only let you use shit ingredients

Ive done exactly that and youre right...most of the recipes are complete shit. Ever notice you dont see too many professionally trained chefs winning chili cookoffs? The idea of having fresh herbs...depth of flavor or textural contrast... its not what theyre looking for in "authentic" texas red. The judges(or competitors) typically dont have the palate to recognize a superior preparation. It would be considered "too foreign" or "too fancy" or "just aint right" because people that have been raised on and know of nothing other than dried canned or frozen food simply dont like what the majority of the world would consider good fresh food.

Nah. Most just say "no filler" meaning corn beans hot dogs and other stupid crap...and there are stipulations on the degree of pre-cookoff prep you can do offsite. Fresh herbs, homemade "chili powder", quality stocks, roasting, smoking whatever it takes...usually allowed. But no one does it. No one does it because they are not trying to make "good" chili they are trying to make "winning" chili. To be winning chili you have to be something familiar to the judges. If its familiar to the judges then it reminds them of something they used to make when they were competitors...which they made to appeal to their judges....and those judges liked it because it reminds them of....well you get it. No one wants to be truly creative or too different.

My favorite and most memorable "Great Chefs" episode was a Texas Chili. It was some pleb in western wear throwing jarred spices into a pot. It looked so out of place given the show featured Micheline starred chefs.

I found it on youtube.
youtu.be/6_G_0ZdCJHU?t=1205

> soyboy
Faggot confirmed
>plebbit spacing
Faggot confirmed
>trying to talk about IQ when you have one of a turnip
Faggot moron confirmed.
You should have stopped posting long ago, newbie.

>buy premade chili at the deli
>eat
Walla

It's because of the time limits.
This doesn't just affect chili though, it happens in most cook off competitions.

It's definitely pretty low tier but I love this shit. I grew up eating it and the flavor really grew on me. I've had much better chili's but I eat so much of it that I always have some of this lying around for when I want a brain dead easy bowl that will lift my spirits.

Nostalgia is the strongest flavor.

>ctrl + f
>beans
>24 results

Ok. So, you're basically right. However, pretty much every state in the country besides New England (And maybe there too, but I'm not familiar) has chili cookoffs. I grew up in Texas, and the most famous of all there is the "World Championship" Terlingua Chili Cookoff. I grew up down the road from one of the winners. And her chili was good, but not great. And all the people in this thread who are proclaiming " muh meat, dried chiles, salt, and water" are full of shit, because that is ONLY the pre-1840s version of chili. Chili has been the official dish of Texas since 1977.
I've been to many other chili cookoffs in other states as well. At one in the Midwest, a nasty version of a corn based kind won, with so little actual spice it was laughable. At another, in California, a black bean and pumpkin "chili" won. In the south, you'll see many that use more east coast / gulf coast spices and ingredients, like the Trinity and even crab "chili".
People seem to think one of two things: that chili is not chili unless it's like what the dirty cattle camp cook made 200 years ago, or that any stew can be chili as long as it has some form of peppers in it. Both those opinions are wrong. Chili is a specific dish, which should be made with a combination of fresh and dried ingredients that captures the flavors of the southwest. After all, chili is most literally the great granddaddy of texmex cuisine.

I would NEVER use a prebagged chili mix, however, I will say that French's legitimately makes some of the best condiments, so I'd bet that one is pretty good compared to others. I used to fucking hate tomato ketchup with a passion until I tried French's. It's not nearly as sweet as others and has more spice to it.

If you faggots weren't so afraid of actually exploring more Mexican peppers, you wouldn't even be having these ridiculous arguments. There's no such thing as chili in Mexico, over there it's just called 'carne guisada' or 'beef stew.' Chili is one of those embarrassing, bastardized recipes that somehow remained in Texas after the maps were done being drawn and was eventually adopted as a subpar recipe. Whenever someone comes up with a better, nontraditional recipe, 95% of the time they are using peppers that come from Mexico and not commonly eaten by the mainstream US public.

I fucking hate the Chili debate and you all suck. Chinguense, llorones.

Adding some cinnamon in a chili during cook is
a secret weapon

Mexican opinions need not apply. Chili does use chili's of Mexican origin, but it's decidedly a dish of the Republic of Texas, which came about through many discombobulated channels after the war for Texas Independence. It's actually a dish that should unite us, since both mexicans and white Texans contributed to the dish from the very beginnings. Like I said before, it's the great granddaddy of texmex, and deserves a firm and duly respected place in historical cuisine.

Found the Cincy fag.

Texas is Mexico

Two texans went into a bar...

... Both shoot each other trying to decide who had the reddest neck.

Your argument falls apart when people in competitions start incorporating Mexican cooking techniques and ingredients into their chiis and they start winning said competitions.

At what point does chili become carne guisada or carne adobada? Are there strict culinary guidelines imposed by a state authority on this matter? Mince that meat and it becomes picadillo. This argument isn't about semantics, it is about establishing boundaries. If you can't do this, then the essence of the dish is bound to become a gross travesty of its roots.

I am sad about not being able to see chili become shredded chicken breast doused with tabasco sitting on top of a blob of mashed soybeans in 80 years.

There are boundaries, and chili is not like carne guisada, adobada, or picadillo. That's what people fail to understand. It has boundaries, but because it's so well known, people take stupid liberties with it and turn it into a shitty version of stew. People bastardize recipes everywhere. I've actually eaten carne guisada and chile verde in places that you would be fucking horrified over. That's one of the things that happens with so many people traveling and living all over the world. Do you really think there's not a fucking plethora of terrifyingly bastardized Mexican dishes out there?

No, it's not. We won the war, remember?

I rather have stew

Stew is a real mans dish

Alright boys, I'm gonna make chili con carne with beans right now and call it that

I guess the drunken texan is sleeping it off.

Bump

Only thing I do differently is adding the chilies over time. Chilis take on different flavors as they cook, so you get a more complex flavor.

Chili like you are discussing is still a stew even without beans. What the fuck is even your arguement.

>used to like my chilli solid
that was a bad habit, crackers have so many calories, but man was it good though.

>chili thread
>over 9000 reaction images
>a single OC pic of chili
wtf. This thread needs to die.

it should just be your bfs cum