Anyone got a good recipe for a good sauce that works well with chicken and rice...

Anyone got a good recipe for a good sauce that works well with chicken and rice? Hopefully something that doesn't contain that much cream or sugar, and can be made in bulk.

Make a peanut sauce.

try using cashew to make a cream

>good sauce that works well with chicken
Oh yeah there are plenty!
>... and rice?
Oh fuck, you're poor; nevermind.

You don't need sauce, just fry the chicken and add a few spices. Don't overcook the rice and it will remain moist enough. Scratch that, you don't need chicken.

you don't need rice either, op; just eat spices

I'm also looking for an answer to this question, bump.

Can't go wrong with a nice mushroom gravy.

Dice whatever mushroom, saute with onions/garlic in butter, dissolve flower in butter, add milk etc.

season with tarragon, black pepper, celery seed, salt and a dash of nutmeg

>dissolve flower in butter
will dandelions work?

Hey man I've been shitposting on 3 boards for like a solid 10 hours. Fatigue, ya know?

>opefully something that doesn't contain that much cream or sugar, and can be made in bulk.

If you're trying to avoid dairy and carbs, coconut milk is a great replacement for both when doing Asian foods.

If you're trying to avoid calories then I got nothing.

Salsa verde

Sweat a mirepoix of onion, celery and carrot.
Add 1 chopped zuchini and 1 chopped yellow squash.
Toss in a bunch of chopped garlic and a chili pepper.
Toss in a tbs of tomato paste.
Add 6 diced roma potatoes.
Season with black pepper, oregano, and a shitload of fresh basil.
Add chicken and enough liquid to almost cover the chicken, bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for an hour or two.
Eat the chicken and use the sauce as a topping for it, or simply add it to the rice and mix until you get the desired consistency.

Make a velouté. Basically a bechamel with stock instead of milk. Knock a tiny bit of cream into it and it's FUCKING awesome

It's also a really good base for soups. Doesn't matter if the stock is fond du volatile, finds bruns or Blanc..

Another go to is a Nahm Jim. Or some bastard derivative. Chop a bunch of cilantro, half mint, teaspoon galangal, one stick lemon grass, couple kaffir lime leaf, three cloves garlic, some onion, teaspoon shrimp paste, lime juice, lemon juice and nam pla to taste. I like it salty so I go nuts on fish sauce. Adjust sugar or make a salsa with fresh pinapple dice. Nice light fresh topping for grilled thigh or frenched drumstick

Sateh sauce

Another really easy one. Make an orange juice reduction with cracked black pepper. When it almost cost the back of a spoon, make it into a syrup(light) with palm sugar and as it cools, add a pinch of saffron.

That sounds delicious but if he's trying to avoid sugar, I don't think reduced OJ will help him much.

It's fructose not sucrose. Can sub honey if required. If anything, you need more acid to set off the sweet/sour thing.

Fucking gross

You'd be surprised how well it goes with poultry and seafood.

Especially braised octopus

chicken paprikash