If you are eating gluten you are actively killing yourself

Some health enthusiast experts have suggested eating gluten could be worse than smoking for your body. I know this board like to stick it to anyone who opposes Cheeto Commander but really is sticking it to liberals worth dying over?

Other urls found in this thread:

health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2015/06/11/think-youre-sensitive-to-gluten-think-again
livestrong.com/article/532865-gluten-intolerance-sour-dough-bread/
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/23/sourdough-bread-gluten-intolerance-food-health-celiac-disease
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes
/thread

It's not the gluten that's toxic, it's the processed foods. My SIL's family all have "gluten intolerance" and the lightest of them is 250lbs. Some Italian study found that even people with actual celiac disease can eat sourdough bread if it's prepared traditionally (i.e. whole grain, self-starter, etc.).

Please don't advertise the meme gluten free diet as actually healthy, you're just falling for (their) most recent campaign. Most people with "gluten intolerance" are just morons who've destroyed their digestive systems with tendies and Domino's.

Sage but some useful links if you're not just trolling.
health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2015/06/11/think-youre-sensitive-to-gluten-think-again

livestrong.com/article/532865-gluten-intolerance-sour-dough-bread/

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/23/sourdough-bread-gluten-intolerance-food-health-celiac-disease

why'd you have to bring Cheeto Commander into it?

Hiding this thread because of the image.

Don't the Japanese, currently the most longevous people in the world, eat a fuckton of very glutinous rice?

Gluten is perfectly healthy

glutinous in the context of rice just means sticky
not literally glutinous

> announce gluten as counterrevolutionary
> effectively render most breads, liaisons and comfy bechamel haram
I don't think you know what you're talking about user

>some (((healthfags)))
Stopped right there

Who the fuck is a cheeto commander

I smoke and eat gluten. Fuck you.

Gluten is a protein that's not much use for the human body, not sure about toxicity, but there's claims that large consumption can lead to celiac disease for one.

In baking industry they use gluten in the process to raise the dough larger for less ingredients. They also add gluten to pasta and bread and call them "protein pasta". Little do people know that gluten isn't much use, compared to meat which has perfect amino acid chains (complete proteins)

So yeah, skip all processed shit breads and "protein" pastas and what not.

It is very true that animal protein is far superior. That doesn't mean others are worthless, just inferior and insufficent for your bodys needs. Don't tell that to vegan fags though.

You are an utter mong mate. Gluten affects the texture and consistency of food products more than anything. When baking, sometimes you want more of it, sometimes less. Nothing to do with nutrition.

Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder that occurs in genetically predisposed people, you can get it through consumption of gluten only if your genes already screwed you up in that department.
Gluten is not used for raising dough, it's used to make it elastic and therefore easier to shape.

Sorry there, I was under the assumption it was used to increase volume as well

>health enthusiast experts

Please eat some gluten.

>have suggested

>Some health enthusiast experts

Are those experts on people who are health enthusiasts or experts of health enthusiasm?

bumping this thread to spite you

I'm often gluten free by happenstance because there's so many other foods I eat besides wheat and barley. It's been weeks since I've had either of those.

He's a trans man with a history of disordered eating.

Not OP, I have some kind of wheat allergy, interestingly enough it's much much more intense in food which uses raw flour (unleavened), e.g. pastries, noodles, breading, etc.

I suspect the fermentation by yeast destroys enough of whatever I'm allergic to so it's not that bad. Unfortunately I've lived all my life with shitty processed flour and I've developed an allergy now, so it's too late.

Fuck America.

i tried the non gluten thing for a few months and slowly stopped giving a shit.
also
>thing that our ancestors have been surviving on for thousands of years is actually bad for us
yeah seems legit bro

>(((some health experts)))

This: Why do people think glutinous rice contains gluten? Are people that stupid?

This desu.

Though if gluten is killing me, all the more reason to eat it by the ton.

>he

correct me if im wrong but I believe soybeans have gluten in them.

>((((((some health enthusiast experts))))))

No, only wheat and barley, which can sometimes contaminate other products.

Some soy sauce contains wheat gluten.

They don't. Most soy sauce contains gluten because the dumb Japs think that after the whites introduced wheat they have to use it in everything.

That said, Tamari is authentic gluten free soy sauce that usually tastes better anyway because it's not thinned out.

what's the deal with gluten anyway? Its not like you all have celiac disease

I'm this user: Gluten is literally fine, it adds nice springy, stretchy texture to food, and you can even use it as meat substitute in Seitan.

I seem to have inherited shit genetics from my dad's side of the family, they all end up getting colon cancer even though they're Italian and normally eat a lot of wheat.

I blame American food processing methods.

So what? Next week they' ll find out that breathing is bad for you. Or sleeping. Or eating.

Eat more phytic acid

>"some"
>"health enthusiast experts"
>"suggested"

*yawn*

What the fug is phytic acid?

Looked it up, yeah I should probably eat more seeds/nuts. My dad used to eat tons of them but he still has a bad allergy.

I think I'm just fucked, user.

>"eating a meal with glucose is worse than breathing smoke"

>domesticated grains are practically the root of modern civilisation and why we're not hunter gatherers any more
>been by our side for 10 000 years
>they're bad for you now
Yeah nah.